Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Do Not Use These Toyota Dealers For Service Or New Cars!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2003, 03:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do Not Use These Toyota Dealers For Service Or New Cars!!!

AgRunner06 had a great idea for a thread. I think it is a great idea and it will help all of us fellow toyota guys from having to deal with or be lyed to or be cheated by these guys again.

DO NOT USE TROTTER TOYOTA !!! THEY LIED TO ME AND GAVE ME ABSOLOUTLY NO CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! THEY DID MY FRIEND THE SAME WAY WHEN HE PURCHASED A USED VEHICLE!!!

BEWARE OF TROTTER TOYOTA OF PINEBLUFF ARKANSAS!!!!!

Old 11-17-2003, 05:18 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
So what did they lie about? Can't just say 'they lied', right?

Bob
Old 11-17-2003, 05:33 AM
Contributing Member

I think that if you post something that "warns" people of negative service, you should state why.

My reason is because I had really bad customer service (for their service department) at a dealership, but their parts guys are top notch and always overnight me parts for no additional cost. That way we aren't flaming the entire dealership, just a department.
Old 11-17-2003, 05:46 AM

Originally posted by Bob_98SR5
So what did they lie about? Can't just say 'they lied', right?

Bob
Below is my long story. This is why I am saying not to use them. Also my dad carried his Tundra in and had over $2000 in service work. And the check engine light was still on and they stated that it was OK there was no problem with the truck.

Now below is my story

Got the problem fixed!!! First off let me say never to use Trotter Toyota out of Pine Bluff Arkansas... These guys are such tards and NO CUSTOMER SERVICE.!!!!
The story is I carried my runner to these guys and had to unload it by myself because the techs were on break or something. AKA they were sitting on there ACE's with there feet up. I leave kinda of discouraged because of the service so far. I leave and decide that I may need to call on Monday so I do. I also call on tuesday because they tell me they cant get it in todat but they will tomorrow. So no bigun I call on Wed around 10:30 they are just bringing it in. So I call back around 3 PM to make sure they got it in. The Ace hole service manager tells me that first the starter needs to be replaced. I know this already!! He tells me I am looking at some money to do this as they will have to remove the aftermarket headers and exhaust to get to the starter!! So I tell them dont worry about that. Then I ask about the starting problem and the manager tells me that they are at a stopping point as they dont know what wires I have hooked up wrong!! So I ask them if they hooked it up to a diagnostic machine. He states yes. So I ask him if there is anything they can do to trouble shoot it. The Ace hole tells me that he can just start replacing parts and see if that fixes it!!! But I am looking at lots of money to do this!! So I ask him if they can fix it and again he tells me they are at a stopping point. Oh well I arrive to pick it up with my Car Hauler and before going in I go around back and about fall out. The vehicle is sitting in the same spot I unloaded it. So I walk and speak to the Ace hole manager Richard and I ask him did you guys bring it inside and check it out. The manager tells me that one of his mechanics brought it in and worked on it. So I ask him that it just so happens that when the tech brought it in and worked on it he rolled it back into the same spot I unloaded it!!! Then he changes his story and tells me his tech looked at it outside!! I told the Ace hole I find that hard to believe. So I go outside and start to role it so I can get it lined up with the hauler. Two detail guys and and a mechainc comes out and ask If I need help. I tell them yes and appreciate it. They ask why I am picking it up as it has not been worked on yet. No biggy!!! I contact another manager and talk to him and he never calls me back. I sent the general manager an email and he never calls me. Thats OK because I will contact the owner of the company. NOT only did they loose my business but they lost my familys business the one that spends around $10000 in service work a year with this same dealer

I KNOW I KNOW SHUT UP AND GET TO THE POINT

My dad has a truck with the same Air Flow Meter AFM as mine. I take his off and put it on mine. The thing cranks wright up with no problems. So i contact a friend who has alot of spare toyotas and picked up an AFM from him for $80.00. Go back to the shop and fix it. Thing runs like a champ. One thing I noticed is with the stock air box the rig seems to have more power than with the K&N cold air intake.

I appreciate all of the replies on this post and hope that if any one has this same problem they may be able to do the same thing I did to fix it.

OH YEAH DONT BUY ANYTHING FROM TROTTER TOYOTA OF PINE BLUFF ARKANSAS ALSO DONT HAVE ANY SERVICE WORK DONE BY THEM EITHER.

Thanks for your help

I dont knock anyone unless I have a problem with the situation
Old 11-17-2003, 05:59 AM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Not that it SHOULD matter, but I would think that your age had something to do with the treatment you received.

Old 11-17-2003, 06:17 AM
Contributing Member

Hey all, just to add to this...
We VA guys have a few reviews of dealers and shops on the website, only one dealer to avoid altogether. They are upgrading the host server so it may be down... http://www.va4roc.com/archive.htm
Old 11-17-2003, 06:20 AM

From experiene, I believe you!

I used to live in Pine Bluff and once took my Ford Explorer in to Trotter Ford. What a joke and fiasco that was! Let's just say that I don't miss living in Pine Bluff, Arkansas, and having to deal with Trotter owned dealerships!

Age, sex, race, or whether you purchased your vechicle at that location shouldn't matter one bit! Hell, we all have money to spend! Do they want our current or future business?

I'm very satisified with Clearwater Toyota, so far!

Last edited by GATORSR1; 11-17-2003 at 06:23 AM.
Old 11-17-2003, 06:38 AM

Re: Age

Originally posted by waskillywabbit
Not that it SHOULD matter, but I would think that your age had something to do with the treatment you received.

I am 27 and have been married for 6 years. I have 2 children and look like I am about 35. I also have been a service manager and customer relations manager for the last 8 years. I do know that what they have offered is NO service.

I have also had alot of friends that have delt with Trotter Ford and have had lots of problems.

Age should not matter and just think what about all of the people they take advantage of that dont know any better.

Thanks
Old 11-17-2003, 08:16 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by AbramHart
Also my dad carried his Tundra in and had over $2000 in service work.
He must be a very strong man!! It wouldn't drive?
Old 11-17-2003, 08:19 AM

Originally posted by Sac State
He must be a very strong man!! It wouldn't drive?
LOL
Old 11-17-2003, 08:29 AM

Re: Re: Age

Originally posted by AbramHart
I am 27....-... and look like I am about 35.

Thanks
Hey,

I'm 35 and feel 25. It sneaks up on ya real fast.
Old 11-17-2003, 04:09 PM
Ant

Well, when I had an alarm installed in my new 03 the dealer had 2 strippers give me a lap dance while I waited. Guess I don't have anything to complain about except they were both brunetes and I like blondes.
Old 11-17-2003, 04:10 PM
Contributing Member

Hmmm...the Toyota dealership that I went through was awesome. Anybody else here familiar with Frontier Toyota? (southern california). They gave me an awesome deal on my used prerunner...although I do have a bone or two to pick with the service department, but nothing serious
Sorry to hear about your bad experiences though
Old 11-17-2003, 04:30 PM
Contributing Member

Re: Age

Originally posted by waskillywabbit

yes. ageism is out there.

and pretacopower, i'm familiar with frontier toyota - i live in santa clarita. their parts department is nothing to write home about (i like mission toyota in mission hills for parts) but the service department is alright. at least from my experiece, they've seemed professional, efficient, and honest. if you're in the santa clarita area, i recommend executive toyota for service work, they were pretty cool with me.
Old 11-17-2003, 07:37 PM
Contributing Member

Re: Re: Age

Originally posted by calrockx

...and pretacopower, i'm familiar with frontier toyota - i live in santa clarita. their parts department is nothing to write home about (i like mission toyota in mission hills for parts) but the service department is alright. at least from my experiece, they've seemed professional, efficient, and honest. if you're in the santa clarita area, i recommend executive toyota for service work, they were pretty cool with me.
Hey, I live in santa clarita as well.... .....
lol, anyway...my bad experience with the service department was the fact that I had my truck there for 3 days and they never called me or returned my calls....like I said nothing serious though.
I'll have to check out Mission Hills Toyota sometime....arent they supposed to be the largest toyota dealer on the west coast or something?

Sorry, didnt mean to jack the thread
Old 11-17-2003, 07:46 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Ant
Well, when I had an alarm installed in my new 03 the dealer had 2 strippers give me a lap dance while I waited. Guess I don't have anything to complain about except they were both brunetes and I like blondes.
And I thought my dealer gave great service...
Old 11-17-2003, 09:09 PM
Contributing Member

Angry short and sweet...haha, yeah right

Do not use Classic Toyota of Round Rock Texas!!!

Not only have they screwed me over but also my sister and my step-mom.

Me: I had the headgasket recall done there. Tech screwed something up and it threw off my TPS which caused my timing to be advanced really far. This caused a miss. When I asked him about it he stated, "It's normal, this is a picky motor." I had to discover the problem myself then take it back them so that they could fix it. Horrible service...even worse techs. I have friends that work there too. You would think they would at least do the job right for me.

Sister: She had her rear brakes replaced on her '97 4runner. Upon completion they were squeaking. When she took it back to the service guy, he proceded to tell her that they didn't replace the rear brakes and that they replaced the front brakes. I had her bring it out to my other dealership who took a look at it for free. They discovered that Classic had indeed done the rear brakes and that when they cut/turned (don't remember what it's called for drums) the drums they did it wrong and caused it to chatter. I had my dealership do the work and charge Classic for it.

Step-mom: '96 LC
1. Heater core started leaking and causing the windshield to fog up. The morons there could not figure out what it was and said that it was an AC problem. After having them do work to the AC, the windshield would still fog up with the defrost on and it would still leak onto the floorboard. They finally figured it out. Idiots.

She had a check engine light on. She took it there and the code was for the EGR. Whether than check the 3 possible culprits, they wanted to charge her over $500 to replace all three and erase the codes. The problem was the modulator which costed about $60 and took literally 2 minutes to replace.

Once again: CLASSIC TOYOTA IS THE DEVIL. DO NOT USE THEM.

On the other hand, Bossier-Atkinson of College Station has been great so far. I've had no problems with them. My service guy always gives me a straight story even if he will lose money. That and he has a supercharged mustang and a couple classic mustangs that he is always willing to talk about .

Old 11-18-2003, 07:47 AM

:wtf: what happened to service?