Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Do Not Purchase Doetsch-tech

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2002, 07:32 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do Not Purchase Doetsch-tech

Thought you all may want to know a little information on Doetsch-Tech business practices.

http://www.hunt4steve.com/Off-Road/9...r%20Suspension
Old 12-15-2002, 08:02 AM

Dude, use the power of the internet! Post this guys email and direct phone #, ˟˟˟˟ I will call and send an email. I would imagine that with an email and phone campaign from this board the guy will send your coils out pronto! Best of luck
Old 12-15-2002, 10:07 AM
Banned

I just shot them an e-mail.

Subject: What's the deal here?

You have somehow pissed off a customer enough for him to make a web page about his horriffic trials in dealing with your company. Not only did you sell a poorly designed product that rendered his vehicle useless, you flat out lied to him several times. What is going on, how do you expect to earn repeat buisness when you pull this kind of crap? Word of mouth advertising is a powerful thing. Look at how Sway A Way sells their coilover suspensions. I'd never heard of them till I found an interned forum where they were mentioned. Now everyone I know with a 4Runner either has them or wants them. Whatever advertising they do is overshadowed by the phenominal reputation they heve earned by word of mouth testimonials.

Unless this is resolved very soon i'll never buy another Doetsch Tech product.

-Matt Hinkley, Moderator of Yotatech.com internet forum
Edited only to include subject of the e-mail.

Last edited by jx94148; 12-17-2002 at 11:57 AM.
Old 12-15-2002, 10:41 AM
Contributing Member

I did too
Wow, you guys suck. I just happened to to come across a post on a forum about your companies ˟˟˟˟ty service. He is so pissed he created a page detailing the events of his service with your company. I was about to start looking for shocks for my truck, your company isn't getting my business. I don't want to have to talk to Mario every day for him to give me the run around if I would ever have to send the shocks back.
I am going to have to replace my shocks in a couple of months just not with coil overs. And I figured I would mention someone's name so that if it gets bad enough someone might get fired.
Old 12-15-2002, 12:11 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

"Wow, you guys suck. I just happened to to come across a post on a forum about your companies ˟˟˟˟ty service. He is so pissed he created a page detailing the events of his service with your company. I was about to start looking for shocks for my truck, your company isn't getting my business. I don't want to have to talk to Mario every day for him to give me the run around if I would ever have to send the shocks back."
I doubt they pay much attention to this one, ever heard of tact ?? Most business owners would read this and ignore it because you didn’t present yourself any kind of tactful manor....

Chris
Old 12-15-2002, 12:20 PM
Contributing Member

I know they wont prolly read most of them that come through, its just the fact that its one more e-mail thats in their inbox showing that there was one more person that read something bad about their customer service. And no I don't know what tact is, all i know is that its one more e-mail that shows a person read this post. Thats all I was going for.
Old 12-15-2002, 05:10 PM
Contributing Member

Thanks

Thanks for the support. Tommor morning, I'm calling the President, I'm pretty much through talking with this guy. I'm also posting this info on the Off-Road.com bulliten boards. I figure if they get enough email, maybe I can at the very least get my original coils back.
Old 12-15-2002, 06:27 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by kctopher
I doubt they pay much attention to this one, ever heard of tact ?? Most business owners would read this and ignore it because you didn’t present yourself any kind of tactful manor....

Chris
it may not be tactful, but it is, for lack of a better word, raw. and that approach can get a point across too
Old 12-15-2002, 06:44 PM
Contributing Member

indeed

Indeed, it will get a raised eyebrow.
Old 12-15-2002, 08:10 PM
Contributing Member

Wow, if I had known about that I wouldn't have bought them for the rear of my '94. I definately will go with another brand for the front. Thanks for the info.
Old 12-15-2002, 09:27 PM
Contributing Member

Re: Do Not Purchase Doetsch-tech

Originally posted by SteveO
Thought you all may want to know a little information on Doetsch-Tech business practices.

http://www.hunt4steve.com/Off-Road/9...r%20Suspension
I am very sorry to hear that your issues have not been resolved...My opinion, ask to speak to the sales mgr...if that does not help, go to the Director level...there is no reason why your concerns have not been addressed....I am just a small company, however, I attempt to resolve all issues one way or another...Maybe I just have a different idea of the way customers should be treated....

Also, I noticed when looking on your web page that you had a link to my site...I just thought I would say thank you, that was extremely kind of you, especially since you have never delt with me before...hopefully, everyone who has delt with me has positive things to say...afterall, when it comes down to it, your reputation is all you have!!!

Mike
Old 12-16-2002, 06:21 AM
JSB
Contributing Member

I made the mistake in getting the prerunners for the rear of my 95. And to say the least...I'm not happy with them. After Christmas I'll be replacing them.
Old 12-17-2002, 06:55 AM
Banned

Check out what I found in my e-mail this morning...

As of 12/16/02 the customer has been taken care of. We realize the customer did have to wait for his parts and we apologize for that. The reasons for the delays were due to supply issues and the customer was relayed information from the said supplier. We are commited to giving customers the best product and quality service.
I wonder if they even know who i'm talking about.

A quick check of SteveO's page says he did receive the items but without any packaging. Who knows what they are? Keep us updated Steve.

Last edited by jx94148; 12-17-2002 at 07:02 AM.
Old 12-17-2002, 12:07 PM
Banned

Some members may feel that complaining about someone elses treatment is uncalled for or rude. By including a mention of Yotatech in my signature I may have misrepresented the overall oppinion of the staff and members here and made it seem that I was speaking for all of us. If you feel that way i'm sorry, i'm not trying to speak for all of us. I maybe should have been a little more professional in the way I asked for an explanation. Nevertheless it worked. I got the explanation I was after and I don't regret asking for it.

Lesson learned
-Matt
Old 12-17-2002, 08:16 PM

I'm glad to see you finally got the package, keep us posted!

By the way, just for the record I think Sway-A-Way can be pretty hard to deal with as well. Customer Service is not their highest priority, luckily they make a decent product, but if something goes wrong (such as the sharp edge coil deal) you may not get a call back anytime soon from them either.

Cheers

Last edited by Beowulf; 12-17-2002 at 08:19 PM.
Old 12-17-2002, 08:23 PM
Contributing Member

In defense of Sway-A-Way...they have distributors who should take care of the customers....like me

Mike
Old 12-17-2002, 08:51 PM

Originally posted by XtremeOff-Road
In defense of Sway-A-Way...they have distributors who should take care of the customers....like me

Mike
True Mike, from what I've heard, you did really good in cleaning up SAW's mess!
Old 12-17-2002, 09:29 PM
Contributing Member

Doetsch-Tech Resolution

To everybody who read my site, dropped me a line, and sent email to Doetsch-Tech I give a hearty THANK YOU!

Mario called me several times today to talk about what happened, and to let me know he has received several emails on this issue. I thank you all for responding, and I can tell you that Doetsch-Tech certainly got the message about poor customer support.

Mario in so many words stated that he was at fault, and that this issue was his bad. He had received bad information from other people, and passed this information on to me. However, after several phone calls from me, he still didn’t check on these people that were feeding him bad information. This is where he failed the customer, me.
Being a business owner myself, a computer consultant, I know that customer service is number one. Statistically, one upset customer tells 7 customers and one happy customer tells 3 customers. Therefore, I would think that it would be in Mario (Doetsch-Tech’s) best interest to make their customers happy. However, in this case, this was not a priority at the time. I can now tell you, that Doetsch-Tech is trying to make their customers happy. In fact, I told Mario I was going to relay an e-mail to him concerning another customer that was blown off by a Doetsch-Tech engineer. Mario seemed genuinely interested in fixing this issue as well. It appears that Doetsch-Tech is understaffed at this time, which could have also played a role in Mario’s delinquent customer service skills. Mario also stated, he had an issue getting the coils shot-peened. Nevertheless, poor service is inexcusable at any time, unless a proper and immediate excuse can be provided. In this case, there was none. Had I been told, the coils were on back order, the coils needed to be painted, they were out of stock, SOMETHING, I could have waited, and accepted this. I know, as well as many people in the off-road community, parts often end up on back order. This is a fact of life. But to be told I should get them any day for nearly a month…this just wore on my last nerve and really ticked me off.

Mario and I talked at length about the coils, their collapse, making sure the proper coils are sent to the customer, proper questions are asked by all parties involved, and proper customer service is provided to the end customer. Mario stated that his engineers took a close look at the coils that I returned and noted that they were ¾” shorter than any other coils of this rating. He also stated they had some issues with a previous coil manufacturer and thinks I may have received a bum set of coils. This may be why the coils collapsed as far as they did. Now…this may be the case, however this is not confirmed. But, in all fairness, Doetsch-Tech has taken the time to find out why the coils collapsed and have found a discrepancy between my original coils and any other set of coils of the same rating. This, in my opinion, shows they are making an attempt at rectifying the problem, and ensuring that future customers do not endure this type of problem. I can respect this type of action.

I asked several times if my replacement coils are 750lb/in coils, and he assured me that they were. In fact, he said these specific coils were load tested before they left Doetsch-Tech. I did note that these replacement coils are have more winds in the coils and appear to be wound a bit tighter. This weekend, I will get them installed and tested out. As usual, I will have the report on my web page.

In ending our conversation, he apologized for dropping the ball, and did want to make it right. I can respect that action. In all fairness, I asked him to send me an email detailing our conversation and any notes that the engineers may have come across. I stated I would post this information on my site, in support of his coil-overs. I’m sure Doetsch-Tech does have good products, and I think this incident, along with a strong response from the web, has taught Doetsch-Tech a lesson in customer service. We both agreed that Doetsch-Tech has learned from this incident, as well as resellers, to ask the right questions from the start. They have also learned to anticipate changes in people’s vehicles and adjust their products accordingly. I hope that this helps Doetsch-Tech become a better company, especially in the customer Service arena.
Old 12-17-2002, 09:33 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
There be tremendous power in the 'Net :xmas7:

Glad you got this case resolved Steve, and I'm sure they will try harder in the future.
Old 12-19-2002, 08:52 AM
Banned

I got yet another e-mail. They don't seem so bad. Someone took a good deal of time to write this out. I really didn't expect any response, now I have two. Here it is for all to see.

Mr. Hunt was the exception, not the norm. As was explained to Mr. Hunt,
there
were supply issues and the information that he received was told to us
by the
supplier. We have learned a valuable lesson in this case not to go on
the
word of the supplier.
Mario does admit that he was wrong, and the manner in which he
handled
the situation was not the most efficient. He accepts full
responsibility for
what happened in this case.
Doetsch Enterprises strives to supply customers with the best
product and
customer service and has established a reputable reputation throughout
the
many years we’ve been in business. If given the chance, we believe
you will
find these statements to be true. Thank you for your understanding.

Quick Reply: Do Not Purchase Doetsch-tech