Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Damn drunk people need to learn how to drive!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2004, 02:06 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Damn drunk people need to learn how to drive!!!!!!!

Stupid drunks need to learn how to drive . Anyways, with that said here's the story.

I was in bed at my gf's house last night at about 1am (yes we were trying to sleep because I had to be up at 5:30am) when we heard a car slide twice then a crash and my alarm going off. This is a residential road with people parked on both sides. The road isn't that wide but there is plenty of room for one car with cars on the sides. Anyways, this drunk f#%^er (most likely drunk, yesterday was the last day of exams) drives about 200 feet away and parks on the other side of a big truck (dumbass...like we wouldn't figure it out). We were dressed and outside within a minute. The guy must have parked and ran around the back side of the duplexes (there's parking behind them). We found his car in less than 30 min and I called the cops. The funny thing is he lives directly across the road from my gf. The cop wrote up an accident report and said he'd probably end up doing a hit and run and taking him to jail. (He better or me and CSPD are going to go 'round.)

Now for the worse news about the 4runner. I got lucky but not scott free. He hit the driver's side wheel. The wheel only has one big deep scratch on it. That's it for cosmetics. I was hoping that would be the extent of the damage. Well it turned the wheels and pushed the 4runner up onto the curb. I was thinking that the 4runner, being the well built vehicle that it is, could take a hit like that with out much problem. Boy was I wrong . I moved it and it's in pretty bad shape. The wheels are out of line with each other vertically and horizontally. My tie rod is hitting my pitman arm. So basically my whole front end steering components are screwed . I have no idea on the extent of the damage.

Thanks for reading. I'll get pics up when I can and keep you guys updated on what happens.

Bastards...

Last edited by AgRunner06; 12-16-2004 at 02:24 PM.
Old 12-16-2004, 02:16 PM
Contributing Member

whoa, sorry... there are always evil bastards out there like this, but remember that one day it will be his turn to be on the recieving end of bad things happening... what goes around comes around...
take it easy.
Old 12-16-2004, 02:19 PM

Better than drunks knowing how to drive, how about drunks staying off the road in the first place?
Old 12-16-2004, 02:24 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Glenn
Better than drunks knowing how to drive, how about drunks staying off the road in the first place?
Do I need to change it so that I am politically correct? You know what I mean. There will always be drunk people on the road. They just need to not hit my car.
Old 12-16-2004, 02:37 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i was going to say the same thing. yes we know what you mean but just stating the fact they need to not be driving in the first place. Sorry about your truck bro.
Old 12-16-2004, 02:38 PM

plus equals you being

Sorry to hear about that bro, let us know how things turn out. I am glad no one was hurt...this time.
Old 12-16-2004, 03:18 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
carl,

awe crap, man. sorry to hear the news. be thankful you werent in that thing when he hit you. im sure you'd probably be explaining to the judge on why you opened the can of whoop ass on him!

bob
Old 12-16-2004, 04:12 PM
Contributing Member

That really sucks!!!
Like everyone said, I'm glad to hear you and yours are okay but I'm really sorry to hear about your truck.
Old 12-16-2004, 04:14 PM
Banned

RATHER damn drunk people dont need to learn how to drive THEY NEED TO LEARN NOT TO DRIVE DRUNK!
Old 12-16-2004, 04:22 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by jimabena74
RATHER damn drunk people dont need to learn how to drive THEY NEED TO LEARN NOT TO DRIVE DRUNK!
Refer to my above post.

I don't know what fantasy world some of you people are living in, but drunk people will still drive. That's just the way it is.

Thanks for giving me a useful comment.

Old 12-16-2004, 04:56 PM
Contributing Member

Damn, that sucks man. You cant seem to catch much of a break with that 'Runner.
Old 12-16-2004, 05:18 PM

Your truck was doing its job to portect you and yours from being hit by the damn drunk driver while you are doing things.

Be sure to park your truck at the same spot tonight.
Old 12-16-2004, 05:25 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by AgRunner06
Refer to my above post.

I don't know what fantasy world some of you people are living in, but drunk people will still drive. That's just the way it is.

Thanks for giving me a useful comment.

people who dont live in texas dont know how 90% of our population drives...

ive been hit while driving with friends by drunk drivers(plural)... i absolutly hate it.
Old 12-16-2004, 05:39 PM
Contributing Member

Man Ag, sorry to hear about that man. Are you gonna get his dumba$$ to help pay for it?

I'm hopin the cops get him and make him fess up to the damages. Keep us posted man!

Fink
Old 12-16-2004, 05:46 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ouch that blows dude..he must have SMASHED ur car to do damage like that. insurance should definitely cover it though espicayl since the cop did an accident report and you found the guy. A few weeks of repairs and your back in shape....just find a beater or see if your insurance will get you a loaner
Old 12-16-2004, 06:22 PM

If he was drunk his insurance probably won't cover him, at least thats how it works up here. They won't be held responsible for you commiting a crime(driving drunk). Get a Lawyer involved asap. Sorry to hear about the truck.
Old 12-17-2004, 03:26 AM
lee
Contributing Member

thats terrible... good luck man.
Old 12-17-2004, 07:56 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by AgRunner06
Sorry to hear about that. I've had a car totaled by a drunk before. It was his third time in an accident while drunk. Didn't have insurance. I had to testify against him. The DA said that if they were lucky, he might spend a little time in jail finally.

If you increased the penalty enough, it would cut down on drunk driving. I'm pretty much a one-strike, you're out kind of guy. One strike and you don't drive again - ever. Plus a nice hefty fine. And, since you're not driving, I'll take all of your cars and trucks. Plus 30 days jail. Strike two and you're going to spend a LOT of time in prison. Hard labor so you pay your own way - no freeloading off the tax payers.

The chances of this being passed in CA? Slim.
The chances of this being passed in TX? None.
Old 12-17-2004, 11:07 AM

Location: Grew up in Santa Clarita/San Fernando Valley's...now in Washington State
Funny thing some1 starts a thread 'bout drunks and driving and a toyota....I lost my son and my fiancee to a drunk driver when he swerved into her lane. He bounced off the front left tire, pushing/hitting her 4runner off the road and into a telephone pole. Fortunatly my son died instantly,a week after his 3rd birthday. My fiancee died almost 4 hrs later in surgery. The only penelty for drunk driving, 1st offence, should be death. PERIOD. And at the hands of the surviving family members.
Then I do believe drunk driving accident reports on the radio, and tv will become nuthin more than bad memories, and stories to tell our children to scare them into not drinking/driving.

And nobody will ever get the "knock" at the door that is to tell them that the future is no longer thiers to change. That there has been an accident....
Old 12-17-2004, 11:16 AM

Location: Grew up in Santa Clarita/San Fernando Valley's...now in Washington State
I apoligize for the ranting in the above post (mine) but as you can tell, drinking and driving is something that is something that is rather personal. Hey Ag, If the the cops don't do anything, I'd more than happy to err....road trip!!!! Sorry to hear about what happened, If you move your state closer to mine,I'd help ya wrench on your rig!

Last edited by drkgypsy; 12-17-2004 at 11:21 AM.

Quick Reply: Damn drunk people need to learn how to drive!!!!!!!