Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Cv Unlimited NewFeilds

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2003, 09:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Cv Unlimited NewFeilds

Hey, does anyone know anything about this product or did I just waisted 500 bones for the New Feilds. I know about ORS manual hubs but I want strenghth at the CV (4 regular CVs in under a month) The Newfields are strong looking with Toyota reman (a little beat up) axles and Primuim grade 20 balls in the Newfeild and neoprene boots. The guy told me there was no core charge, but that soon changed when i noticed a $100 core charge on the bill, I called and worked nothing out , oh well if these are designed for rock crawling like the guy said then I don't need the old ones kinda sux to find hiden charges
Old 07-18-2003, 06:27 AM

They're making them for the new runners now? I know their birfs for the old solid axles are only marginally stronger than the stock birfs. Bobby Long makes a modified and heat-treated birf that's much stronger than stock for solid axles and Camo on the PBB is hinting towards a new even stronger joint that he's going to be testing soon.

Keep the old ones as trail spares, there's no such thing as unbreakable.
Old 07-18-2003, 07:05 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Shane
[B]They're making them for the new runners now? I know their birfs for the old solid axles are only marginally stronger than the stock birfs.

They claim 100% stronger, I have a 69 bronco half cab that is sitting in piles in this order, chassis, body, body panels. I want to use this for offroading and don't care about street legalness. Then the runner will be used for towing and dailly driving hopefully these axles will prove an extra long life so i can quit breaking yota parts and start buying bronco parts. If anyone else has these drive axles let me know what you think
Old 07-18-2003, 07:09 AM

sorry i must be drunk , these might only be 25% stronger or more, i don't know.
Old 07-18-2003, 07:55 AM

I say keep your ol' ones & tell cv unlimited to lik-a-dik cause I know for a fact you will break these new ones (I have been in the passange seat with this fool) and you will need those 2 BRAND NEW drive axles when these break. Also I am not helping you install if you return your cores. Also they said no core so you best be calling AMEX and tell them to take off that extra $100 charge. Good thing for AMEX
Old 07-18-2003, 08:22 AM

Originally posted by customcruiser
I know for a fact you will break these new ones (I have been in the passange seat with this fool) and you will need those 2 BRAND NEW drive axles when these break. Also I am not helping you install if you return your cores
He is jealous because the first time i drove his cruiser i broke the frame in falf behind the passenger seat resulting in a fwd cruiser and a week of welding. Another thing is that customcruiser is too lazy (dude slept till 6pm yesterday) to help me instal my CVs
Old 07-18-2003, 08:30 AM

Hey yesterday I was sick. and today I'm kickin your a$$
Old 07-18-2003, 10:07 AM

Originally posted by Hyperlite
They claim 100% stronger
Doesn't matter what a company claims of their product, real world testing is what matters. Ask this question on the PBB and they'll tell you to forget about newfields and either stay with stock birfs or put your money into longs. Of course this applies to the solid axle birfs, the IFS CVs they're apparently making now could indeed be twice as strong but I haven't heard anything either way on them. Most people who would be wheeling hard enough to break them cut off the IFS before they get a chance to break.
Old 07-30-2003, 07:57 AM

I agree with cutting off the IFS - and have told him to do so, but he feels that a SAS will make his 3rd Gen drive like crap on the road. also since he didnt find any 3rds with SAS he was SCARED:cry: but now that he has found one on the net, thats all hes been talking about. since the 3rd with SAS had a snorkel (the safari for the taco -- they dont make one for 3rd gen 4Runner) he ordered it last night instead of going custom <-- very good idea since his craftsmanship is that of a :pig: since he cant stay off the lol

i bet he breaks these within a month:pat: