Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Corey Pic Request ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2003, 08:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Corey Pic Request ?

Corey,

Sorry to single you out, but I searched and saw an old link to a pic on your website that I need. I could not seem to see the pic.

What I am desperate for is a pic of the hose connections on the plenum (V6-3VZ from California) showing the vacuum AND fuel connections.

Like an idiot, I removed my plenum (second time), cleaned it, replaced hoses and the PCV valve. What I did NOT do was take a pic BEFORE. I labeled all the vacuum hoses, but nothing else.

I started my rig last night and watched fuel pour out underneath. I shut off before flames, but now I am understandably paranoid about the fuel line connections.

Thanks in advance,
Old 02-26-2003, 08:48 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Hi Dafried.
I lost my entire website two Thursdays ago as I got moved to a better server with my pay host.

I had the whole site on my PC, and it's all rebuilt, except for a few pics here and there that I had linked on the forum here.

I just found the pic, and uploaded it to a new Tech folder I made last week.
http://www.pnw4runners.net/tech/

The vac hose one is in the 3.0 folder.
Hope that helps, as my rig originaly came from California.
Old 02-26-2003, 09:10 AM

Corey,

Thanks for the quick response. We must have the same rig, as my hood sticker looks the same.

The pic I am talking about showed the driver's side of the plenum, including the hose connections. You posted it in response to a plenum question (sorry I can't find a link to the post).

In the past, I have mis-connected vacuum hoses, but correcting that is an easy fix, by comparison.

My current crisis is that I'm afraid to start up my rig again without ensuring that my FUEL connections are correct to the plenum. They are on the same side as the vacuum connections.

My factory manuals do not show these connections and I cannot tell what plenum connections in that section are for fuel.

Any ideas? If you or anyone else have a pic of that side of the plenum where I could tell which hoses go to fuel, that would help.

Again, I thank you in advance for any suggestions/help.

David
Old 02-26-2003, 09:17 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

I must have lost those.
I know the ones you are talking about I think, they were in response to the 3.0 IRS mod.

Give me 20 minutes here, and I wil have fresh digis for ya.
Old 02-26-2003, 09:25 AM

I can't thank you enough.

David
Old 02-26-2003, 09:36 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

No problemo Dave.
They are uploaded, and in the 3.0 folder, and a sub folder in there in the URL above.

I hope they are detailed enough.
If not, let me know and I can snag more later.
Gotta go now.
Old 02-26-2003, 10:54 AM

Wow - nice pic's. Thanks so much.

Now if I had only asked for what I needed

What I SHOULD have stated in my earlier post is that I need the PASSENGER side connections.

I saw that your pic "e6" shows this pretty well, but you have added some aftermarket stuff that blocks the part I need to see. For instance one of the hoses I am trying to re-connect runs on top between the firewall and the back of the motor. It has a goldish connector and I can see the connector in your "e6" pic, but I can't tell where it connects to the Plenum. I think it is top left (under where the cold start injector electrical wire runs), but I can't be sure.

Don't persue this any more, unless it's a no-brainer. I will make an attempt to find another similar engine and ask someone to take pic's. It's frustrating, since I can pressurize the fuel system by turning the ignition key and nothing leaks, but as soon as the engine starts, fuel pours out from this area.

I am afraid to spend too much time with the engine running for obvious reasons.

Thanks again,

David
Old 02-26-2003, 11:00 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

You are welcome Dave.
Yes, I have a lot of wires in the way from 3 sets of off road lights, and other wiring jobs.

I'm sure someone here can snag a pic for you of a clearer shot without the stuff in the way.