YotaTech Forums  

Go Back   YotaTech Forums > Toyota SUV & Truck Tech > 95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Welcome to Yotatech!
Welcome to Yotatech,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-16-2005, 10:53 AM   #1
Personal Sales Rating: (0)

Coolant leak, leaks when not running

i got home this morning from down below with my mom and when we pulled up i saw a puddle under my truck, great i thought. i pop the hood and i see coolant leaking from somewhere by the throttle body/upper rad. hose. I could see it just dripping and i havent driven it since the night before so why would it leak all of the sudden and not while im driving it? I just replaced both radiator hoses and the intake has all new felpro gaskets.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Yotatech!
91 toyota pick up regular cab, 22re with unifilter, flowmaster exhaust, sway away torsion bars, custom made upper arms, 31 BFG all terrains (soon to be 33 bajas), bilstein 5150's all around, hella 500's up front and a shiny diamond plate tool box for all my junk
desert whomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 04:52 AM   #2
Personal Sales Rating: (0)

I had the exact same thing with my '88 22RE. I figured it was a head gasket gone bad. Didn't have any oil/water mixing problems going on, so I just added some Prestone Stop Leak to hold me over until I do a complete engine rebuild or replacement.
I think it leaks while not running because just sun light warming up the car expands the cooling fluid enough to send it out the leaky spot. Could be wrong, but in my case the Stop Leak did the trick for now.
88w/300K!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 04:52 AM
Yotatech
4WD Truck

Paid Advertisement

Tags
anitfreeze, coolant, engine, im, leak, leaking, leaks, off, radiator, running, stop, sudden, truck, turned, yotatech