Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Completed my Supercharger Install in 1.5 hours

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2004, 08:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Completed my Supercharger Install in 1.5 hours

Just kidding about the time it took me. It seems one's knowledge of the engine can be measured by how long it takes you to install something like a supercharger.

I installed the TRD supercharger and 7th injector kit, new iriidium plugs, TRD thermostat, and TRD air filter in about 2 1/2 days on my 2002 Tacoma. I was not in a hurry but I waisted a lot of time on things not covered in the install instructions. I bought the Haynes manual which helped a little. I really need to get the "offical" Toyota repair manuals.

One of the hardest parts was cramming all the wires, connectors, junction box, and TRD piggyback ECU into a space not intended for all that crap. I did manage to finally do it and have my glove box still be able to close (didn't the first time). :pat:

All and all I'm very pleased. No engine check lights and a lot more power. I can now easily light up the back wheels on dry pavement (not possible before with my auto-transmission).

My only real complaint is the sound. I still have the stock exaust so the truck sounds like a big electric drill when I open her up. It is now much, much, faster than it sounds. I'll have to do something about that in the near future.

Cheers,
-Jeff-
Old 01-25-2004, 09:08 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Completed my Supercharger Install in 1.5 hours

Originally posted by jwahaus
Just kidding about the time it took me. It seems one's knowledge of the engine can be measured by how long it takes you to install something like a supercharger.

I installed the TRD supercharger and 7th injector kit, new iriidium plugs, TRD thermostat, and TRD air filter in about 2 1/2 days on my 2002 Tacoma. I was not in a hurry but I waisted a lot of time on things not covered in the install instructions. I bought the Haynes manual which helped a little. I really need to get the "offical" Toyota repair manuals.

One of the hardest parts was cramming all the wires, connectors, junction box, and TRD piggyback ECU into a space not intended for all that crap. I did manage to finally do it and have my glove box still be able to close (didn't the first time). :pat:

All and all I'm very pleased. No engine check lights and a lot more power. I can now easily light up the back wheels on dry pavement (not possible before with my auto-transmission).

My only real complaint is the sound. I still have the stock exaust so the truck sounds like a big electric drill when I open her up. It is now much, much, faster than it sounds. I'll have to do something about that in the near future.

Cheers,
-Jeff-

Pictures please. I'd like to see how the s/c looks in the engine bay.