Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

commando 560 alarm help with power doors+remote start

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 02:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation commando 560 alarm help with power doors+remote start

Hello, i came across your forums via google, becuase i was searching for commando alarm things, and i own a 92 corolla, i know im posting in the wrong forum, completly wrong, im very sorry, i read some threads here, i purchsed the commando remote start and keyless entry and alarm, the 560 package, along with a manual to power lock conversion, and i cant seem to figure it out...heres my problem

i mounted the actuators to the door, and hooked up the two doors to the brain, the central unit...for the doors, they do not work

now, i have the alarm system aswell, how do i connect the doors to the alarm? i connected all the 5 large guage wires, and 12v power supplys, im lost on the diode, i hear the alarm, it works, it goes off when i start the car open doors ect i have normal operation, but as i mentioned i dont know how to tie in the new power locks with the alarm system

the door kit did NOT come with a remote, so i assume i will have to tie it into the alarm system...how do i do that?

i have a 1992 toyota corolla, with factory alarm currently, i could use a hell of alot of advice about this, im very sorry about posting about a corolla here, but im so backed into a corner about this one and my car is off the road becuase of it, all your help is appriciated

thanks guys!

-Mike

Old 05-14-2008, 03:28 PM
Contributing Member

So you are turning manual locks into power locks? Did the kit come with relays for the actuators?
Old 05-14-2008, 04:33 PM

Exclamation hmmm

i dont know, i oredered this http://www.commandocaralarms.com/ite...?ProductID=604 kit, and this http://www.commandocaralarms.com/ite...ProductID=1186

i dont think they did now that you mention it....i dont think they did, for the doors, i think i have to get them...can i get any one relay? or just theres? those are the EXACT kits i have, i think i need relays right?

thanks again!

-Mike

Old 05-14-2008, 07:36 PM
Contributing Member

hmmm, doesn't say they need relays. I'd call those guys up, we had to a few times when installing our commando alarms and they are great. The only time I ever did the door lock actuators was on my son's accord and it was a nightmare.
Old 05-15-2008, 05:36 AM

Hey, well i just have no clue really on how t tie in the locking system with the alarm with both those kits, do i need the relays? is there a number I can call? im going to look on the boxes and sites and such, see what I can come up with, thanks man, im ganna go out todya and try and get it to work again, im still currently stuck at scratching my head on this one!

anymore help is appricated, thanks guys! =)

-Mike
Old 05-15-2008, 10:45 AM

Exclamation

Hello again, my brother and I have worked a bit more on the car, here is the problem we are facing now:

i have the alarm door lock kit instaled and it WORKS(if i press on eather door they both LOCK and UNLOCK together)

im having a problem intergrating the power lock kit with the alarm kit.(the locking function on keyless)

currently only the UNLOCK function works on the keyless from the alarm kit

heres what i did:

i connected the green wire from the two prong green and blue positive and negative lock and unlock prong to the brown wire from the power lock kit near the end just before the central lock module.

I am getting nothing but unlock functions from the keyless entry(no lock button will work)

i have tried switching the green and blue but all that does is cuase the lock button on the key to unlock the doors.

i an getting no lock function at all....

i am not using any relays i dont think i need to

any suggestions?
Old 05-15-2008, 04:49 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You might try this website:

http://www.the12volt.com/doorlocks/doorlocks.asp
Old 05-16-2008, 06:54 AM

RobD that did absolutly nothing for me and im still very confused.

i have a factory toyota with NO POWER LOCKS AT ALL.
ALL FACTORY DEFAULT, i just bought the 2 commando kits above.
i mounted actuators and i got the power locks to work when i push them up and down by hand.
i can only get the unlock to work with the keyless remote when i try and tie it into the alarm(the lock button just tryed to unlock it agian).
i cannot get the remote start to work at all.
i got the alarm to work.

where are all you 'experts' i was under the impression people here installed 5+ of these on cars already but somehow im still getting just links to places i already have gone too.
Old 05-16-2008, 07:13 AM
Contributing Member

Wow, not sure who told you we were experts but i'm not aware of anyone here who has installed the stuff you are trying to. There were some of us who did the alarm but we all had auto door locks as far as I know.

Did you call the guys you bought them from? They really are helpful.
Old 05-16-2008, 12:05 PM

i got the autolocks to work this morning and i also have the alarm working aswell. i just cant figure out the remote start.

i took 1 shot at it and i would have bet my balls that i had it wired right but it did not start with the remote starter or the key. i did all the wiring in the harnesses under the stearing wheel and in the harnesses...i dont know what i did wrong to tell you guys the truth, i was almost positive that i bypassed the ignition wire like im supposed too.i am using a relay aswel(the one that came with it).

i KNOW you guys have much more experience with the remote start stuff so thats why i guess i saved it for last. so if anyone has any ideas im all ears.
Old 05-16-2008, 12:49 PM
Contributing Member

I have a 5spd and didn't bother trying to hook it up. Maybe someone else will chime in.
Old 05-19-2008, 06:37 AM

lol and you guys say your good with cars hahahahaha
Old 05-19-2008, 07:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by redwhiteblue
lol and you guys say your good with cars hahahahaha
wow thats a real good way to get help. switched ground or not it shouldnt be that hard to wire it. i put an autostart, door lock, and a tailgate latch popper kit (big thing in Texas to have your trunk on pop..) in a '99 stick shift Ranger all bymyself with out instructions and in a weekend working about 2 1/2 hours a day on it.. hardest part was remembering to only start my vehicle when i had left it in neutral. Honestly if you dont have the knowledge to do it yourself have it done proffesionally. On my 4Runner i had it done just for the simple fact that it came with the kit and with a lifetime warrenty.. being good with cars is totally different than trying to troubleshoot a problem over the internet that we dont actually know what is hooked up correct because we have to assume that you know what your doing.. And we all know what happens when we assume..
Old 05-19-2008, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by ETRNL
wow thats a real good way to get help. switched ground or not it shouldnt be that hard to wire it. i put an autostart, door lock, and a tailgate latch popper kit (big thing in Texas to have your trunk on pop..) in a '99 stick shift Ranger all bymyself with out instructions and in a weekend working about 2 1/2 hours a day on it.. hardest part was remembering to only start my vehicle when i had left it in neutral. Honestly if you dont have the knowledge to do it yourself have it done proffesionally. On my 4Runner i had it done just for the simple fact that it came with the kit and with a lifetime warrenty.. being good with cars is totally different than trying to troubleshoot a problem over the internet that we dont actually know what is hooked up correct because we have to assume that you know what your doing.. And we all know what happens when we assume..

yes it is a good way to get help , see how fast it got you to post your life story??

i know nothing about cars and i just installed my own alarm system , power locks from manuel and all 4 new speakers and radio. this isnt as hard as you guys try and make it sound. you guys are making a big deal out of playing with 12 volt batterys . thanks for all your wonderfull help gents.
Old 05-19-2008, 10:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
good im glad you did all that by yourself. if it wasnt that hard then why you need help? have fun playing with your 12v battery.. just remember not to lick it for too long..
...done with this thread....
Old 05-19-2008, 11:02 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had a remote start on my runner when I bought it....first thing i took off

just make sure you have a good fire extinguisher RWB