Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Clunking...

Old 01-07-2004, 06:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clunking...

Is it normal when your going freeway speeds then tap your accelerator and hear a kinda clunk noise???

Im thinking of checking my motor or tranny mounts, if I can find them, or even taking it to the stealership... I would think its under warranty right? Course who knows with the lift and all what kind of trouble im going to have.
Old 01-07-2004, 07:04 AM

Ok i think ill check it out before i take it to the stealership...

They said if its under warranty theres no diag fee, but if its not, its like 80 buck...

I asked, well is there a way to tell if its under warranty or not without me paying 80 bux first... he said they have to look at it, so just expect to pay 80 bux...

what happened to free estimates? hrm... i mean I understand he *has* to see the problem first to determine, but I dont like to sit there not knowing if I have to spend 80 or not, and theres no way to have them say yes.. its the mounts, then I say ok, and drive off and fix it myself... i still have to spend 80 bux if its not covered... ok i need coffee i think im rambling again.
Old 01-07-2004, 07:08 AM

Whenever i get a clunk in the ass end its my rear driveshaft. The part that telescopes(dont know the name of it)dries up and i have to press alot of grease in there. Give it a shot.

Search this Thread