Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Check This: 1983 Yota

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2005, 10:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check This: 1983 Yota

Whats up Yotatech? I thought I would post my latest purchase:
A Beloved 1983 SA Yota! I found it sitting in weeds up to the windows just asking to be rescued....of course I rescued her, and have to put some serious TLC into the frame but in the end this is going to be one mean mammer jammer!
For now here's some pics.
Enjoy. Comments welcome.....can you tell I'm pysched about this????!! It seems like christmas in August

Last edited by rngrchad; 08-07-2005 at 10:51 PM.
Old 08-07-2005, 10:29 PM
Contributing Member

Nice rescue. So whats your plans with that puppy? I love the already modified gas tank relocation and I could picture it being one mean trail rig...
how much was it?

Last edited by rocket; 08-07-2005 at 10:30 PM.
Old 08-07-2005, 10:58 PM

Ahhh more of that gawd awfull blue interior! (mine's the same) Looks like a good project truck to start with
Old 08-07-2005, 11:26 PM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Cool man.

Ive been looking for an 82 or 83 myself. Seems that every one I find has an owner who knows the SFA's are worth some money ;(

If you dont mind, about how much did you get it for?
Old 08-08-2005, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by rocket
Nice rescue. So whats your plans with that puppy? I love the already modified gas tank relocation and I could picture it being one mean trail rig...
how much was it?
Plans are pending. It is going to be a dedicated trail rig for sure. The tires are about the only thing that is for sure right now: 35x10.50 swamper boggers. I'm debating going w/ 1/2 ton Chevy's for the rear/Alcan's/or Allpro. Dunno quite yet. I'm in the process of redoing the frame, I'll post pics if anyone is interested of the frame-off restoration. I pulled the engine/tranny/driveshafts lastnight and will be completely redoing almost the whole frame. I probably have a week of everynight welding/cutting before the frame is finished. Then the fun will begin, drop the engine back in, do the suspsension,etc etc. Rock'nroll

White83: Dag'on! You have one clean yota. They don't exsist like that here in the rustbucket.
gotta go.
Old 08-08-2005, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by rngrchad
White83: Dag'on! You have one clean yota. They don't exsist like that here in the rustbucket.
gotta go.
Hehe thanks, they sure go for a premium price around here too Picked it up for 3k and have put probably 2k into it so far. Only rust I've seen is a little bit around the back of the bed rails and near the top of the tailgate. Even that is just a little bit of surface rust.
Old 08-09-2005, 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by rngrchad
Plans are pending. It is going to be a dedicated trail rig for sure. The tires are about the only thing that is for sure right now: 35x10.50 swamper boggers. I'm debating going w/ 1/2 ton Chevy's for the rear/Alcan's/or Allpro. Dunno quite yet. I'm in the process of redoing the frame, I'll post pics if anyone is interested of the frame-off restoration. I pulled the engine/tranny/driveshafts lastnight and will be completely redoing almost the whole frame. I probably have a week of everynight welding/cutting before the frame is finished. Then the fun will begin, drop the engine back in, do the suspsension,etc etc. Rock'nroll

gotta go.

Chad,

Nice purchase man. Vince's truggy is up on the block for sale and was wondering if you wanted the tube bed I made for it. It will bolt right on the back end of your truck.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:00 AM

Your '83 looks pretty nice to me! I love the early body style. Back in that time, I had an '81 in 1986 that I wish I would have kept. In its time, I had it pretty modified from all Downey / North West products. I would go with your plan above now days.

Enjoy!
Old 08-09-2005, 04:09 PM

Thanks for the comments guys! I'm really stoked about it.
Trekker wrote: Chad,

Nice purchase man. Vince's truggy is up on the block for sale and was wondering if you wanted the tube bed I made for it. It will bolt right on the back end of your truck.
I just got off the phone w/ya and vince, right now I'm spread a little thin w/ cash but I really appreciate the headsup on him selling it. I told Vince I may be getting ahold of him when I get toward the end of my buildup, but I really believe that tube-bed will be sold by then if he's asking what he mentioned. It is exactly what I want, just now I'm focusing on my frame and suspension

Sgrit wrote: Your '83 looks pretty nice to me! I love the early body style. Back in that time, I had an '81 in 1986 that I wish I would have kept. In its time, I had it pretty modified from all Downey / North West products. I would go with your plan above now days.Enjoy!
Thanks man! I'm sure the body will be dented and mangled in no-time wheeling with 82trekker, he seems to get me into some very precarious situations when we hit the trail....out-of-hand most of the time but wayyyy tooo much fun! By the way, My best friend just left Cheyenne Wyoming, she's now working at some cattle ranch in Pike National forest area of Colorado! I wish I lived out west....gotta any rooms?? I'll pay rent...hahah

Last edited by rngrchad; 08-09-2005 at 04:12 PM.