Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

In Charlotte NC??, I got a ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2003, 03:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In Charlotte NC??, I got a ?

I got my new truck at Scott Clark Toyota here in Chl. Since I have not had any problems and only have 500 miles on it I don't see me going into Service Dept for a while.
What have your experiences or have you heard any good or bad about them. I have alternatives in the county but SClark is about 3 miles from home.
Thnx.
Smith
Old 06-26-2003, 05:11 PM

My 4Runner was purchased originally from Scott Clarks. I am the second owner but always use them for tune-ups/oil changes. So far I've had nothing to complain about. My father also purchased a 2003 Tundra from them and that was a pleasant experience.

I don't know much about Town & Country Toyota. Only time I've been there was this past Tuesday and it didn't seem any different.

Where do you live in Charlotte? I live down on the SE side in Providence Country Club. Good to see another Charlottean on here.

Dave
Old 06-26-2003, 05:26 PM

Aye fella's,
I live in SC, down the road from you all, but used to live in Weddington forever and still work in the area at Autobell Carwash. I had a Grand Cherokee on 36"s for a LONG time and ended up selling it, now I am looking for a 98 limited 4Runner with low miles and have delt with SC several times, also, a few of my friends bought there Yota's there and never had any problems.

I see you are in Matthew's, where did you graduate from?--peace
Bennett
Old 06-26-2003, 05:40 PM

Prolax, I plan on doing virtually all my maint to a good degree. Always have, my dad showed me the ropes alooonnng time ago (later explained). Try replacing ball joints at 2am with a torch and a chisel (no pu$$y pickle fork !!). I have heard mucho bad news about town & country (do a google search, you'll see). But down the road, I'd like to know what to expect. Thanx.

benzj, do you work at the AutoBell on Monroe Rd ?? You might know my sons (Eric & Cal) they graduated from East Meck in 99 and 02 respectively. See, I'm thier dad and mechanic. Erics 95 Explorer has many of the mods you guys here have done (open air box, Borla exhaust, Surco Rack...many more). Cal wants to trade his 95 Ranger for a Taco now that he has put more miles on it than I have..LOL..

You see, I graduated from High School in 1970 ! You can do the math.lol.
thanx.
Old 06-26-2003, 05:44 PM

Ahhhhh..I gotcha..Sorry!..

No, I work at the Autobell in the Piper Glen area, near Rea Rd. It is an easy drive up 521 from me since I am in SC. But like I said, I grew up in Weddington and know the area like the back of my hand--

Have you ever heard of TANK TOWN or THE TANK TRAP in downtown Matthews--(ask your sons)--We wheel there several times a week....

good luck!
Bennett
Old 06-26-2003, 05:47 PM

Yeah Eric used to go there with his 94 Big Bronco (eddie bauer) and was airing out som older Scouts. He did that until he rolled and totalled it !.
I know the Auto Bell, I will roll in there some time with the old Volvo Wagon and check you out !!
Old 06-26-2003, 06:26 PM

Sounds good, I will be the one with the Green Ford Focus-(its a rental, till I get a Runner.)

Bennett
Old 06-27-2003, 04:53 PM

Benzj: Auto Bell, I know the place. Actually I had my 4Runner washed there on Monday after some wheeling off Rea Road. I work right across the street from you at Chick Fil A (yah, of all places). I'm currently a Senior at Providence High School here in Charlotte/Matthews. Good luck getting your 4Runner. I've never heard of the Tank Trap. I usually hit the trail right down Rea Road halfway from Stonecrest to Weddington.

KPS36: I used to live in Matthews, right near the HS in Sardis Plantation. I've yet to hear any bad news about the dealerships, but I'll take your word for it. Say, you want to do my mechanical work for me too?
Old 06-27-2003, 07:24 PM

prolax...

Yeh, dude, I've seen you several times around the area, I take it you are the one with the duals, Surco rack, etc...

I come into Chick-Fil-A almost everyday durning lunch for my break. Currently I am driving a Green POS Ford Focus as my rental, untill I get a Runner or another Grand...

Are you friends with Garrett by any chance (got the ZJ on 35s)?

peace

Bennett
Old 06-27-2003, 09:25 PM

benzj: Funny you should ask. Garrett lives 2 houses away from me. Amazing rig hes got. Too bad its a Heep though. Actually he towed me out of a ditch a few weeks ago. That one was embarassing. You got any pics of your old GC? I might recognize it. Where'd you graduate too and when?

Dave

Last edited by prolax13; 06-27-2003 at 09:26 PM.
Old 06-28-2003, 03:05 AM

Wow, small world, I am at Garretts at least once or twice aweak, building, fixing or whatever that kid wants.... Yeh, he has done a GOOD job on that ZJ--Yeh, I have LOTS of pics of the old ZJ, it was black, ARB front bumper, Canyon rims, typical stuff, had 35s on for a LONG time, then right before I took her down, I ran 36" TSL's for a few days.

Hit me up at the AUTOBELL sometime, Id like to see your Runner--

peace
Bennett

oh, I graduated from Weddington in 2002.
Old 06-28-2003, 05:47 AM
rjm

dealerships

the only experience i have had with scott clark is when i bought my present truck-last july. i called them and told them what i wanted and nobody called me back!! then the manager called me as follow up- i told him of the situation and he apologized and said he'd have the salesman call me right back- they never called back!! so i bought my truck in rockhill,sc at harrelson toyota- if you want a sweet deal that is where to go!! i was originally planning on buying a d/c sr5 4x4 model. we haggled back and forth (all over the phone) i got my price-then my salesman called back and said he found a better truck- a limited model and that he would split the cost of that package with me- i said i wasn't interested- after several more phone calls-needless to say i got an 02 d/c cab, limited 4x4, with all options ,except the sunroof and the push button four wheel drive button for 23,535-sticker was 27,511!! plus, when i picked up the truck, it had a bed liner in it. they through it in the wrong truck at the port of miami- i got that free!!-harrelson service dept is a different story-stay away!! i have been to town and country a couple of times. i have had no problems. the service writer i deal with seems to know his stuff. their level of customer service seems to be higher than most dealerships i have dealt with, in the past
Old 06-28-2003, 09:13 AM

Yeh..thats cool, I gotta buddy of mine that works at the Rock Hill store in the shop as part of the Yota training program they offer, seems to be a pretty good place from what he has said....

Bennett
Old 06-28-2003, 10:27 AM

Havnt been to Harrelson Toyota yet, but it sounds like you got a nice deal.

Bennett, how much do they pay over at Auto Bell and are they currently hiring? All I've heard is you need a drivers license to work there. Is this correct? Im getting tired of working 10-15 hours a week at crappy wages at CFA.

Dave
Old 06-28-2003, 07:37 PM

Aye man,
If you are gonna be around tomorrow, stop by about 4ish or so and ask for me. We do have some spots open and your 10-15 hours per week can change to 60-80 in no time!..haha..
Seriously, it's a perfect job for a student or someone that has alot to do, they let you off when ever you need to be off and the pay is exceptional. I bring in almost 600 bucks a week alone just in tips, that is cash in my pocket, no tax, no nothing, just straight up cash.--It gets a little tuff in the 90-100 degree heat and humidity and you gotta work to get that kinda money, but it can be done. It is a good group of guys and there are pretty many of us that do wheel on a regular basis.....

Here is a pic of my old ZJ on 33"s...just to see if you have seen it.

peace
Bennett
Old 06-29-2003, 06:23 PM

Nice rig man. Sounds like you'll have plenty of cash to spend on that new 4Runner. I would've stopped by today but my sis had her baby-shower and is expecting in 9 days. Thats a hella money for tips only. I needa get a job there asap.

What year are you looking for anyways? I plan to sell mine pretty soon since its only 2WD and get an older 4WD.

Dave
Old 06-29-2003, 06:46 PM

Aye man..

Thanks for the offer, but I GOTTA buy something with 4wheeldrive, I am debating now between a 98 4Runner limited and a 98 ZJ with the 5.9L in it. I just DONT know. I already have SOOO much crap for the ZJ since I built this last one and took the money to buy newer and better stuff for the "new" one. So I am still trying to make my mind up.

Anyways, goodluck on your decision and stop by when you can to apply, we always need help..thanks!
Bennett
Old 06-29-2003, 07:05 PM

Lol. I wasnt trying to sell it to ya. I knew you would be looking for a 4x4.

Dave
Old 07-03-2003, 07:39 AM

So I was in Charlotte yesterday and some guy in a charcoal grey ZJ on what looked to be 33s with an ARB front bumper and no winch and a fair amount of body damage came up to me and told me I have coolest 4Runner he had ever seen. Nice guy, but I didn't catch his name because I was in a hurry. Anyone know him? This happened at the Arboretum, I first caught sight of his truck coming in the providence entrance by the movie threater. I have no idea if this guy was in college or high school because I am not good with guessing age...

Prolax?
Old 07-04-2003, 12:03 PM

He obviously has never seen my 4Runner.

Hmm, when you say body damage, did his door handles on the rear passenger door happen to be ripped off? If so, I know who your talking about. Theres not too many charcoal lifted ZJs around here. Most are black, but my neighbor has one on 35s w/an ARB. Cant remember if he's got a winch tho. What'd he look like?

Dave

Last edited by prolax13; 07-04-2003 at 12:07 PM.

Quick Reply: In Charlotte NC??, I got a ?