Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

cb

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2003, 08:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cb

Lookie what I got for a birthday present yesterday

The install didn't take me long. Under 2hrs to get everything wired up and looking pretty. I also had the time to install my Energy suspension sway bar bushings for the front and rear, new daystar bumpstops, a fancy antenna hood mount w/ firestik, and new steering rack bushings. What a busy day. Today I'm getting the panhard drop installed, installing the 1" body lift, and new winch cable Woooohoooooo.

Last edited by data; 10-31-2003 at 08:59 AM.
Old 10-31-2003, 10:04 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Lookin' good Data.
That's the same one Jackson has I think.

Going with synthetic winch line now are ya?
Smart move, very safe stuff.
Old 10-31-2003, 10:44 AM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Re: cb

Originally posted by data
Lookie what I got for a birthday present yesterday

The install didn't take me long. Under 2hrs to get everything wired up and looking pretty. I also had the time to install my Energy suspension sway bar bushings for the front and rear, new daystar bumpstops, a fancy antenna hood mount w/ firestik, and new steering rack bushings. What a busy day. Today I'm getting the panhard drop installed, installing the 1" body lift, and new winch cable Woooohoooooo.
Sounds like somebody hit the lotto and has been busy.

I can see you got a Cobra, but what type Cobra? Any in-dash complications or pretty straight forward? The install looks very nice and clean!

Old 10-31-2003, 01:12 PM
Contributing Member

I have the same radio. My install took a little longer due to complications behind the dash. I have too many accessories requiring wires

My radio sticks out a little farther due to the connection on the back. How did you manager to mount yours flush?
Old 10-31-2003, 01:34 PM

I purchased the Cobra 18WXSTII Weatherband CB Radio. I picked it up at a Pilot truck stop. The only problem that I had was getting it to mount flush because of the antenna connection in the back. I had to purchase a right angle adapter from radio shack. It gave me almost enough clearance. I just had to basically shove it in there. It ended up being flush. I'm really happy with the install.

Haveblue - just buy a right angle adapter and you should be able to mount it flush.