Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Cargo Liner

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 11:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cargo Liner

Does anybody know where I can get a cargo line that cover the whole cargo area with the seat folded down that ships to Canada?

Thanks
Old 07-15-2010, 11:32 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Canadian Bacon
Does anybody know where I can get a cargo line that cover the whole cargo area with the seat folded down that ships to Canada?

Thanks
First off, what kind of vehicle are we talking about?

You're going to have a hard time finding one that covers it with the seats down - I've never even seen one.

I like WeatherTech a lot.
I have their floor liners in my Tacoma and they are by far the best I've ever owned.

Fink
Old 07-15-2010, 11:56 AM

'99 4runner. I haven't seen the ones that extend the whole way, that's why I'm asking.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:58 AM
Contributing Member

'99 4runner. I haven't seen the ones that extend the whole way, that's why I'm asking.
I'm not sure they exist to be honest with you.

Fink
Old 07-15-2010, 12:14 PM

I havent seen any like you are talking about, but someone here (cant remember who) bought an extra weathertech rear cargo liner and cut the wide part off and stored it under the full sized one until he put the seats down and then he slid it out to cover the back of the seats when they were laid down.
Old 07-15-2010, 12:25 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by dougiefreshmx
I havent seen any like you are talking about, but someone here (cant remember who) bought an extra weathertech rear cargo liner and cut the wide part off and stored it under the full sized one until he put the seats down and then he slid it out to cover the back of the seats when they were laid down.
That's going to be your best option albeit the most expensive one.

Fink
Old 07-15-2010, 01:32 PM

Wouldn't the forward lip interfere, or did he cut that off? I'm basically trying to get my 3 labs in the back with a bunch of camping/hunting gear to go with them. When I only had the two dogs, they fit nicely in the cage kennel, but a 3rd is a very tight fit for road trips. Any suggestions on how to accomplish this in an effective yet not too expensive way?

What I usually do not is just fold the seats down and I have two plastic mats a put down. I then hold the forward parts of the mats down with the two feet of the dog barrier that keeps them out of the front. Problem is the rear part is still loose and parts of teh sides are exposed. It is also a pain to put in/take out.
Old 07-15-2010, 02:49 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I picked up a 2nd oem liner for free from a friend a few years back. Since I already had 1 oem liner, I took the second one and cut it in such a way that it now acts as an extension to the first when the back seats are folded down. When not in use, it simply stores under the main liner:

Fits my needs.

Last edited by Rock Slide; 07-15-2010 at 02:50 PM.
Old 07-15-2010, 02:53 PM

Thanks for the pic. Still not ideal for what I want, but it certainly is a compromise. You say OEM. Does that mean you got them from Toyota because I wasn't aware they sold them.

Thanks
Old 07-15-2010, 03:07 PM
Contributing Member

Yep, I bought mine at the dealer years ago. The one I got from my buddy was also purchased at the dealer.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:51 AM
Contributing Member

Thanks for the pic. Still not ideal for what I want, but it certainly is a compromise. You say OEM. Does that mean you got them from Toyota because I wasn't aware they sold them.

Thanks
I think this is the best you're going to get man.

I've never seen a mat that is made for the entire length of the cargo area plus the back of the seats when folded down - for any make or model.

Fink
Old 07-16-2010, 08:40 AM

Hey Canadian Bacon, How about just trying a big tarp and fold & tuck where needed.Might be a little "tacky' of an improvisation compared to an actual liner fit. but I'm like the other guys,I haven't seen a "full size" cargo mat for a 4Runner.Atleast it would save your cargo area and would cover wherever your existing cargo mat doesn't.

Last edited by Hi-Tek RedNek; 07-16-2010 at 08:42 AM.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:53 AM

Not too bad an idea. Thanks
Old 07-16-2010, 08:54 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Hi-Tek RedNek
Hey Canadian Bacon, How about just trying a big tarp and fold & tuck where needed.Might be a little "tacky' of an improvisation compared to an actual liner fit. but I'm like the other guys,I haven't seen a "full size" cargo mat for a 4Runner.Atleast it would save your cargo area and would cover wherever your existing cargo mat doesn't.
The only negative I see to this is if something spills it won't have the lip on the edge like a liner does.
It would definitely protect everything from normal wear/tear/abuse though.

You could even put some velcro strips on the back of the tarp and it would most likely grip to the carpet pretty well.

Fink
Old 07-16-2010, 08:55 AM

I would be a cheap alternative to fend off dog slop.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:15 AM

I have part of a rigid plastic desk chair mat set up in my cargo area. It was cracked in a few places from my office, so I just cut it to size and installed. The little grippers on the bottom hold it in place very securely.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:23 AM
Contributing Member

I would be a cheap alternative to fend off dog slop.
Originally Posted by pendrag
I have part of a rigid plastic desk chair mat set up in my cargo area. It was cracked in a few places from my office, so I just cut it to size and installed. The little grippers on the bottom hold it in place very securely.

Fink
Old 07-16-2010, 09:24 AM

That would probably work pretty well too. Is it large enough for the whole back area hough?
Old 07-16-2010, 09:28 AM

Here's another wild idea while we're on the subject of "tacky" improvisations.As far as a lip goes for spills,maybe this would work: go to hardware store or Wal-Mart and get ya some of those styrofoam insulated pipe sleeves people use for insulating their pipes in Winter.Their light weight,water proof, and easily cut to fit where ya need it.Lay out your plastic tarp,tuck where needed,put in your cargo mat, take some of the insulared pipe sleeves and cut for fit,lay along concerned edges where needed,then put duct tape between the gap where the insulated pipe cover meets the tarp.Tape together.That would give you an "edge" for spills or whatever. Just a thought.Might work?? Yea, I know that sounds like a "RedNeck " idea and way of doing it,but guess what........It is ! .....LoL cuz I am a "RedNek" ! Lol

Last edited by Hi-Tek RedNek; 07-16-2010 at 09:32 AM.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:30 AM

That is pretty wild, I must admit, but does have potential.

Quick Reply: Cargo Liner