Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Camber Adjustment Screw

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 08:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Camber Adjustment Screw

Let me start off by saying I know I have a pretty good camber problem. I installed a set of Tundra Springs on OME Shocks a while back and had it aligned immediatley after the install. During the alignment, the shop called me to say that they had broken the Camber Bolt in two because of the "Excess Pressure of the Longer Springs." Ever since my camber has been pretty bad. They said that they had maxed out the adjustment to bring the top of the tire back in, and that was the best they could do.

My question is this, the side that they had to replace the bolt on is the side with the most noticeable Positive Camber. Could this be due to an improper install?

I've got to figure out something. It has destroyed my tire to the point that I have no tread on the outside and as much as a 1/2 inch on the inside.

Any ideas and advice will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Ben G
Old 08-13-2010, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by bdg4512
Let me start off by saying I know I have a pretty good camber problem. I installed a set of Tundra Springs on OME Shocks a while back and had it aligned immediatley after the install. During the alignment, the shop called me to say that they had broken the Camber Bolt in two because of the "Excess Pressure of the Longer Springs." Ever since my camber has been pretty bad. They said that they had maxed out the adjustment to bring the top of the tire back in, and that was the best they could do.

My question is this, the side that they had to replace the bolt on is the side with the most noticeable Positive Camber. Could this be due to an improper install?

I've got to figure out something. It has destroyed my tire to the point that I have no tread on the outside and as much as a 1/2 inch on the inside.

Any ideas and advice will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Ben G
That is total B.S. Go after the shop for just doing crappy work. I put the Tundra lift on my truck, drove it for a few days with crappy camber and had it aligned just fine.
Old 08-15-2010, 07:11 AM

My problem is that I got the work done away from where I lived and its been a couple years since the alignment was done. So I've accepted that responsibility is now on me.

Is an improperly installed camber bolt a likely cause of such a problem though? I've searched the forums and I can't really find thing pertaining to the installation of such a bolt.
Old 08-15-2010, 10:58 AM
Contributing Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Post up some pics of the front end with close-ups of the cams and maybe we can help out.