YotaTech Forums  

Go Back   YotaTech Forums > Toyota SUV & Truck Tech > 95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Welcome to Yotatech!
Welcome to Yotatech,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-25-2010, 10:45 AM   #1
Personal Sales Rating: (0)

A/C expansion valve

Hey everyone. I just replaced my expansion valve on my 96 4runner and have everything hooked back up with a vacuum pulled. I am a hvac guy, but since I did not replace the compressor I do not know how much oil I should add to the system. I have a 1oz. Do you think that would be enough? Thank you everyone for your information.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Yotatech!
craigoryjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:29 AM   #2

If you didn't lose any oil you don't really need to add any, although adding some with dye would be a good idea. 1 oz should be fine added to the low side.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:07 PM   #3

You don't need to add any oil. If you have access to a charging scale charge the system by weight. Even though its got a expansion valve its really finicky about the charge and very easy to end up with a couple OZ too many or too little when charging with gauge/eyeball method.

FOG

Last edited by FogRunner; 07-26-2010 at 08:10 PM.
FogRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 08:07 PM
Yotatech
4WD Truck

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2001, 34, 4runner, 96, 964runner, 99, ac, expansion, exspansion, heil, hvac, located, location, replace, toyota, valve