Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

buzzing when turn signal is used?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 05:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question buzzing when turn signal is used?

I have recently acquired a buzzing sound from the rear interior of my 90 4runner whenever I use the turn signal. The signals will work 2 or 3 times accompanied by the buzzing and then the fuse for the blinkers and backup lights will blow. This all started after towing a buddy's car recently. I would assume that the towing light connectors are in the same circuit as the turn signals but what is the buzzing? and if there is a short why does it work fine a couple times adn then quit? Ideas, anecdotes? :pat:
Old 02-16-2004, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by tuquoque
I have recently acquired a buzzing sound from the rear interior of my 90 4runner whenever I use the turn signal. The signals will work 2 or 3 times accompanied by the buzzing and then the fuse for the blinkers and backup lights will blow. This all started after towing a buddy's car recently. I would assume that the towing light connectors are in the same circuit as the turn signals but what is the buzzing? and if there is a short why does it work fine a couple times adn then quit? Ideas, anecdotes? :pat:
Ive got the same problem, I dont have a solution, but Ive found, if you turn the blinker on just a little bit harder than normal...it doesnt buzz.
Old 02-16-2004, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Toyminator
Ive got the same problem, I dont have a solution, but Ive found, if you turn the blinker on just a little bit harder than normal...it doesnt buzz.

does your fuse blow? i need to fix this, i almost got in an accident today. i can't drive super defensively all the time, too much speed racer in my blood even with the 3slow.
Old 02-16-2004, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by tuquoque
does your fuse blow? i need to fix this, i almost got in an accident today. i can't drive super defensively all the time, too much speed racer in my blood even with the 3slow.
I havent blown anything yet, what i do i flip the blinker on..and it doesnt blink..just buzzes...so i flip it off and back on again real quick..that usually fixes it for the duration of the turn. Either that or i flip it on harder than usual it doesnt buzz...?.? :wtf:
Old 02-17-2004, 03:12 PM

well damn

i am going to delve into this tonight so i will let you know if i come up with a remedy. the buzzing sounds like it belongs to something else, like the chimes when you leave your lights on and open the door. i don't know waht it belongs to though.