Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Busy day- Aisin hubs, Silverstar,etc...

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2003, 05:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Busy day- Aisin hubs, Silverstar,etc...

I finally got the chance to swap my ADD hubs for manuals. I have had them for weeks, but Uncle Sam has kept me busy as of late. The swap went as easy as everyone said it would. I did find out one thing though, instead of hitting the ADD hub body to get the cone washers out, I tapped the very end of the stud, and they popped right out. You wont damage the threads if you slip if your using a brass drift. I also changed my oil for the first time since I have had it and switched to Amsoil, with filter. I did the motor flush first as directed. Changed out my head lamps to Silverstars, BIG IMPROVEMENT!!! In the process, found out I am missing one of the locking collars that holds the lamp in. And I finall removed those silly a** running boards! I couldnt stand them. I am going to try and do the antenna swap today, but its raining out right now. I have my Downey springs ready to go on, but I am waiting for my torsion bars to come in. I am also going to change shocks at the same time. Dont know which kind yet, I am leaning on Bilsteins.
Anyway, sorry for the long post. I was just happy and wanted to share. Thanks to all for the write ups that helped me out.

Mat

Ps: In case anyone who was looking, but couldnt find it, CD2 engine detailer at Autozone for $3.99
Old 04-06-2003, 06:44 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Sounds like you have had a good one on one relationship with the rig

One day I will take out my Piaa Plasma Super Whites and put in a better H4 bulb into my housings.

The darn Piaas will not blow though.
Been in there years, and I keep hearing of others having them burn out in months.

Sounds like a good battle plan getting the new coils, T bars, and shocks on soon.

Going manual hubs is the right thing to do too.
Old 04-06-2003, 07:14 AM

What torsion bars did you get? Unless you are going to put on a heavy aftermarket bumper or a winch the stock torsion bars ride very nice. Eventually I will get SAW 25 mm bars when I upgrade but I am very happy with the torsion bars set to 14.75" and the Downey HD springs.
Old 04-06-2003, 08:50 AM

Corey,

Your 4Runner is the model for things I want to do to mine. Thanks for all your work, and for your website. Oh yeah, you have a great lookin' rig.

Victor,

I got the SAW's. I figured that I might as well upgrade them as well. When I put the shocks on, I will put those on too. I do plan on getting a bumper like Corey's in the future.

Thanks- Mat
Old 04-06-2003, 12:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Busy day- Aisin hubs, Silverstar,etc...

Originally posted by EOD30
I did find out one thing though, instead of hitting the ADD hub body to get the cone washers out, I tapped the very end of the stud, and they popped right out. You wont damage the threads if you slip if your using a brass drift.
I did this with my hubs, and it works great. Definitely the thing to do, as opposed to tapping the hub body. I could tell somebody had hit the hub body before me, as it had taken a beating. So this is definitely the way to go.