Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

brakes...again

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2004, 05:43 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
brakes...again

Ok, I have been dealing with a soft pedal for a pretty long time. I have to take a trip to the mountains in NC in a couple of weeks and decided to go ahead and fix them. I have already bled them many times in the past, and couldn't seem to get the air out. So today I went and bought a new brake master cylinder (figured the o-rings and all inside had just worn out. Well, I installed it today after work. I bench bled it before putting it on the vehicle, the bled all of the brakes. Turns out there wasn't anything wrong with the master cylinder I had (still got soft brake pedal). Today I noticed that I had brake fluid leaking from my rear right tire after pumping the pedal. I figure this is probably where the air is getting into the system, but how do I fix that problem. I work on engines for a living right now, but brakes are pretty new for me. Any suggestions???

Thanks for the help.
Old 07-08-2004, 06:58 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had brake fluid leaking from my rear right tire ~ um that isnt possible

is it leakign from the lines? the bleeder? or the rear wheel cylinder? its most likely the wheel cylinder... an easy fix... most resurface the drums and put new shoes at the same time... removal of the wheel cylinder is pretty easy... then you just bleed the brakes again....