Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Bentup Bumpers

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2005, 08:40 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bentup Bumpers

Anyone running one or know someone that is?

Stupid TJM is backordered and "on the boat from australia" Dont have time to wait and it seems Bentup makes a good alternative for my tacoma
Old 01-05-2005, 09:18 PM

I'm in the same boat as GodWin

I'd really like to see some larger pix of this bumper on a 3rd gen runner

Old 01-05-2005, 09:52 PM
Contributing Member

Ive heard nothing but horror stories... but thats what I hear... I'll let someone with a little more experience let you know more. I could be wrong, and I appologise if I am, but I think the owner/guy promoting "bentup" stuff has been banned from yotatech (breezy). If i'm wrong I'll delete this post, but I'm pretty sure they are nott the best option.
Old 01-05-2005, 10:01 PM

They look nice...

They're weak... their mounting provisions are poor... and they look nice.

Did I mention that they're weak?

I know of three Taco's with these bumpers... all are satisfied w/ looks... none were satisfied w/ performance, and have since then modified them (w/ more bracing and or metal ) to suit.
Old 01-05-2005, 10:52 PM
Contributing Member

Austin,

I've heard repeatedly that Breezey was just the guy that did their website. I do remember his posts that stated, "WE are now offering such and such bumper..." but I'm not sure if that's because he was working with them or if he's just one of *those*

All I know is I associated him with Bentup in one post and promptly had 2 or 3 people quickly come to Bentup's defense and dissociate the two. I personally have not had positive customer service dealings with Bentup but that's just me.
Old 01-06-2005, 12:07 AM
Banned

survey says: 0% of yotatech members are happy with bentup bumpers....

personally i wouldnt buy a bumper by any company called bentup..... also, a company like tjm has made their name big... in that usually comes the quality, i would wait... all the tjm stuff i have seen is awesome...
Old 01-06-2005, 06:01 AM
Contributing Member

Wow - ok seems sketcy - not something to drop 500 on in that case.

What about badland bumpers compared to TJM ?

I got in an accident a while back and cant get the body work done until I get the bumper - the guys at 4x4connection have been super helpful but they say I will be lucky to get the bumper by mid-late feburary.
Old 01-06-2005, 06:07 AM

Ask WaskillyWabbit what he thinks of Badland Bumpers...
Old 01-06-2005, 06:24 AM
Contributing Member

Yeah I saw Waskilly's rig with the badland - that is a VERY sweet looking truck - I love that bumper - that thread didnt give too much info on the bumper etc.

Just wondering who else might be running them - what they paid etc
Old 01-06-2005, 06:50 AM
Contributing Member

They are two totally different bumpers.

Brian is the only guy Ive heard to have a problem with badlands. The problem is... they live on two different sides of the country.

Do a search, there should be tons of threads about them
Old 01-06-2005, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by GodwinAustin
Anyone running one or know someone that is?

Stupid TJM is backordered and "on the boat from australia" Dont have time to wait and it seems Bentup makes a good alternative for my tacoma
I know several people running Bentup bumpers. I have never heard a complaint. The bumpers I have seen are all very high quality.

I purchased my rock sliders from Bentup and they are solid as hell with beefy welds. I had no issues at all with the quality or service.

AJ builds hardcore SAS Tacomas, 4Runners, and Tundras. His equipment is regularly beaten on the Rubicon, Moab, etc.

TJM bumpers are cheap. ARB bumpers and nice but they have well documented mounting problems. Modifications are needed to the ARB mounting before you use a winch or they will tear up the frame.

I would give AJ the opportunety to comment on his products and send you some pictures of his stuff. Very few people know more about Tacomas and 4runners than AJ.

Demello Off-Road also makes several different front bumpers. Jason's work is top notch also.

Any of the quality fabricators could hook you up with a good bumper is you have $$$.

Hope you find something very nice and look forward to seeing it.

http://pic17.picturetrail.com/VOL817...5/79758440.jpg

http://pic17.picturetrail.com/VOL817...5/79758418.jpg

www.bentup.com

Last edited by calamaridog; 01-06-2005 at 08:09 AM.
Old 01-06-2005, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by turboale
Ive heard nothing but horror stories... but thats what I hear... I'll let someone with a little more experience let you know more. I could be wrong, and I appologise if I am, but I think the owner/guy promoting "bentup" stuff has been banned from yotatech (breezy). If i'm wrong I'll delete this post, but I'm pretty sure they are nott the best option.

"I could be wrong and I apoligize" for trying to ruin your hard earned reputation with rumor and conjecture? Give us some specific examples at least.
Old 01-06-2005, 08:20 AM
lee
Contributing Member

there have been several examples right here on yotatech. i know i read them, im not sure if they have been deleted or what, but i cant find them now...
Old 01-06-2005, 09:58 AM
Contributing Member

the rear bumper that i still need to put on is a bentup, and it looks good, but i'll have to do a few mods to made it rock solid when i weld it on.

AJ told me it would be 4-6 weeks, and i'd have it. It took more like 12-14 weeks! So finally when it was "ready" and finished, he sent it in pieces over 2 weeks.... and i won't even go into details about how hard it was to get him to return an E-mail.... ok, now I will admit that this was only my experience with Bentup, and they could have been really busy, and that’s why it took so long, but never once did AJ tell me otherwise. I would ask how it was going, and any updates, and pics if possible... but all i ever got were very short answers.

So until i actually get it on and try to pull my sleds up a canyon, and get some wheelin' done, it'd have to say-

Looks- great
Mounting brackets- needs some work
Customer support- sucks the big one!

Last edited by HOJU; 01-06-2005 at 10:00 AM.
Old 01-06-2005, 04:07 PM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by turboale
They are two totally different bumpers.

Brian is the only guy Ive heard to have a problem with badlands. The problem is... they live on two different sides of the country.

Do a search, there should be tons of threads about them
A minor setback I hope. I'll see how he handles fixing it before it becomes a problem...nice bumper, just lopsided. I'm putting the rear one on Saturday.

Old 01-06-2005, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by waskillywabbit
A minor setback I hope. I'll see how he handles fixing it before it becomes a problem...nice bumper, just lopsided. I'm putting the rear one on Saturday.

*cough* pictures! *cough*
Old 01-06-2005, 06:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by rockota
*cough* pictures! *cough*
I haven't had any daylight to take any yet, not of it installed. Besides, actual photographs of the lopsidedness might not be a good idea right now...I'll see what develops after talking to Jeff at Badlands. Going to put the rear on Saturday, or try, lots of painting and sanding to do...

Old 01-06-2005, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by HOJU
the rear bumper that i still need to put on is a bentup, and it looks good, but i'll have to do a few mods to made it rock solid when i weld it on.

AJ told me it would be 4-6 weeks, and i'd have it. It took more like 12-14 weeks! So finally when it was "ready" and finished, he sent it in pieces over 2 weeks.... and i won't even go into details about how hard it was to get him to return an E-mail.... ok, now I will admit that this was only my experience with Bentup, and they could have been really busy, and that’s why it took so long, but never once did AJ tell me otherwise. I would ask how it was going, and any updates, and pics if possible... but all i ever got were very short answers.

So until i actually get it on and try to pull my sleds up a canyon, and get some wheelin' done, it'd have to say-

Looks- great
Mounting brackets- needs some work
Customer support- sucks the big one!

Thank you for providing actual, real life, customer feedback. This is the sort of information that is honest and helpful to potential customers. In addition, there is factual support for your statements, not just rumor and conjecture.

I love hearing feedback like this about various fabricators and suppliers which I may do business with. It allows me to make an educated decision before spending my hard earned money.
Old 01-06-2005, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by waskillywabbit
I haven't had any daylight to take any yet, not of *it* installed.
I only care about the rear bumper...
Old 01-06-2005, 06:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by rockota
I only care about the rear bumper...
I'll see what I can do Saturday, but my time depends on the "honey-do" list that the "boss" gives me...