Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Been a while... here's my news.

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2003, 02:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Been a while... here's my news.

Well it's been a while since I've posted. Since the last time, I've done a few things. I've gotten halfway through the blue LED dash light mod (have the center part done, not the tach/odo/spedo/ part though), got new tires: 285/75/16 MTR's, for a hell of a deal too ($740 balanced and installed), and I'm about to replace the silly Hella foglights. I contacted the guy that I bought them from, he sent me a recepit, then I faxed it to Hella and they sent me out new ones. I just haven't had the time to put them in yet. And then lastly I finally found some spacers for cheap, and will be getting them next week. They're aluminum, like cornbred, but custom-made. That's my news. In other news, my buddy got a 2001 Hummer H1 today, yellow. VERY impressive. Those are definately the best babe-magnet there is. He also put a Ford 427 in a new mustang... I'm supposed to take a ride this weekend. It lifts the front f the car ff the ground if ya slam on tha gas from a stop! I'm excited! And then lastly, I'm going to Spain next week for 10 days. Excited about that too! That's all for today. I'm out.

Zach
Old 07-08-2003, 02:19 PM
Contributing Member

An H1! Now that sounds like fun. Good friend to have with all the cool toys he has. Whacha gonna be doing in Spain? Vacation? I've heard many great things about Spain. Have fun, take pictures to make us jealous.
Old 07-08-2003, 02:23 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Curios why you are replacing your fogs??

I noticed my right fog is completed correded but still works, I was wondering if you had the same problem or something else... Ive had nothing but bad luck with my set, poor quality..
Old 07-08-2003, 03:50 PM

Yep

Yep, you said it. Mine have corroded past the point of working order. The passenger side fog lamp does not come on at all. The driver's side does sometimes, but there is still visible corrosion and water inside all the time. I think I'm going to try and prevent that from happening with this set. Mine were still under the 1 year warranty so they sent me 2 new lamps for free. They're poorly made is what it is. Water gets tossed up and then it gets under the rubber gromet and seeps in, ruining them... Poor quality? Yeah. Hella is a good company though and actually tried to fix it, but Toyota turned down their little mod to fix it. Makes a lot of sense... So anyways the thing was never mass produced an it came to nothing.

Zach

Originally posted by kctopher
Curios why you are replacing your fogs??

I noticed my right fog is completed correded but still works, I was wondering if you had the same problem or something else... Ive had nothing but bad luck with my set, poor quality..