Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Baja Bumpers front bumper.

Old 08-02-2009, 05:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Baja Bumpers front bumper.

Hi, I just got a 98 4X4 Taco. I do want new bumpers for it. I was looking at the Baja Bumpers front and rear. Anyone have one? Do they install/fit good? I saw that the All Pro one requires welding for 98-00. The Baja one says bolt on. I want a bolt on as I dont weld or know anyone that does. I am not getting a winch so I dont want a winch bumper. So, if anyone has one let me know how you like it and if possible, please post a pic. Thanks.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:57 AM

no one here has a Baja Bumper? i looked on ttora too and only one person had one there that i could find with a search (i learned not to ask questions there often). hmmm.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:02 AM

Received 120 Likes on 59 Posts
Yes, Our stlye in 98-00 has to be cut off at the ends and have caps welded on, Not something I want to do to tell you the troof.

I have heard the baja's are great bumper, and there's more then a few that have them on the older style pickups.

Although, 4xinnovations has a tube style bumper that doesnt require cutting or welding, and I have heard great things about that bumper. I have their sliders and they are great.

Hope this helps.

Old 08-05-2009, 08:30 AM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://bajabumpers.com/gallery/

http://bajabumpers.com/

This what you talking about? I don't have them personally but had it in my pre runner favorite folder.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:28 AM

yes, those are them. I just emailed Doug at Baja Bumpers and he said that they are "bolt on" and they require no cutting or welding. I think that is the bumper I will be getting. It looks bad ass. I will not ever be getting a winch so thats another reason I like it as opposed to the others ive seen.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:53 AM
totally a bro
Staff

Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts
they dont look lke they are legal for on road use. Needs to be 4" wide, not a skinny tube.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:01 AM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
March 3rd, 2009
One Piece Extended Skid Plate for 1995-2004 Tacoma/4 Runner
Our new one piece Extended Skid Plate allows you to have a single aluminum plate from the top front all the way to the first cross-member for extra radiator protection. This only works with your stock skid pan removed. This skid plate does not extend to cover the oil pan.

This skid plate will also work with your existing Baja Bumper.

Posted by Aaron D. Campbell in Products

March 3rd, 2009
Removable Spare Tire Carrier

The Removable Spare Tire Carrier allows you to have the fully functional in-bed spinner type spare tire carrier which gives you that Baja look with the functionality of being able to unbolt the carrier and remove it from the bed, letting you have the best of both worlds.

The drilling of 2 – 1/2 inch holes are required, if adding to an exsisting Baja Bumper, 2 tabs will need to be welded on.

March 3rd, 2009
Front Turn Signal Conversion Kit for 1995-2004 Tacoma/4 Runner

This kit comes with all the pieces you will need to convert the front corner lights to turn signal marker lights. Once you remove your stock front bumper you will no longer have front turn signals.

Follow our simple how-to instructions and you will be done in less than 30 minutes. You will need a die grinder or something to enlarge the hole in the plastic light.

Check it out in our “How-to” section.

June 13th, 2007
Rear Bumper for Tacoma 1995 – 2004
The Baja Bumpers Tacoma rear tube bumper will fit all 1995-2004 2×4, 4×4, or PreRunner Tacomas. It is available with or without a receiver hitch, and also has an available removable spare tire carrier. As with all our products, this bumper is a fully functional off-road bumper meant to withstand the rigors of the true off-roader, and can be installed in under an hour with only hand tools (no cutting or welding required).

The rear bumper is designed to protect the body from the rear, as well as add functionality. This bumper is made from all new materials, MIG welded, and includes a license plate light/mount. All the round tubing is 1 5/8″ x .120 wall, and the rectangular tubing is 1″ x 2″ x.120 wall, all mild steel (HREW). It is designed to give you that tough custom look, with a 30 minute*, bolt on, no drilling installation.

This bumper is for off-road use, is not DOT approved, and like all off-road equipment, you use it at your own risk.

*Time estimate not including wiring for lights

Posted by Aaron D. Campbell in Products, Tube Bumpers

June 13th, 2007
Front Bumper for Tacoma/4Runner 1995 – 2004

The Baja Bumpers Tacoma/4Runner front tube bumper will fit all 1995-2004 2×4, 4×4, or PreRunner Tacomas, as well as 4Runners. This bumper is not just for looks, it is a fully functional off-road bumper meant to withstand the rigors of the true off-roader, and can be installed in under an hour with only hand tools (no cutting or welding required).

The front bumper is designed for frontal protection from rocks, brush, and debris, and extends 4″ below the frame to protect the radiator as well. It is available with either two light tabs and the light guard bar or three light tabs and no bar (this will accommodate the 8″ or 9″ lights, without blocking the stock headlights). All the tubing is 1 5/8″ x .120 wall mild steel (HREW). The front skid plate is 1/8″ aluminum plate and is included with the front bumper. The bumper mounts to the bottom of the frame with four bolts, and to the core support with two bolts, using all your original hardware. These baja bumpers are designed to give you that “Don’t mess with me” look you want, with the 30 minute*, bolt on, no drilling installation you need.

You will need to add front turn signals, check out our turn signal conversion kit, as they are mounted in the stock bumper. This bumper is for off-road use, is not DOT approved, and like all off-road equipment, you use it at your own risk.

*Time estimate not including wiring for lights

Posted by Aaron D. Campbell in Products, Tube Bumpers

This is on there page and yes they are NOT DOT legal. I was checking to see if that is what he is looking for, don't know his applications use.