Anybody got a supercharged V8?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2003, 05:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anybody got a supercharged V8?

How is it? Just wondering...
Old 07-09-2003, 06:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I ordered the SC, it got lost cause they sent it to my house so the guys at the Post Office stole it like usual along with my sneakers and boots, and T-Max RC truck and anything else that goes to the PO Box, so they sent another one UPS and I got that and as of right now it is sitting in my room cause the only certified TRD techs at the 1 TRD authorized dealer don't want to install it cause I did not buy it from them:cry: some crap about it not being from them it will not be covered by warranty and they will not want to work on it, I think they just want me to spend 5700 for the freakin SC, and then 100 bucks hour labor, I don't know how long a job it is so I can't say what the actual total is, the service writer said maybe 6500 in the end but he was not certain.

Freakin BS, but Im stayin cool cause I actually like this dealer the people their don't know ˟˟˟˟ though, several guys told me that I had to purchase the hood with the scoop cause the regular hood does not have enough clearance yeah like Im gonna believe some fat salesman who sit and eats donuts all day and convinced everybody he's the SC wizard and he has never seen an SC but he reads about them, he did not know half the stuff I read off Gadgets site:pat: yeah but he know everything.

TRD also sent me a TRD replacement airfilter but my dealer sells them seperate what BS, at least the Borla Dual exhaust should not be such a hassel and the headers when they come out will probably be the same thing, I'd put the stuff on myself but the warranty plus I bought an extended warranty for 800 bucks.
Old 07-10-2003, 12:58 AM
Contributing Member

I would let TRD know that they are refusing to install the S/C. I am sure that TRD wouldn't be too happy about that.

Dan
Old 07-10-2003, 05:51 AM

I was thinking about getting it but I am out of town for 2 months on business without my 4runner...

I called my local dealership, and they said they would install it if I brought it in... $350 flat fee.
Old 07-10-2003, 11:16 AM

Man you got to be kidding me, my dealer is giving me the run around, I have spoke with TRD and they said all would be fine, my dealer is

Im just looking into a few things before I actually go ahead and have it done and maybe if Im lucky I'll get the Borla exhaust but I wanna see the difference between the SC and stoke exhaust and with the Borla cause a Tundra owner told me with the SC and stock the SC did not seem to whirl and kick in as much but with the Borla the SC was kicking in constantly cause of the more free flowing.

I'll work things out, right now Im just looking to drive a Tundra with an SC just to get a slight comparision cause soon as the SC goes on they will not take it back not that I would send it back
Old 07-10-2003, 01:23 PM

Blown V-8

Hey edge and others-

All in all, the exhuast is not going to have that much of an impact on the performance gains from the supercharger. I'm with the rest of you though...$3900 on the net for the charger and about $500 @ my dealership to install it with a full factory warranty. I did the same thing with my V-6 Tacoma in 99' (brought in a TRD blower and payed around $500 for the install). I know you are all much too smart to buy from the dealership anyway. I am definitely curious about any and all exhaust options people have tried with the 4th gens. As soon as I get my 10W7's in, the supercharger is on its way, along with an exhaust swap for dual high flow cats and pipe out the rear...I removed my rear tow hook on the drivers side and though I may have to make an extra bend or two in the exhaust, I will have 2 pipes running out the back. BTW, anyone know the exact HP and TQ numbers after the supercharger is installed??? I was thinking HP from 235 to 340 and TQ from 320 to 450??? Let me know. Good luck and thanks all.

Billy
Old 07-10-2003, 03:01 PM

Hey, my father just had his new Sequoia supercharged. Iwon't get into prices for the install, it was the first one this dealership did and I am sure they overcharged, since we got the S/C discounted when we bought the Sequoia. Anyways, the TRD exhaust is really just perfect. The sound is right on, never too loud. And the S/C you ask? The engine itself is still breaking in as well as accepting the new computer that went in with the S/C. TRD tells us that the power will become stronger as things get to know each other. Oh yeah, the numbers, for those of you who don't know, 100 Hp and 100 ft-lbs of torque. Can't wait to tow!

C
Old 07-10-2003, 04:53 PM

Edge,
Man, I would call Toyota and raise cane... Two questions, you gotta use 93 with the SC ? $800 for a Toyota extended warranty ? What sort of coverage.... Warranty Direct will give me a bumper to bumper, 100k miles and 6yrs for $1000.
Old 07-10-2003, 05:06 PM

well i wish they had supercharger for the v6 but not yet, ill have to wait and see. After 2 pay checks (so two weeks) im gonna get myself a dual rear exhuast. Cant wait, only if i could find new taillights for under 500(jdm taillights) I would be really happy.

Chris
Old 07-10-2003, 05:36 PM

I want a new exaust... But, I know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy that owns a couple of shops in town that carry Magana-flow (?) and Borla, he swears that the magna-flow is a better set up... So now I am totally screwed on what to do.
Old 07-10-2003, 05:52 PM

Originally posted by JGage
Edge,
Man, I would call Toyota and raise cane... Two questions, you gotta use 93 with the SC ? $800 for a Toyota extended warranty ? What sort of coverage.... Warranty Direct will give me a bumper to bumper, 100k miles and 6yrs for $1000.
I originally got the extended warranty through Toyota, when I was sitting in the office I said what the hell, it is a 6 year 60k bumper to bumper everything is covered, could have got a 100k 7 years but I don't think Im gonna put that many miles on it.

I leased the truck so I did not want to deal with any big money issues and 800 bucks was nothin for peace of mind and if the truck every brakes down I can call my tow guy he will come get it and Toy will repay me.

93 is a must for the SC but right now im uncertain if I want the SC cause I just test drove an M3 and Im thinking about getting one and just going crazy with it, leaving the 4Runner as a stock vehicle
Old 07-10-2003, 06:17 PM

Thumbs up

M3...

Oh, @#$% you Edge ! <G>
Old 07-11-2003, 08:59 AM

Originally posted by JGage
M3...

Oh, @#$% you Edge ! <G>
Oh I can feel the love
Old 07-11-2003, 09:27 AM

Jelous... I was going to buy one once and have it shipped from Germany (I had a friend living there, it was a REALLY good deal.) I called my insurance company and they were laughing at me :-(
I'll still get one someday... Friend just bought a 540 and it is REALLY nice.
Old 07-11-2003, 09:44 AM

nocomment

Last edited by Dude; 07-11-2003 at 06:47 PM.
Old 07-11-2003, 12:53 PM

Sweet... I love the new ones... I needed to be able to go down unimproved roads, not something I wanted to do it an M3 <G>

Great color.
Old 07-11-2003, 04:07 PM
Contributing Member

Well, this was a helluva thread hi-jacking. From Phong's original question about who has a S/C V8 to guys posting pics of BMWs.
Old 07-11-2003, 04:13 PM

Originally posted by Bighead
Well, this was a helluva thread hi-jacking. From Phong's original question about who has a S/C V8 to guys posting pics of BMWs.
Hehehe, I was going to say something but I kind of expected it from YotaTech... Not saying it's a good thing or bad, but thanks for playing 'badcop' for me

Did your rear bumper fall off yet?
Old 07-11-2003, 05:38 PM
Contributing Member

Just trying to help.

To continue the hi-jacking ( ) I haven't even picked it up yet . It is still sitting at Rockware. Hopefully Matt hasn't sold it yet. I planned on getting it last month but events at work and rear diff problems kept me from getting out there. I will be heading out there at the end of the month (primarily a vacation out west with the wife) to get it installed. Apparently my bumper's twin, Darren's, is holding up well.

Are you still looking for someone to build yours?
Old 07-12-2003, 10:03 AM

JGage
The new 3Series are sweet, I don't know why everyone cries when BMW changes a freakin design, do they think where suppost to drive the same square boxes for the next 50 years, anyways I really started lovin BMW when I dated this girl who's father owned a BMW dealership, talk about people who wipe their azz with hundreds:cry: not them the customers, damn I never saw people with 100k 7Series and treat them like garbage:cry: but the bright side of that was my girlfriend at the time drove a new M3 for 6months then got a new one her sister drove a 330xi and the brother drove a X5 4.6is that was what I was actually gonna get before the 4Runner but I decided against it, could have got it for the same price

It funny how so many people drive 323 or 325 and think their the shiz, to me the car is all about the motor and I along with all the techs in the shop and just about everyone who works their thinks BMW should not make the cars with the smaller engines

Lets see if all goes right and it looks to be heading in that direction I'll have my M3, Im gonna pay cash for an S600 and buy 2 condos to start with

Oh Yeah the 4Runner eventually the SC will go on but I might wait till 10k and then switch to Synthetic Mobil 1 just want my engine fully broken in before I start thrashing it more, that and I want all the performance mods I can get

Dude
I thought you posted a pic of an M3, said you traded it for the 4Runner cause of the child on the way, that was a sweet looking car, Im gonna get it in either Black or Silver

Quick Reply: Anybody got a supercharged V8?