Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Any suspension lift kits for 2003 yet?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2003, 06:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any suspension lift kits for 2003 yet?

I am looking at 2003's, and would be interested in lifting soon. Does anyone have any info on a quality 2-3 inch suspension lift for 4th gen yet?

Also, any front bumpers out for 2003?

Thanks...
Old 04-23-2003, 08:48 AM
Contributing Member

Hannerhan:

Sorry but currently nobody is selling any lift kits for the 03 4runners .

Daystar already has a prototype on a member on another board and they are doing final testing but that's all I know from Daystar.

I'm working with Downey (front/rear coil/shock, v8 headers, v8 intake kit) and King Shocks (front coilover and maybe some cool setup for the rears - still pending). But both of these companies are still in the r&d part so I would say don't expect anything from them yet until summer time. When it gets closer I"ll let all the 03 owners know of how the process is going.

Sway-A-Way supposedly is working on their coilover (heard from King - that's the only reason why they're doing it too, good for me though hehe). SAW's are also pending as well...

OME are suppose to be making lots of stuff (suspension/bumpers) only because our 03's are the same spec as the prado series found in other parts of the world. And since OME makes prado specific parts, we'll be sure to see those come our way too

Hopefully by summertime, all of these goodies will be rolling out soon. I'd say expect lift kits to be out by the end of summer.

Lance
Old 04-23-2003, 09:59 AM

Thanks Lance. I'm probably a month out on the purchase, so the timing might be good.
Old 04-23-2003, 12:53 PM

Hey Lance ! I'm over here, too !!

You got the details on the Daystar lift right ! Impressive...

Hannerhan, I have the prototype Daystar bushing lift on my Runner right now. Nothing but good stuff to say about it ! The ground clearance is definitely needed if you ever plan on taking your Runner off-road. Before the lift, I hit, rubbed, or scraped anything larger than the size of a hiking boot I drove over. After the lift, nothing, nada. In fact, I've gone over terrain I wouldn't take my previous Tundra over !

Now to the goodies. The lift is almost exactly 2" front, about 1 3/4" rear. I'm about 1/8" lower in the front now - which leveled the truck out well. Talking with Daystar, they plan on adding another 1/2" - 3/4" to the lift when they go into production. Production of the lift is currently on hold, pending Toyota's release of the new Tacoma later this year. Rumors, and spy photos, say that the new Taco will have a front end VERY similar to our Runners. One wonders if they will try stuffing a V8 in them... Wow, THAT would be a sweeeeeet truck !

Probably more info than you wanted, but hopefully it has helped...

Steve
Old 04-23-2003, 01:04 PM
Contributing Member

Steve:

I do my homework! Actually I've been working with Downey and King and they've been able to give me some insider info so this helps. This coming monday (28th), I'll be dropping by Downey to see how they are doing in their design. They told me that they're looking at 8 wks minimum for a full suspension setup so I know it'll be awhile. King on the other hand is going at the same pace as SAW so they don't lose out on any of the coilover market. As for the other mfg's, no word.

It is very unlikely that toyota will put the v8 into the tacoma. You are correct about toyota making the tacoma based on the current 03 4runner design though.

As for lift parts, expect first waves to hit mid-late summer and the rest of the manufacturers coming in by the end of the year.

But figure, we'll see more parts come thru as OME builds their prado series (same spec) and also the introduction of the new 04 tacoma.

Let's all hope for the best!!!

Lance