Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Another Update...

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2003, 05:16 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another Update...

Today there was a guy that works part time at the Toyota dealership in working on my truck and he thinks ive got big problems. I could swear my truck is louder than it normally was, but he thinks the culpret is a slightly bent rod :cry: . I turned the engine off first thing when I went into the hole, but I guess it might not have been fast enough. It would explain the extreme loss of power and the rough idle. Though one thing I did notice that at higher RPMs it was smoother (right when you crank the eingine and its on the higher idle) but when it slows down to the normal idle it gets rougher. They were going to do a compression test today, but I don't know if they got around to it today. I guess I'll hear tomorrow if this is going to be a BIIIG bill, or just a big bill... If it is a bent rod then I guess I could get some head work done while I'm in there. Oh well, more tomrrow...
Old 05-20-2003, 06:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keep the updates coming. I'm very interested in whats going on. Do you hear any knocking.? It will get louder as you rev the engine. That will tell you if you have a bent rod. Was there any water in the motor (Oil pan or on top of the pistons)?

Good Luck,
John