Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

AndyMod 2.0. ABS Remains Active.

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2012, 05:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wormhole
Bit of a disappointment but the above switch (from a 97 Camry) doesn't work with the 'Andy Mod'.

VSC and trac are off but when you turn the car off then back on to re-enable them they still stay off. You have to hold down the switch to get them to stay on but as soon as you let go of the switch they turn back off.

So I'm searching for a new switch.

Didn't some of the 2wd drive 4runners come with a 'trac off' switch?
Old 12-11-2013, 08:09 AM

Hi guys - sorry to dig up the old thread but I am so psyched I found this! Bought on 02 4runner in May and now that we are in full on winter I have almost killed myself turning left at traffic lights. I live in the CO mountains so usually lots of snow but also the main streets will dry out after a few days, so the center diff lock isn't always an option.

Thanks for all the info, I am getting ready to dive in and was going to just do the Andy Mod 2.0 but really like the sounds of the Modified Bagel method with the speed sensor switch that Beto posted here:

Originally Posted by Beto
UPDATE on my truck:

The mod as I already described it works really well, but in my case I wanted to be able to use VSC in the snow, if I wanted to. The only problem with this is the tendency for it to prevent you from moving from a stop the odd time. I added another little circuit that uses the speed input to the dash cluster to turn the VSC off when under 10 km/hr and back on again when you get over 25 km/hr. This seems to work flawlessly, and I've never had the truck try and kill me since.

Now I have a few extra switches:
1st switch is a three way:
VSC ON (like stock),
VSC OFF (Disabled completely)
VSC AUTO (turns back on at +25km/hr)

2nd switch is a two way:
TRAC OFF (turns off VSC and TRAC)
TRAC ON (like stock)
Obviously the Bagel method is more complex and I don't quite understand how you attached the speed circuit.

Also I downloaded Beto's 2 wiring diagrams, but it sounds like there was a more complete instructions pdf? Anyone know where I can get that? I can ask Beto, but thought I would post here first.

Thanks again for all this info and any additional help is appreciated!
Old 08-02-2014, 08:26 PM

Wires

What do I hook the switch up to after I cut the red wire with the tracer???? What wires do I use???
Old 08-13-2014, 10:07 AM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Scroggs_79
What do I hook the switch up to after I cut the red wire with the tracer???? What wires do I use???
Maybe you missed my 1st post...

After you cut the red wire with black tracer, you must crimp (or solder) a pair of new wires to each of the cut ends to extend the wiring up to your dash mounted switch.
Old 11-06-2014, 08:17 AM

4 years late

4 years late and probably a dumb question, but this disables the TRAC also right?
Thanks all
Old 11-06-2014, 11:48 AM
Contributing Member

Yes. This mod disables both TRAC & VSC only. ABS remains active.
Old 11-06-2014, 11:54 AM

Perfect, now I just have to figure out who stole my wire snips out of my truck. thanks much
Old 01-04-2015, 09:17 PM

few questions

So with the "Andy mod 2.0 light" does the vsc still turn off automatically when the center diff is locked? And also do you have to turn your car off to put everything back to normal after flipping the switch.
Again this is for the "Andy mod 2.0 light" done by rockslide I believe. Not the more difficult Andy mod 2.0
Old 01-05-2015, 05:15 AM

Yes, you are correct. VSC will still act normally (like factory) when mod is inactive, also key off-on cycle is required to reenable anytime you've killed TRAC.

Originally Posted by kakendric
So with the "Andy mod 2.0 light" does the vsc still turn off automatically when the center diff is locked? And also do you have to turn your car off to put everything back to normal after flipping the switch.
Again this is for the "Andy mod 2.0 light" done by rockslide I believe. Not the more difficult Andy mod 2.0
Old 02-01-2015, 10:58 PM

if this thread is still alive.

So I did this mod (Andy mod 2.0 light) Yesterday because I hate not being able to rip it up in only 2 wheel drive. I still have some concerns. I used a 3 prong switch that has - power, load, and ground connector pins on the back. I connected the wires to the power and ground (is this correct ) Anyways everything works but my concern is whether this will be okay and I won't fry my computer or cause any major damage. And if it matters what switch you use. I used a 2 way (on, off)
I was very hesitant to cut any wires down there at first but after testing this out its definitely worth it. Especially since it took me all of ten minutes
Old 03-11-2015, 01:09 AM

Just recently got a 2002 4runner and whenever driving thr vsc off and trac off lightsare on. Will this mod correct the light because I am now manualy turning it on. If not what can I do to remedy the lights always being on.
Old 06-30-2016, 09:22 AM

Abs is always on now

Hey I just did this mod and I cut the v18 #3 it was a red wire with a black tracer just like it said and now no matter if the switch is on of off the only lights that pop up are abs and brake lights and the traction control is always off, idk if anyone can help I'd participate that so much thanks guys
Old 08-23-2016, 06:27 AM

If I may, I would like to add my photos to the mix which are located at https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f131...estion-294542/
I am ecstatic that I have finally been able to do away with the "Please Don't Kill Me" feature (I love that description I think Beto came up with) after all of these years. The Andy 2.0 is just fine for me although I think the Bagel Mod is quite ingenious. Thanks to everyone involved.
Old 12-07-2016, 06:41 PM

Momentary switch?

I know this thread is long dead, but there's such a need for this mod (VSC and TRAC sucks on my wife's T4R), so I'm posting to it for posterity. It's my wife's car, she doesn't mind VSC and TRAC, and it regularly almost kills me. I'm sure that I'll turn it off when I drive it, then my wife will get in it and be pissed off at me when she has to toggle the switch and then restart her car. My thinking is that (since it requires a restart to re-enable the traction control), I can install a momentary switch that defaults to closed circuit and then opens when you press it. I'm thinking if you push it in and hold it, it'll disconnect that circuit long enough to kill the VSC and TRAC and then when my wife goes to drive it, it'll be stock again. Ordered the switch, I'll update this thread when I get it done (shouldn't be more than a week or so).
Old 12-08-2016, 02:57 AM
Contributing Member

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by liftedorlowered
I know this thread is long dead, but there's such a need for this mod (VSC and TRAC sucks on my wife's T4R), so I'm posting to it for posterity. It's my wife's car, she doesn't mind VSC and TRAC, and it regularly almost kills me. I'm sure that I'll turn it off when I drive it, then my wife will get in it and be pissed off at me when she has to toggle the switch and then restart her car. My thinking is that (since it requires a restart to re-enable the traction control), I can install a momentary switch that defaults to closed circuit and then opens when you press it. I'm thinking if you push it in and hold it, it'll disconnect that circuit long enough to kill the VSC and TRAC and then when my wife goes to drive it, it'll be stock again. Ordered the switch, I'll update this thread when I get it done (shouldn't be more than a week or so).
That will work. As soon as the lights come on, release the switch and go about your merry way.

Andreas (the Andy in AndyMod)
Old 08-02-2017, 12:35 PM

Looking for OP's pictures

The pictures from the 1st post in this thread are no longer displaying, did anyone save the pictures so I could take a look just to double check? Thanks
Old 08-02-2017, 12:54 PM
Contributing Member

I still have them. Photobucket has changed their policy on 3rd party hosting. They want me to pay $30/mo to keep my photos active on websites...I refuse to do that, so they disabled the feature.

I saw you're IM, but not sure how soon I'll be able to get them to you or back online.
Old 08-02-2017, 01:36 PM

I can send you my email and whenever you get around to doing it works for me. Thank you, I appreciate it. IM incoming.
Old 09-07-2019, 03:18 PM

Just now discovered this thread, and I'm ecstatic about the idea of the AndyMod/BagelMod. Before I dig further, will either method work on a 2001 Limited 4Runner, V6, 4x4? TIA
Old 09-07-2019, 03:21 PM
Contributing Member

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by iknownothing
Just now discovered this thread, and I'm ecstatic about the idea of the AndyMod/BagelMod. Before I dig further, will either method work on a 2001 Limited 4Runner, V6, 4x4? TIA
I’m the ‘Andy’ behind the AndyMod. My 4Runner is a 2001 SR5 4WD auto.

Andreas

Quick Reply: AndyMod 2.0. ABS Remains Active.