Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

For All Arizona Yotatech Forum Participants!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2004, 06:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For All Arizona Yotatech Forum Participants!!!

There is a local Phoenix shop that specializes in Toyota that has expressed an interest in working with Yotatech members in obtaining parts,accessories or service on a group basis.

Ive done a good deal of business with this shop and have allways found the workmanship and customer service above par.I tend to frequent businesses that exhibit these qaulities and have allways been a supporter of small businesses versus large corporations.

I was brainstorming about a possible show and shine,toy run or some other type of function that would not only benefit this small family business,but would be beneficial to Phoenix YotaTech members and the community as well.

I NEED YOUR IDEAS!!

What I need to know,so I may convey to them,is,what accesories do you anticipate buying in the near future,what type of specials would interest you,and what type of services could be provided??

So,What type of event or specials would you like to see??
Old 12-03-2004, 07:48 AM

I'm just throwing out this idea, but how about a wrench-a-ton?
Old 12-03-2004, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by KING
I'm just throwing out this idea, but how about a wrench-a-ton?
Good idea!
Could you elaborate more?
Old 12-03-2004, 08:20 AM
Contributing Member

Crown King run?
Old 12-03-2004, 10:46 AM

Idea?

Hey Storm

What local shop are you are you talking about? Give us some ideas of stuff or service the sell or preform. As far as trail runs go I would be down for anything (almost).

Greg
Old 12-03-2004, 10:51 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by dlbrunner
Crown King run?
Again?
Old 12-03-2004, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by tallboy
Hey Storm

What local shop are you are you talking about? Give us some ideas of stuff or service the sell or preform. As far as trail runs go I would be down for anything (almost).

Greg
Greg,
the shop specializes in Toyota and does some other import work as well.Its not a 4x4 shop so they arent set up to do gears and lockers and such.Just about any other service is available from light installs,gauges,and any type of motor or gearbox work you might need.

This was just a brainstorm in an attempt to try and put something together that would benefit all involved and possibly be a help to the less fortunate.Nothing is cast in stone yet as this is an exploratory post to see if its even feasible.

I was thinking along the lines of possibly a show and shine,raffle,poker run,possibly include some prizes for any type of competition????

Last edited by AzStorm; 12-03-2004 at 10:53 AM.
Old 12-03-2004, 10:56 AM
Contributing Member

3rd gen rear bumpers tend to sell well...

Cheap-er sliders are in pretty good demand also... I couldn't even start to think of spending $200+ on something thats just going to get scratched/dinged etc... and then on top of that pay shipping! but thats just me...

I think an on board air kit would be cool and could sell. With everything you need to have OBA and have the compressor be optional.

The thing with group buys is that it all depends on timing... Back when mike did the group buy on TJMs almost nobody had them, now TJMs and ARBs are almost becoming common (on this board). It also depends on when people have money and are willing to spend it. Almost half your replys to a group buy will be, aww sweet I'd do it if I had the money. or if you wait a month etc. I think what I'm trying to say is that if it doesn't work the first time, keep trying. You will get a bite...

another thing...
Hype it up... espcially if what your trying to sell is expensive. Tell people in advance so they can plan ahead for this purchase.

Last edited by turboale; 12-03-2004 at 11:01 AM.
Old 12-03-2004, 10:58 AM

bikini contest!!! cuz you know it gets hot in az -_-
Old 12-03-2004, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by AznSky
bikini contest!!! cuz you know it gets hot in az -_-
Hell, I might even drive down for that!
Old 12-03-2004, 02:49 PM

New guy here with a new to me Toy- What is the name of this shop? I do most of my own work, but if I run across a stumper, I would like a reputrable place that knows Toy's to go to. Thanks!
Old 12-03-2004, 02:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A little more info about the shop would be cool. I have a buddy who has been my regular mechanic for my 4Runner and he goes waaaaay above and beyond for servicing my ride. The onlt disadvange for me is he's quite a drive from where I currently live, so any other mechanic that's closer might get my business if convenience is paramount.

My mods are finally nearing completion (still need sliders and that sweet rear bumper from Steve). I have the 3.slow running strong and smooth for the first time a over a year, and the off-road capabilities have only been through a little testing. I wouldn't mind getting together with some of you knuckle-draggers for an outting if you get this thing together.

Ed
Old 12-03-2004, 05:40 PM

For some reason, I stuck to the thought that this was Vern's shop you were talking about - Steve's bud.

Either way, a wrench-a-ton is where you gather a group of folks into a shop and use the shops tools and each other to work or tune engines and the like.
Old 12-04-2004, 08:44 AM

For some reason, I stuck to the thought that this was Vern's shop you were talking about - Steve's bud.

Either way, a wrench-a-ton is where you gather a group of folks into a shop and use the shops tools and each other to work or tune engines and the like.
Its a good idea but I think it would present too much of a liabillity issue.
Old 01-03-2005, 07:29 AM
Contributing Member

Vern has some meth problems, we have parted ways back in May of 2004 after he lit the FJ-62 on fire.
Old 01-03-2005, 09:23 AM
lee
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by ChickenLover
Hell, I might even drive down for that!
ditto!
Old 01-03-2005, 09:52 AM

Location: Grew up in Santa Clarita/San Fernando Valley's...now in Washington State
Steve,this Vern dude set your FJ-62 on fire and he still breathes? I'd woulda lit him up like last years christmas tree fire If that happened to me.

And w/anything having to do w/AZ women and bikini's I'll make the run from SoCal with some of the boys. I should've never sold the property I had at the base of the 'stition mountains. Now have resumed kicking myself the a$$ agian.....
Old 01-03-2005, 10:10 AM
Contributing Member

It was a very large engine fire and I can not believe that the thing was not completley destroyed. Melted some wireing covers and destroyed the hood liner in the end.

I took the high road and lost the guy and bought a new hood liner.

I cut my loses and moved on. I fiound a new guy and he is much much better, Mike Theil.
Old 01-03-2005, 10:23 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by sschaefer3
It was a very large engine fire and I can not believe that the thing was not completley destroyed. Melted some wireing covers and destroyed the hood liner in the end.

I cut my loses and moved on. I fiound a new guy and he is much much better, Mike Theil.
Wow...I have not heard that story before. I would never have known by looking at the FJ in Moab.
Old 01-03-2005, 10:36 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by sschaefer3

Now that is quite the story! I would have never guessed that would have happened.
good to know you found someone better, Vern was agood dude. But i guess not too good of a dude if he set the 62 on fire.

Quick Reply: For All Arizona Yotatech Forum Participants!!!