Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

AHHHH!!!!!! I wanna slow down!!!!

Old 11-04-2004, 12:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry AHHHH!!!!!! I wanna slow down!!!!

Ok... wow... Crazy shizzle.... So today 'round lunch, Iam driving back from Wendy's and there's two lanes going my way. There's a Porsche Boxter 'S' in front of me and a minivan right next to it..... BOTH going like at least 10 km/h below the speed limit. Iam like, WTF? I mean come on, you've got a Porsche. So anyways, finally the Boxter goes into the other lane and Iam kinda bothered now so I speed a little faster than normal to pass the both of them. Well next thing I know, Iam redline'n the beast AFTER I took my foot of the gas. WTF!!!!!???? AHHH!!!! Lean on the brakes, still accelerating , going round a corner, hafta pass another vehicle (instead of hitting him) Get a chance to look down and realize that my floor mat was keeping the gas pedal down. Ok, move it, slow down and catch my breath. Mind you, this only took place within 10 seconds, but holy #$@% I nearly crapped myself.
Anyways, just wanted to vent.
Cheers, Lee Hathaway
Old 11-04-2004, 12:23 PM
Contributing Member

I have had that happen a couple of times in my 1978 F-250.. You think its scary in a Toyota try doing it in a 3/4 ton truck with a 400 V8.

Glad you didn't get in an accident!
Old 11-04-2004, 12:30 PM

Dude..it could have been worse..you could have been driving a 95 4runner with a 3.slow and a auto trans...I teell ya i couldnt pass a turtle standing still!!

Originally Posted by 4Runner 4Play
Ok... wow... Crazy shizzle.... So today 'round lunch, Iam driving back from Wendy's and there's two lanes going my way. There's a Porsche Boxter 'S' in front of me and a minivan right next to it..... BOTH going like at least 10 km/h below the speed limit. Iam like, WTF? I mean come on, you've got a Porsche. So anyways, finally the Boxter goes into the other lane and Iam kinda bothered now so I speed a little faster than normal to pass the both of them. Well next thing I know, Iam redline'n the beast AFTER I took my foot of the gas. WTF!!!!!???? AHHH!!!! Lean on the brakes, still accelerating , going round a corner, hafta pass another vehicle (instead of hitting him) Get a chance to look down and realize that my floor mat was keeping the gas pedal down. Ok, move it, slow down and catch my breath. Mind you, this only took place within 10 seconds, but holy #$@% I nearly crapped myself.
Anyways, just wanted to vent.
Cheers, Lee Hathaway
Old 11-04-2004, 12:33 PM
lee
Contributing Member

hes driving a 93 with the 3.0....
Old 11-04-2004, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by tog2
Dude..it could have been worse..you could have been driving a 95 4runner with a 3.slow and a auto trans...I teell ya i couldnt pass a turtle standing still!!
that made my day
Old 11-04-2004, 12:49 PM

Talking

Well I've recently installed a reman. 3.0 engine with near perfect compression and I always drive with the ECT button on. So I belive that I've got so nice numbers.(for a 3.0) Iam very happy with the performance and acceleration, especially with the fact of living up the the great white north. I mean I havta watch out for polar bears and wondering moose that roam the streets so I have to have the acceleration to be able to swerve outta the way!! Just the other night me and my freind, Unnucktuck finished building the new igloo and realized that we had no muk-tuk left to eat so we went to the store (uphill both ways with 20' snow drifts) and we almost hit a bear that was drinking a pepsi. Sorry, my mind just kinda wandered there, kinda like the moose. Oh well.
Cheers, Lee Hathaway
Old 11-04-2004, 01:32 PM
Contributing Member

Exclamation Ha, I can top that one once again!

2 weeks after my 16th Bday, I had the Hyundai Excel that I had bought from a relative that had 34,000 miles lovely red POS. I left the high school parking lot and was heading to work as usual, popped a blind hill to find a long line of stopped school busses and cars waiting for a freight train, I mashed my brakes and there was a freaking coke bottle that rolled under my pedal! Before I could react I planted the front of my car into the rear of a Dodge Shadow! Totaled both, my front bumper ended up almost in the back seat! So it could have been worse! ALOT worse! <-Hyundai Excel hahaha I cant beleive I bought one of those things!~
Old 11-04-2004, 03:34 PM
Contributing Member

Cripes! It's not the cell phone talkers you have to worry about it's the floorboard clutter.
Old 11-04-2004, 03:50 PM

Well I've recently installed a reman. 3.0 engine with near perfect compression and I always drive with the ECT button on. So I belive that I've got so nice numbers.(for a 3.0) Iam very happy with the performance and acceleration, especially with the fact of living up the the great white north. I mean I havta watch out for polar bears and wondering moose that roam the streets so I have to have the acceleration to be able to swerve outta the way!! Just the other night me and my freind, Unnucktuck finished building the new igloo and realized that we had no muk-tuk left to eat so we went to the store (uphill both ways with 20' snow drifts) and we almost hit a bear that was drinking a pepsi. Sorry, my mind just kinda wandered there, kinda like the moose. Oh well.
Cheers, Lee Hathaway
in Toronto we have condo igloos
Old 11-04-2004, 10:38 PM

i thought polar bears mostly drank coke dont they?

wade
Old 11-05-2004, 05:28 AM

Try holding it back when your throttle cable sticks in heavy traffic and some idiot in a really old little Tercel cuts you off in the lefthand turn lane then stops in front of you. I almost found myself letting off the brake but turned the motor off instead

After the light turned and he had gone i started it up and held her back as i pulled into the bank parking lot, then opened the hood and shut the throttle down manuall almost all the way, then limped it the two blocks home. Then, jogged the 2 miles to the Toyota stealer for a new cable.

Last edited by ctcost; 11-05-2004 at 05:36 AM.
Old 11-05-2004, 05:34 AM

I admit my 3.slow has yet to be modified. I am thinking of getting a bigger Gerbil and an Oxygen tank...You see I live in the Cali hills east of Sacramento and there are alot of these soccer moms and morons with Blinged out Hummers squaking away on there cell phones..so I think once I get the bumper on I will utilize the battering ram factor..provided my 3.0 Gerbil and gerbil wheel can do the push...I was up in Rubicon country near Loon lake a few weeks ago..would love to see if one of those blinged Hummers could get up that far...
All in all 3.slow off the trail is a good Gerbil

Cheers, Lee Hathaway
Old 11-05-2004, 06:40 AM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cheers, Lee Hathaway

but I think a bit too subtle for most of our neighbours down south
Old 11-05-2004, 07:19 AM

Well subtle? Yeah, but what can I say? My literary skills got the best of me when I was posting! lol. But no Polar Bears do not drink coke as that was only a commercial. Bears do actually prefer Pepsi as it does not leave such an after taste like Coke. That being said, I've also witnessed a coulpe of frogs drinking Budwiser, but mind you, when I tried talking to them, they were very slow talkers and only said three things so I guess thats ok. But condo Igloos? Wow man, now thats cool. I wish I could upgrade like that. Then I would have somewhere to store my snowmobile and ice fishing gear.
Cheers, Lee Hathaway