Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

90 supra seats

Old 02-23-2005, 03:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
90 supra seats

well im putten 1990 supra seats in my P/U 4x4.. but looking at the wireing...trying to decide how the hell this is all gunna go together... anybody have any experience with supra seats and custom wireing? i have all the plugs on the seat..and center console back lumbar support.

Anybody have any ideas??? help would be much apreciated!!
Old 02-23-2005, 07:05 AM

It's a little difficult to answer without a clear idea of what you're dealing with...

What year / model is your truck?
What seats (and seat features) do you already have?
What (power) features do the Supra seats have?
Old 02-23-2005, 07:26 AM

If I were you I would find the connectors that go into the plug, Heck I would get as many of the origional wires you can. (electrical fires suck)
also get the origional switches.
You might be able to find a wire diagram on a supra site,
Old 02-23-2005, 08:16 AM

Location: 100 miles offshore as much as possible, & Springfield Oregon USA
Are the switches somewhere like on the doors instead of on the seats? Or do they have an electronic "memory" feature to restore the seat positions for multiple drivers? If so, get all the harness (and module if it has one) and all the connectors and get a diagram for the Supra.

Otherwise, *most* power seats only need power and ground to the seat, everything else is in the seat and you don't need to mess with it. The wiring couldn't be simpler.
Old 02-23-2005, 11:48 AM

Ive got a 93 single cab bench seat...no power.. supra seats are 8 way power, theres 2 connectors, 1 has 3 wires, wich im asuming is the power and ground. the other has 4. wich is the lumbar support.

all controls are on the side of the seat with the exception of the lumbar support. that is in the center console of the supra.

good idea about looking at supra wireing diagram. ty guys
Old 02-23-2005, 06:50 PM

cool that this came up, im getting a seat for a little simulation thing for gran turismo and my steering wheel.

my buddy happened to get 2 supra seats from a 90 for 38 bucks
Old 02-23-2005, 07:14 PM

yeah i think these supra seats are prolly some of the best seats toyota has ever made...great for racing...and holding you in place while off-roading

they are turning out to be a little hasslsome installing them (im doing it as we speak) so far it looked like you can only bolt them down in 2 places without any major modification...and you have to cut some stuff off the bottom of the seat, but got the passenger in and secure, and it feels nice!
Old 02-23-2005, 07:35 PM

I put a pair in my 86 4runner a couple months ago. For mounting I was able to use both front factory bolt locations on each seat. In the rear I used 1.5" steel spacers and drilled new holes. For the drivers side front I had to cut out the center section of the lip between the two mounting holes for the motor housing to clear, and on the passenger side I just tweaked the spring hanger so that it didn't catch on the lip.

As for wiring, all you need is power and ground to the main connector, and I think I had to connect a seperate ground to the lumbar support adjustment switch. It wasn't bad at all, and if you need any more help I can go check wire colors for you.

Yep the seats definitely rock

Btw I mounted a supra console as well since a previous owner had done away with the console in the 4runner and put a bench seat in. There are pics of it on the for sale link in my sig.

Last edited by GTE4runner; 02-23-2005 at 07:37 PM.
Old 02-24-2005, 02:51 AM

yeah i was able to figure out the wireing between a couple fuses and an a hot/ground wire setup... i dont have all the plugs set up yet (waiting on those) but once i have the other end of the plug i can plug it straight in, and no worries...

because i have bench seats theres only 2 bolts per side; front and back.

What I did was the stock seat belts in the middle i removed. as they were almost the right place to bolt the seat down to.

supra seats have the receptical end of the seatbelt built into the seat. And they work with stock seat belts. so i used those.

supra seats have 2 pointy studs that stick down on the front of the mounting harness. i had to cut them off for the seats to sit flat. a little bending. and the seats bolted down ok.

the passenger seat only has 2 bolts holding it down and it feels very secure.
the driver side has 1 bolt holding it down in front. and in the seat belt location has the seat belt bolt and an over sized washer holding it down.

Jiga rigged...i know...but its all secure and supra comfortable! worth the 10 bucks! and a few hours of time!

Last edited by retardedspleen; 02-24-2005 at 02:54 AM.
Old 02-24-2005, 12:25 PM

Location: 100 miles offshore as much as possible, & Springfield Oregon USA
Drill through the floor and get all the bolts in, especially since the seatbelts attach to the seat. Use LARGE backing washers under the floor. Word - do it! I can attest first hand to how much torture the seat brackets (and cab floor) must endure in a collision - it's astounding.

Be safe.
Phil
Old 02-25-2005, 12:53 AM

yeah I intend to, just a little later, gotta get my hands on a drill first. And after looking at the seats in the day time, my driver side seat sits a little wrong, the floor plate where the front bracket mounts is in the way...need to pull it up, and maybe cut it so the seat fits right. I'll drill through the floor then as well.