YotaTech Forums  

Go Back   YotaTech Forums > Toyota SUV & Truck Tech > 95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Welcome to Yotatech!
Welcome to Yotatech,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-30-2005, 05:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Personal Sales Rating: (0)

86 4runner fuse panel layout and rear window problems???

i recently bought an 86 4runner. when i got it the switch to the rear window did not work by pushing the button, but the previous owner showed me that he would just pull the switch out and jump it. this was fine at first but then i decided to get a new switch. i replaced the old swith and it still did not work at the touch of a button. any info on this matter would be appreciated. also i was cleaning the interior a few days ago and i think a little bit of my liquid cleaner got insidethe swithces for the rear window. the rear wiper started to go nuts and just started wiping while the window was down. then it stopped in the middle of the wiping. so the window is stuck down and the wiper is stuck down. i tried to bypass the switch near the wiper motor to allow the window to roll up but that didnt work. i learned that there wasnt any power going to the switches so i figured it was a fuse. the problem is that i dont have the owners manual so i dont know which fuse is for what. if anyone could show me which fuse does what or which fuse controls the switches for the rear window that would be very much appreciated. thank you. i already left the window down one niight and will probably have to leave down again tonight allowing moister to get in. please post anything you know. i noticed someone else had a similar problem and someone gave them a link. well i tried that link and it didnt work.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Yotatech!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 03-30-2005, 06:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Contributing Member
Personal Sales Rating: (2)

Fuse panel layout:

http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/4R_TechI...tml#Electrical

Rear window troubleshooting:

http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/CheapTri...arWindow.shtml
Project: 4Crawler
4Crawler OffRoad - YotaTech discount code
Gettin'Off 4WD Club
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 03-30-2005, 06:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Threadstarter [OP]

i have already looked at your website and it was helpful. however is it possible that my fuse panel may be different, because the fuse slot for the taillight is not working yet the taillights still work. also what conrtols the rear window. i am not possitive that the cleaning liquid is what caused this damage that is only a guess. i tried unplugging the cables to the rear windshield wiper and it still did not work. like i said earlier there is no power going into the switches for the rear wiper or rear window.
Old 03-30-2005, 07:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Contributing Member
Personal Sales Rating: (2)

Look at the wiring diagram for the rear window. If you read it you will see that there is NO POWER to the rear window switches by design. They are switches that go to ground (i.e. 0 volts) and thus will not have power (i.e. 12V) on them. You can also find the answers to what provides power to the rear window relay and where it is located, etc. on my page. If you want I can post all the pictures and links on this thread, but it is all on the page, and what is there is more than you will find in the Factory Service Manual. How do I know that? Because the basis for the page was what was in the FSM. Over the years, more and more info has been added to the page.
Project: 4Crawler
4Crawler OffRoad - YotaTech discount code
Gettin'Off 4WD Club
Old 03-30-2005, 07:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Threadstarter [OP]

thankyou very much
Old 08-14-2012, 08:13 PM   #6 (permalink)

circut breaker

85 4runner windows went out , stopped working and from 4 crawlers pictures of the relay and jumper I thought ide try to put somthin in and push the button of the yellow breaker . And just like a breaker it started workin my windows again . I did not see anything described in any searches about this and thought I would bring it up ,thanks
Old 08-14-2012, 08:13 PM
Yotatech
4WD Truck

Paid Advertisement

Tags
1990, 1993, 4runner, 85, 86, box, crawler, diagram, fuse, location, panel, rear, toyota, troubleshoot, window, wiring