YotaTech Forums  

Go Back   YotaTech Forums > Toyota SUV & Truck Tech > 95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Welcome to Yotatech!
Welcome to Yotatech,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-19-2007, 08:05 AM   #1 (permalink)
Personal Sales Rating: (0)

Send a message via AIM to bobs01sr5
4Runner rear wiper

First of all it's useless in the winter doesn't even touch the back window and I thought that black "spoiler" was to prevent the dirt and crap from collecting on the window...newsflash doesn't work does anyone know how to replace the wiper it looks like it is riveted onto the arm which wouldn't surprise me that I have to replace the whole thing I cannot pull up any size for this wiper at V.I.P Autozone or any other car parts store

Thanks !
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Yotatech!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-19-2007, 08:39 AM   #2 (permalink)
5 Year Member

Send a message via AIM to Brtn540
I believe its a 15" wiper on the back if I'm not mistaken.

My wiper only touches like half of the time and it may have something to do with the spring at the base of it.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-19-2007, 08:48 AM   #3 (permalink)

my rear wiper touches all of the time and works great, even when squirting washer fluid on the back glass. and mine actually has two screws in it that have to be removed, then the wiper will slide off...
Centerforce Clutch
Bilstien Shocks, 265/75/16 Buckshot Mudders
Sylvania Silverstars, Hella 500s on front bumper (no longer), Orange Gauge Lights, JVC Arsenal Head Unit, Pioneer REV-Series Speakers
More mods to come...
Old 12-19-2007, 09:05 AM   #4 (permalink)

What is the best replacement for it? I did get one at autozone once to replace it buy it only does half of the wiping. I need to see how much the dealer one is.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:19 AM   #5 (permalink)

The guys @ Checker Auto Parts tell me the Trico NeoForm blades are excellent. Part # 16-170 (fronts only)

Heres a link: http://www.tricoproducts.com/brochur...cation_id=5214

My email
Old 12-19-2007, 09:25 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsudu View Post
What is the best replacement for it? I did get one at autozone once to replace it buy it only does half of the wiping. I need to see how much the dealer one is.
I did the same as you, mine worked 100% then I replaced it with a refill and it havent work that good since. I think toyota is like $20 or somewhere close. I would do toyota replacement based on my findings.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:33 AM   #7 (permalink)
Personal Sales Rating: (1)

Well in the winter time with snow and ice mine will build up and freeze where it doesn't touch the window. The rest of the time it does ok.

98 Toyota 4runner SR5 5-speed, 4-wheel drive, manual hub swap, sonoran steel lift, tundra brakes, black HIDs
89 Porsche 944
86 Porsche 951, most likely getting parted

Sappers forward!
Old 12-19-2007, 09:50 AM   #8 (permalink)

The rear window is a 13" blade. I just got a replacement blade from Autozone. Or, you can go to Toyota and get the whole wiper replacement. Did you try oiling the springs and joints to see if that alleviates the problem?
Old 12-21-2007, 06:30 AM   #9 (permalink)
Threadstarter [OP]

Send a message via AIM to bobs01sr5
The wiper actually works fine if it's not all built up with ice (duh) but the wiper is original and think it's due for a changing, I just couldn't figure out how the hell it came off but I found the two screws and if you unscrew them the wiper comes off (modern technology) it's wonderful !
The manual is HUGE but doesn't have anything pertinent in it like wiper size bulb size stuff like that...weird!
Old 12-21-2007, 06:55 AM   #10 (permalink)
Contributing Member

Send a message via MSN to Texas_Ace Send a message via Yahoo to Texas_Ace
I ust ordered a replacment blades for all mine from www.silbalde.com.

It says that teh 14" blade will work on the back so i guess i will see as soon as it comes in.

2000 Toyota 4runner Limited 3.4l V6 Auto SUPERCHARGED, Removed URD 7th & Added Coolingmist Meth injection kit, 2.0" Pulley, Doug Thorley Headers - My truck - My Youtube with lots more

All the Mods that can be done to 3rd Gens Thread

My thoughts on Gun control summed up nice:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdstud212001 View Post
Guns kill people like spoons make people fat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dare44 View Post
Im a firm believer in the saying "If you outlaw guns, only the outlaws will have them"
“Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.”
Old 12-21-2007, 08:38 AM   #11 (permalink)

I got a replacement from Sears. I had to bend the part that hold the wiper rubber to get it to work better
2007 4runner Limited 4wd
Old 12-21-2007, 08:38 AM
Yotatech
4WD Truck

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2000, 2003, 2006, 4runner, 86, autozone, clutch, fluid, magnetic, neoform, rear, relay, runner, size, washer, window, wiper