YotaTech Forums  

Go Back   YotaTech Forums > Toyota SUV & Truck Tech > 95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

Welcome to Yotatech!
Welcome to Yotatech,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-21-2004, 04:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Personal Sales Rating: (0)

22r-e cylinder head bolts?

Are the cylinder head bolts the same for a 22r and a 22re. I was looking to buy the ARP head stud kit for my 86 4runner with a 22re. Summit, jegs, and ARP only list a 22r, Ive called all three and no luck with an answer.

So my question is are they the same, has anyone used these bolts on their 22re?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Yotatech!
22RE, 5-speed, LC Street EFI head w/ cam, LC Pistons, ARP Head Studs, Downey header, Dynomax 2 1/4" full exhaust, VDO water temp guage, ASIN manual hubs, 01-03 Tacoma cd\tape radio with 10" Bazzoka, Downey 2" rear springs, GDI radiator. Back to daily driving duties

'68 Ford Mustang Fastback
Daily driver with a built 289 and a streetfighter trans.(Retired)

98 Subaru Outback

2005 Toyota Tacoma
V6, 6 speed stick, Speedway Blue

Waco93.com
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 05-21-2004, 05:23 PM   #2 (permalink)

From what I can tell, they should be interchangeable. 22r and 22re's are basically the same engines except for the induction system.

Its probably because the new 22r head bolts have now superseeded all previous 22r/22re head bolt part no's that's all.

Last edited by mikedog; 05-21-2004 at 05:25 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 05-21-2004, 06:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Threadstarter [OP]

Thats what I thought about the motors being the same except for the injection. The tech at ARP said that "some guy told him that the E in 22re meant elecronic". At this point I knew that I was on my own to figure this out.

He did tell me that the length tip to tip is 7"-250 thousanths.

How could a bolt for the old 22r superceed a bolt for the newer 22re? Shouldnt that be the other way around.
22RE, 5-speed, LC Street EFI head w/ cam, LC Pistons, ARP Head Studs, Downey header, Dynomax 2 1/4" full exhaust, VDO water temp guage, ASIN manual hubs, 01-03 Tacoma cd\tape radio with 10" Bazzoka, Downey 2" rear springs, GDI radiator. Back to daily driving duties

98 Subaru Outback

2005 Toyota Tacoma

Waco93.com
Old 05-21-2004, 06:34 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal4Running
Thats what I thought about the motors being the same except for the injection. The tech at ARP said that "some guy told him that the E in 22re meant elecronic".
Jeez! When you heard the ARP tech say that, that should've clued you in that he's probably two cans short of a six-pack and hung up. LOL!.

I mean seriously! What kind of "information" tech at a big company says something like that: "Oh, some guy told me this and that". You'd think he'd have first hand knowledge of the application you're looking for off a worksheet/computer screen or something.

I'd shoot an email over to Tim (owner) of TCR automotive. That's all he deals with is R-series Toyota engines. He has a pretty nice website and he knows his shiznit too!

Last edited by mikedog; 05-21-2004 at 06:44 PM.
Old 05-21-2004, 07:57 PM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Shane
There's only a small variation in deck height in all the 20r/22r/22rec/22rte blocks out there, the bolts/studs should fit all years.
Old 05-21-2004, 10:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
Threadstarter [OP]

Thanks, I wrote TCR and asked the same question and to also see if they sell a stud kit.

98 Subaru Outback

2005 Toyota Tacoma

Waco93.com
Old 05-22-2004, 05:26 AM   #7 (permalink)
TOR

I have looked it up on EPC and to confirm with no doubt they are the same part number for both. Let me know if you need any other clarification on your truck.

Todd "crazy parts guy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal4Running
Are the cylinder head bolts the same for a 22r and a 22re. I was looking to buy the ARP head stud kit for my 86 4runner with a 22re. Summit, jegs, and ARP only list a 22r, Ive called all three and no luck with an answer.

So my question is are they the same, has anyone used these bolts on their 22re?
97 4-Runner Limited, 1st Gen Supercharger, TRD air filter, Flo~Pro, 18" BBS wheels, 2.0 pulley, and nitrous express on the way! I am a Toyota Parts Sales rep, if anyone needs Toyota or TRD parts email me or call me!

Todd Packer
Toyota of Richardson
Parts Department
972-238-4465
800-527-2781
todd_packer@toyotaofrichardson.com
Old 05-22-2004, 07:29 AM   #8 (permalink)
Threadstarter [OP]

Thank you much everyone, I am going to order from Summit today.

98 Subaru Outback

2005 Toyota Tacoma

Waco93.com
Old 05-22-2004, 07:29 AM
Yotatech
4WD Truck

Paid Advertisement

Tags
20r, 22r, 22re, 22rte, arp, bolt, bolts, cam, cylinder, duration, head, headstuds, split, stud, studs