There's a few new pics.

http://www.toyota.com
Attached Thumbnails 2005 Tacoma on Toyota.com-photo_5-1-.jpg  
Old 10-22-2004, 11:33 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Woo hoo beat ya to it!
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f2/new-tacoma-page-toyota-com-43506/

I did the build and price and to my amazement, the long bed was only $500 more. BUT it doesn't have the "off road" package available, it only has the sport package.
Old 10-22-2004, 11:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is it just me, or does that thing look like it's lost some ground clearance?

From the website... 4x4 clearance: 9.5/9.4". I coulda sworn the older models had more.
Old 10-22-2004, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by SLC Punk
Woo hoo beat ya to it!
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43506

I did the build and price and to my amazement, the long bed was only $500 more. BUT it doesn't have the "off road" package available, it only has the sport package.
Yea... only the short bed is available with the TRD off-road kit (only way to get the locker as near as I can tell). The long bed comes with the TRD Sport package (limited slip). At least that's the case for the double cabs... not sure about other models.

FWIW... I'm taking a long bed d-cab TRD Sport (V6, auto tranny) for a few hours tomorrow - if you have any specific questions, let me know.
Old 10-22-2004, 12:34 PM
Contributing Member

I like it oveall but I am just not crazy about the fender flare look. It's allso too big for my purposes. I'm not sure if it will be as competitive as the old tocoma since it is jumping up into the highly competitive mid size market rather than the more compact market. They are trying to take on Ford and GM I supose. We will see how it works out.
Old 10-22-2004, 01:25 PM
Contributing Member

I drove this sucker again today...awesome!

Anybody notice the OEM Neoprene Seat Covers as an option? How cool is that?
Old 10-22-2004, 04:13 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by jacksonpt
FWIW... I'm taking a long bed d-cab TRD Sport (V6, auto tranny) for a few hours tomorrow - if you have any specific questions, let me know.
Which end lands first during a high speed jump?

OK then, how about listing the make/model of tire that comes with the Sport Package?
Old 10-22-2004, 04:54 PM
Contributing Member

2-speed electronically controlled transfer case

I'm disappointed that they took away the stick
Old 10-22-2004, 05:05 PM

Yea... only the short bed is available with the TRD off-road kit (only way to get the locker as near as I can tell). The long bed comes with the TRD Sport package (limited slip). At least that's the case for the double cabs... not sure about other models.
Did you go to the dealer and price one out with all the options like you were going to order ? Or have you gotten ahold of a brochure to see what options are what with what trim level?
Old 10-22-2004, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by superjoe83

I'm disappointed that they took away the stick
Too bad they don't have the center locking differential like the 4Runner's do....

Last edited by Rivalred; 10-23-2004 at 12:08 AM.
Old 10-22-2004, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by bike4miles
I like it oveall but I am just not crazy about the fender flare look. It's allso too big for my purposes. I'm not sure if it will be as competitive as the old tocoma since it is jumping up into the highly competitive mid size market rather than the more compact market. They are trying to take on Ford and GM I supose. We will see how it works out.

I think the fender flares look like the ones on a Chevy Colorado.
Old 10-23-2004, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by BT17R
Which end lands first during a high speed jump?

OK then, how about listing the make/model of tire that comes with the Sport Package?
3 out of 4 times it felt like the front hit first... the other time it felt like all 4 touched down at the same time.

Tires are Dunlop GrandTrek AT20 (rated a M+S, but now way they'd survive a northeast winter) in P265/65-17
Old 10-23-2004, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by Rivalred
Did you go to the dealer and price one out with all the options like you were going to order ? Or have you gotten ahold of a brochure to see what options are what with what trim level?
Well... I've been in close touch with the dealer for the last 2-3 weeks trying to figure out what was going to be available. Then yesterday I spent a few hours digging around on the Toyota website. The dealer told me (and the Toyota website shows the same thing), that the TRD off-road package is not available on the long bed double cabs. The tow package is easy to get on almost any model/trim level. I don't much care about anything else at this point.
Old 10-23-2004, 07:19 AM

Well... I've been in close touch with the dealer for the last 2-3 weeks trying to figure out what was going to be available. Then yesterday I spent a few hours digging around on the Toyota website. The dealer told me (and the Toyota website shows the same thing), that the TRD off-road package is not available on the long bed double cabs. The tow package is easy to get on almost any model/trim level. I don't much care about anything else at this point.
Hmm... I would not know about that? Get a brochure and run through it like you wanted to buy it and see if it is available... Also, here are the model numbers and you can tell the dealer I was this such model #, and this package:

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/deale...ma_pricing.htm

I stopped by the dealer the other night and he wrote a few things down for me... As I see on the Toyota website, when I go to build a Tacoma DC 4x4, I have only 2 options for packages. This is what they are on the website and prices:

Option Combination #A $3,695
- 50 state emissions(FE)
- OffRoad Package #1 w/Tow Hitch(OG)

Option Combination #B $3,870
- 50 state emissions(FE)
- Sport Package #1 w/Tow Hitch includes: Cruise Control,17" Aluminum Wheels w/P265/65R17 Tires,Sport 4 Way Manual Front Seats,2 115V Accessory Outlets, Limited Slip Differential And Diff Lock,Front Fog Lamps,Color-Keyed Power Outside Mirrors, Tow Hitch,Sliding Rear Window w/Privacy Glass(PT)

All for A DC Short Box.... DC Longbox they only give 1 option. Also, the PDA Brochure is not up and running yet so I can not check there.

The one I priced out was a DC 4x4 with these packages:

SR5 Package #2 (SL) -- Convenience Package #1 plus chrome grille surround and rear bumper, color-keyed front bumper and overfenders, metallic-tone instrument panel trim, leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift lever, variable intermittent windshield wipers, sun visors with sliding extensions and vanity mirror, and SR5 badging and upgraded seat fabric and driver’s seat with lumbar support (4-cylinder models)

SR5 Package #3 (SN) -- SR5 Package #2 plus fog lamps (V6 models)

Convenience Package #1 (CP) -- power windows/door locks/outside mirrors, remote keyless entry system, cruise control and sliding rear window with privacy glass

Steel Styled Rims also.

MSRP was $26,460 I believe...... I think floor mats were in there also for $130.00

Yup, no skip plates of off road suspension or limited slip....
Old 10-23-2004, 06:29 PM

f@cking ugly as hell!!!! what is toyota thinking? It's now official...... Toyota has killed their last vehicle that looks good. The MK4 supra is gone. Now the tacoma is gone and replaced with this HIDEOUS thing. Their whole line of vehicles now suck (as far as looks go) . Tundra.....UGLY Highlander....Uglier Seqoia....... Big ass Ugly camry.......whatever, ugly. Ugly ugly ugly. Toyota YOU SUCK!!!!!
Old 10-23-2004, 06:58 PM
Contributing Member

woah....
Old 10-23-2004, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by n8james
f@cking ugly as hell!!!! what is toyota thinking? It's now official...... Toyota has killed their last vehicle that looks good. The MK4 supra is gone. Now the tacoma is gone and replaced with this HIDEOUS thing. Their whole line of vehicles now suck (as far as looks go) . Tundra.....UGLY Highlander....Uglier Seqoia....... Big ass Ugly camry.......whatever, ugly. Ugly ugly ugly. Toyota YOU SUCK!!!!!
Dang dude......Don't hold anything back! Tell us how you really feel. I for one am excited to see the DC Long bed. Limited options however as all have pointed out...
Old 07-12-2007, 09:10 AM

hey everyone i just moved out here from california and sold my 97 stock explorer and just got me a 05' tacoma 4x4 manual. thers no trd on it so it doesn't have all the chunky gear but i was wondering im looking to get at least 2 inches on my truck w/o having to do a body lift could anyone help me out? im looking for a cheap solid way to go to im not made out of money haha feel free to message me im all ears
Old 07-12-2007, 09:19 AM

This thread is 3 years old. Try searching. If you come up with nothing then make a thread in the Off-Road Tech Section
Old 07-12-2007, 09:34 AM
Contributing Member

This may be a record for oldest thread resurrected...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2005 Tacoma on Toyota.com