Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

1" RB Body Lift Writeup!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2003, 05:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1" RB Body Lift Writeup!

For those interested in the details of how to install a Roger Brown 1" Body lift go to my new site (under development) here: www.toyota-4runners.com/body-lift.html

Chris

P.S. I'm transfering everything over from my recent threads so it's clear and concise on what to do to install a body lift, suspension lift, fender trimming, and many other mods I've done in the last couple of weeks. Hopefully it's a help, and I've love to hear comments, because I want my web site to be a place folks can go to read about what's involved to do certain mods on our vehicles.
Old 09-09-2003, 05:43 PM

Very cool Chris. One of the pics isn't working though. It's the first one on the left after step 5. And you don't have a pic for step 3 do you?
Old 09-09-2003, 05:52 PM

Thanks for the quick update. It's fixed now!

The problem with step 3 was I could get a good enough picture to show the bolts. The easiest thing to so it find the steering shaft, and at the bottom of is a bracket that has two bolts in it that attaches to the bottom metal piece through a rubber bushing. Those are the two bolts you want to remove. Hope that helps,

Chris
Old 09-09-2003, 06:12 PM

Talking RB 3 inch BL

I just put in my order for a three inch Roger Brown Body lift. Now the hardest part is just waiting patiently for it to get here. He is way to cool. Very informative man & polite to boot. What a company, I like it!
Old 09-09-2003, 06:16 PM

Yeah, I love his functional, sparing look attitude with stuff. I've read most of his site and learned a ton of stuff. I love his sliders and wish he made a rear bumper for a 3rd generation.

Good luck on your install!

Chris
Old 09-09-2003, 06:18 PM

Thanks man I cant wait.
Old 09-09-2003, 06:32 PM

Ok, I just finished my lift page: www.toyota-4runners.com/lift.html

Let me know what you think!

Chris
Old 09-09-2003, 07:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks just like my body lift

http://www.toyotaoffroad.net/afertig/96/bodylift.htm

Old 09-09-2003, 07:11 PM
Contributing Member

Re: 1" RB Body Lift Writeup!

Originally posted by ravencr
For those interested in the details of how to install a Roger
Chris

P.S. I'm transfering everything over from my recent threads so it's clear and concise on what to do to install a body lift, suspension lift, fender trimming, and many other mods I've done in the last couple of weeks. Hopefully it's a help, and I've love to hear comments, because I want my web site to be a place folks can go to read about what's involved to do certain mods on our vehicles.
cool Chris. I may just finally order a kit for me sometime soon. Once the layoffs at work blow over anyway.
Old 09-09-2003, 08:12 PM

Cool write up....

I have a TJM-17 front bumper. Will this be an issue? or the brackets provided by Roger Brown solve this? Also, to my understanding, Body Lift does not alter the CV angle, correct?

Thanks....
Old 09-10-2003, 04:10 AM

Originally posted by dok4runner
Cool write up....

Also, to my understanding, Body Lift does not alter the CV angle, correct?

Thanks....
Nah, your Body getting lifted wont have anything to do with your CV joints. The only thing that lifting the body will affect is your negative battery cable,steering shaft,radiator mounting,fuel tank hose mounting. I hate the waiting period before getting my BL. I just want it so I can install it. I feel like its Xmas time and there are a butload of presents under the tree. I think tomorrow I will do my before pics so I can do my comparisons after the lift.
Old 09-10-2003, 05:29 AM

Originally posted by Adam F
Looks just like my body lift
http://www.toyotaoffroad.net/afertig/96/bodylift.htm
That reminds me about forgetting about the shifting linkage. Thanks for your link!

Chris
Old 09-10-2003, 05:30 AM

Originally posted by dok4runner
Cool write up....
I have a TJM-17 front bumper. Will this be an issue? or the brackets provided by Roger Brown solve this? Also, to my understanding, Body Lift does not alter the CV angle, correct?
Thanks....
I don't think so as long as your bumper bolts up to the frame the same way the stock bumper does, all you'll do is bolt up to the new supplied brackets which are 1" higher than stock. If the TJM bolts up differently, then I would contact Roger directly and see what he says.

Chris
Old 09-10-2003, 05:32 AM

Originally posted by BigBadBlue
Nah, your Body getting lifted wont have anything to do with your CV joints. The only thing that lifting the body will affect is your negative battery cable,steering shaft,radiator mounting,fuel tank hose mounting. I hate the waiting period before getting my BL. I just want it so I can install it. I feel like its Xmas time and there are a butload of presents under the tree. I think tomorrow I will do my before pics so I can do my comparisons after the lift.
Well, that is all true for body lifts over 1" high. For 1" body lifts, the only things you have to adjust are the bumper mounts, steering shaft, and possibly the shfting linkage, all of which are very easy to do.

Chris
Old 09-10-2003, 05:53 AM
Contributing Member

I don't think so as long as your bumper bolts up to the frame the same way the stock bumper does, all you'll do is bolt up to the new supplied brackets which are 1" higher than stock. If the TJM bolts up differently, then I would contact Roger directly and see what he says.

Chris
The bracket for the TJM's are far more stout and actually wrap around the pokeys on the end of the frame. they have more than just the two bolts shown in your write-up. To do a BL with a TJM you either just live with a larger gap between the body and the top surface of the bumper or you can elongate the holes in the TJM bracket, I can't remember where but if you search yotatech there was discussion of this and some pics back in may when Mike V. did the goup buy with the TJM's. long story short it is a tad more work it you don't want the bigger gap.
Old 09-10-2003, 06:01 AM

Thanks Keisur! I didn't know how they attached!

Chris
Old 09-10-2003, 06:12 AM
Contributing Member

Thanks Keisur! I didn't know how they attached!

Chris
this kind of shows it, I had a better pic a while back but I can't find it on my computer at work.

Old 09-10-2003, 07:04 AM

man keisur your truck looks sweet as hell. I don't know why you use those fruity cars as your avatar instead
Old 09-10-2003, 08:39 AM

hey guys, I just bought me a 2" RB body lift too! thanks for all the write-ups. I can't wait to get it and install it! I have a winch coming too, so that will go on the same time.

only thing I am worried about is the steering shaft extension. that part seems tricky.
Old 09-10-2003, 09:12 AM

The steering shaft is just pain in the butt rather than tricky. If you can secure the steering shaft while trying to get the bolts off, you'll be in good shape. It just likes to move whn you're trying to remove it.

Chris

Quick Reply: 1" RB Body Lift Writeup!