Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

04 Dbl Taco 4x4 interior light replacement

Old 03-28-2010, 06:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 Dbl Taco 4x4 interior light replacement

Hey everyone:

Been on line several hours and am looking to replace the interior factory bulbs (instrument cluster, AC panel.....) in my 2004 tacoma 4x4 with LED's. I think the back ground lights on the instrument cluster are 194's (got that off a website) and I the AC panel are 74 (T1.5 twist lock base type). I am unsure what size the A/T Temp oil, Battery, Low oil lite, Seat belt, Emergency brake, check engine, low fuel, air bag, turn signal's, as well as the Hazard button, RR Diff Lock button, ECT Pwr button, Cigarette lighter and automatic shifter lights are? Are they twist lock type or or regular type? Does anyone have an all inclusive list of the bulbs, types, and sizes for the interior (basically all of them listed above)?

I just want to make sure I order the ones I want in the color I want one time, instead of piecemealing it..... I got on autoillumination as well as superbrightleds.com and I like what I see. In addition, I have scoped several threads on this site and I also am very impressed, with the transformation with LED's. I am ready to order, but would like to order everything I want just 1x

Also... The orange background on the AC panel is making me ill and I would like to have it bright white or blue. Does anyone know how to get rid of that orange back ground color on the panel?

Thanks for your assistance and helping a Veteran out

Wojo
Old 03-28-2010, 07:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bumpn it
Old 12-24-2010, 10:05 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm resurrecting this old thread and hi-jacking it...

I'm doing the same LED conversion here shortly, will be buying all my stuff from http://www.superbrightleds.com/ as one of the sites mentioned above. Their prices are decent and they have pretty much everything.

194's for most of the major instrument cluster, I'm going with blue I think. As for the small ones for the individual indicator lights, I will leave most of those alone. The 120' LEDS are like 70 cents, the 360' ones are 1.39 I believe.

I have about 2 or 3 lights burnt out right now and my AC button actually broke and FELL OFF driving over some nasty washboarded road, need to fix that while I'm in there. For all the interior dome lights I will be going with the direct replacement/conversion bulbs in cool white and maybe add a blue or red light as well.

Anyway, once I order the stuff and get my dash pulled apart I will post up a bunch of pics...