Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

'03 Husky cargo mat

Old 09-04-2003, 06:54 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'03 Husky cargo mat

Trying to order this product. The retailer is asking me if I have the double decker storage shelf in the back, apparently there are two different sizes depending if you have the shelf or not. I always have my shelf folded down. Should I order the liner that comes for the non-shelf variety or does the double decker cargo liner fit when the shelf is folded down? :pat:
Old 09-04-2003, 07:04 AM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Re: '03 Husky cargo mat

Originally posted by Sac State
Trying to order this product. The retailer is asking me if I have the double decker storage shelf in the back, apparently there are two different sizes depending if you have the shelf or not. I always have my shelf folded down. Should I order the liner that comes for the non-shelf variety or does the double decker cargo liner fit when the shelf is folded down? :pat:
I'd ask for some pictures of the different products from the retailer and see which one serves your needs best. My local Toyota dealership sells Husky's so you might check yours just to get an idea of how they look to help you pick the right one, but buy it online at the cheaper price or maybe even get the dealer to sell it to you what you can get it for online. Worth a shot!

Brian
Old 09-04-2003, 01:24 PM

I have the Husky cargo liner in the back and it fits fine over the double decker. I keep the thing folded down all the time as well.

I did not know there were two sizes, the place I ordered mine from never had an option for anything other than color.
Old 09-04-2003, 02:53 PM

The Husky liner for the double decker is designed to fit over the double decker when it is folded DOWN. The double decker system raises the level of the back about an inch (when folded down, over the regular model), so if you have the double decker, you should get the back mat for the double decker

It will not fit in if you leave the deck up, but that doesn't sound like thats a problem for you.

I have the mat for the double decker in mine (and I have the double decker) and it fits great! I have all the huskyliners for the passengers to, these are a great investment, and they fit great.
Old 09-05-2003, 12:50 AM
Contributing Member

Has anyone else considered removing the "double decker" shelf system?

Like you guys, I always keep mine down. In fact I think the only time I had it set up was on my first day to see what would fit under it and if I remember right, it wasn't much.

Doug
Old 09-05-2003, 04:53 AM
Contributing Member

I have always bought my Husky's from Cabelas. Where did you order your cargo mat? Cabelas does not offer a cargo mat for an '03 Runner.
Old 09-06-2003, 06:54 AM

Does the double decker system also have plastic trays in the floor? They may cut the floor shape differently depending on that too.

Look at this thread for a pic of how it's cut for the floor trays

click here
Old 09-07-2003, 03:54 AM

Husky liner

Does the either model extend over the plastic trays at the back corners. I have the double deck and it appears that the trays sit a tad lower then the deck. Maybe this is why there are 2 models. For those of you that have the double tray does the molded deck drop to cover the trays?
Old 09-07-2003, 03:15 PM

Originally posted by 02Runner
Has anyone else considered removing the "double decker" shelf system?

Like you guys, I always keep mine down. In fact I think the only time I had it set up was on my first day to see what would fit under it and if I remember right, it wasn't much.

Doug
Thought about it, but it looked to be too much trouble.

Instead, I keep it in the up position. Underneath I keep a box with miscellaneouls stuff (straps, portable battery jumper, etc.). Found a 10-ga;;on Rubbermaid container at Target for about $3. Then, I have my toolbox that fits under there, too.

I have them in lengthwise, so there is room for a small carry-on size suitcase under there, too.