86-95 Trucks & 4Runners (Build-Up Section) Post your build-ups here

PismoJoe's 1986 4Runner Build-Up Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 02:33 PM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
WOW, A RACE! LOL......

"Up in front we have Pismo Joe, ....BUT WAIT, it looks like Lives4Crawlin has crept up with his new steering box, .....IT'S NECK AND NECK, FOLKS! Will Joe's LAME CUSTOMER SERVICE pan out to a fizzle, providing an easy win for Lives4Crawlin?...or will Joe raise HELL with the man on the other end of the phone, causing the parts to be flown there by G5????" hahahaa.

Good luck, guys, I'm really looking forward to the videos! If you could, stop by my trouble shooting thread and read up, see what you think? it's pretty basic stuff in part, then not so much on the other issues. I'd really appreciate it, ...sorry for the highjack! PLEASE TO FORGAVES ME? hahahha
Old 06-16-2010, 03:08 PM

Received 74 Likes on 44 Posts
Hey Joe, what kind of turnaround time did you get from witch hunter? All the guys around have used him with great success, just hoping he takes care of the Cali guys as well as the Washington guys.
Old 06-16-2010, 03:17 PM
YotaTech Milestone-Two Millionth Post

Received 122 Likes on 57 Posts
i mailed mine on a thursday and had them in my hands by the following monday or tuesday......so that's REALLY FAST.

and Joe, I'm getting p-o'd for you about getting those assemblies back........that's downright poor service.
Old 06-16-2010, 03:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well yes highsteer is in the mixs, but im shootin for goin with the trail gear 4in kit... lol but i guess ill go back to my build thread and sit in boredom cuz my camera broke and so pics updates are unlikely
Old 06-16-2010, 04:55 PM

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts
Jason, I don't actually have them yet but I paid on the 14th and they said they wouldn't send a paypal request until the work was done, so I guess they're done. I mailed them out on Saturday, so I think they got them and cleaned all 5 injectors in 3 business days which is smokin' fast!!! They have been really helpful as well with my ?'s as well, so I'd say they're hookin up the CA guys as well

Yeah Jerry, they took a damn long time IMO, but what are you gonna do? I wasn't about to pay LCE $480 for a stock set lol I just wish they were UP FRONT about the slow turnaround time. When I called they told me a week tops! HA!

haha chef that was a good one...I dunno its not lookin too good for lives (sorry bud! )....

check this out x1000

Sorry guys, don't want to unwrap them lol they're just too young to be exposed quite yet

So stoked, mentalwise haha. Will be dropping them off to the machine shop tomorrow, and I'll give you guys a solid ETA on this engine that I think I was building lol
Old 06-16-2010, 04:56 PM

Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts
where did you get the valvetrain at? that's one of the few things I regret reusing during my rebuild.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:59 PM

I got them from 22reperformance.com

Check em out, but be prepared to wait 2 months lol so order in advance!
Old 06-16-2010, 05:02 PM

Received 74 Likes on 44 Posts
Awesome. Glad they finally showed up. Hope they run as good as the website makes em out to be!!
Old 06-16-2010, 05:04 PM

YEAHHHHHHHH, BOOOOOOOOEY! hahahaha

"Holy Crapoli!....it appears as though SMOKIN PISMO JOE has pulled a head, MASSIVELY, as though he was teleported a half length ahead.....GAAAAAAAAAASP, .....but who knows, this could motivate Lives4Crawlin to WHIP SOME ARSE RIGHT BACK! ....stay tuned, folks, ...it's appearing to no longer be a nail biter!" hehe

SO HAPPY FOR YOU, Joe, ....you probably felt every new wrinkle from the grimacing in anger you've been showing, .....UNTIL THAT TRUCK PULLED UP! hahahaha.

Sweet, ....now, if only we can get them to work on it through the weekend! Hmmmmmm, lol.
Old 06-16-2010, 05:20 PM

Hahaha Chef, do you cook at a comedy club??? Thanks though man, I'm so stoked. Yes, now my attention will be turned to the machine shop lol but they have been up front with me so far.

From what I hear, they're sort of the good ol boys of engine rebuilding in my area, and they offer a 3yr/30k warranty so I'm stoked on that!

Now we just need to go cruise down Sunset with our BA yotas when mines done hehe
Old 06-16-2010, 05:24 PM

SWEEET! Love that drive up through Leo Carillo and so on, ....I LOVE camping at Carpenteria during the AVOCADO OR STRAWBERRY FESTIVAL!!! That is fun!

No, don't cook at a comedy club, .....sorry for being corny, hahaa. Just think that competition makes it interesting....then again, it could lead to a bad install on something, so DON'T DO IT! lol. Wish I was closer, I'd gladly stop by and help you drop that sucker in!
Old 06-16-2010, 05:28 PM

No seriously I got that message on my phone when I got done surfing and I almost fell to the floor laughing lol, seriously man that was a good one! I can picture you being in the press box at a horse race hehe

That would be so appreciated lol I'll just have to make due over here all alone haha. Seriously though, if I have any issues I think you will be the first person I ask. I mean, if yotatech counted as a class I think you would be ASE certified lol
Old 06-16-2010, 05:38 PM

HAHAHAHA, HARDLY! but thanks! lol. I've learned alot though, ...no doubt. Some things are STORED FOR GOOD in my nugget. However, this kind of 'variable-type' issue gets me flustered. Not bad, I'm fine...I just wanna figure it out and BE FRIGGEN DONE WITH IT! LOL. IT'S VERY CLOSE, I'll say that much, and there aren't many things I wont try to tackle on my own....this included! I WILL beat this stupid hiccup! hahaha. MAN I HATE THE HICCUPS, TOO! hehe.

BBl8r, ....can't wait to see your progress, Joe!
Old 06-16-2010, 06:09 PM

Thanks guys!

Yes we do not like hiccups around these parts lol

Jason- I think if this engine doesn't run then I quit life haha
Old 06-16-2010, 09:30 PM

Nice dude, finally got em!
Old 06-17-2010, 08:31 AM

IT'LL RUNNNNNNNN, .... You'll get'er'done in no time!
Old 06-17-2010, 12:13 PM

Haha IT BETTER lol and yeah I finally got those rockers in

A little update, I dropped by the machine shop today

Turns out the crank had to be turned a bit, so I need to swap out my rod/main bearings from std to .25mm or 010/010 depending on your lingo. Just e-mailed engnbldr so hopefully I can swap them out trouble free.

Its looking like the engine is a week away yeaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!
Old 06-20-2010, 12:17 PM

Alright guys another little update, got my injectors back from WitchHunter. Man those guys are fast! Great work they did, replaced all the o-rings, spacers, and gaskets. I thought that my injectors would have been a little more clogged up, but now at least I know they're good to go!

Alright, and since this is MY thread there has been LOCAL SLO COUNTY fabricators two months straight in off road mag!!! CHOOWWW here's my cousin Mikey in his tundra (I made those stickers hehe) check out Central Coast PreRunners if you need a legit prerunner, Mikey is one of the best fabricators I have ever seen, not just saying that either

And in this months mag, the article on Dennis' Chevy Blazer (blue, with a newer suburban front clip) of Xtreme Unlimited in Grover Beach, Ca. Dennis is the guy to see for all of your gearing/locker/drivetrain needs. My buddy Daniel Wilson did the body work, here's his truck if you have seen this pic I posted in the carnage thread. Don't have my own copy of this months mag, or I would scan it on here for you, but I suggest you check it out
Danny in his rolled 85 (we did a full body swap, its nice now lol)

At least he knows how to do bodywork hehe

Last edited by PismoJoe; 06-20-2010 at 12:18 PM.
Old 06-20-2010, 12:28 PM

Wow, very cool posts, Joe! Hope you have a great day today..... Happy Fathers day! Hopefully, some day in the not to distant future, in a galaxy NOT SO FAR AWAY----NO CAL---, hahaha, we may just meet! lol.

Still tinkering with mine, .... hope to see you flying down the road soon, Joe!

Mark
Old 06-20-2010, 12:31 PM

Where is that picture of your cousins truck taken at?

Quick Reply: PismoJoe's 1986 4Runner Build-Up Thread