86-95 Trucks & 4Runners (Build-Up Section)Post your build-ups here
Welcome to Yotatech!
Welcome to Yotatech,
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!
To Start, don't expect this to go quick, limited time, and limited funds ordering the remaining parts will make this build take the better part of the next 4-5 months.
I've been lurking around yotatech for about 4-5 years now, ever since i picked up my 1994 4runner Sr5, 3slow, auto in about 2008.
I'm not sure how many of you still name your cars/trucks, but I do, and his name is Ty.
Me and Ty had a rough start, me and the girlfriend saved up, ran out, and picked him up from a used car dealer, Great Deal! Or so we thought.
He drove great for the first few days, them coming to a red light, and all of a sudden i have no brakes. Get the truck up on the lift, and find a blown out brake line, wrapped in electrical tape..... off to a good start.
Replace a bunch of brake and fuel lines, clean up some rust, and we're off again!
Driving home from work late one night, and me and Ty get shot at, he takes a couple bullets, and we escape with our lives, but Ty takes one in the A-pillar, being a true bro taking a bullet to save my live.
Ran great for a few months, then the 3vze decided to grenade itself, and spin every bearing on it's way out.
Fast forward a month, and the motor's been replaced with a shiny new rebuilt. All is well and good for another little while, and then while parked in the parking lot of my store, it's hit, and the frame is tweaked, along with a bunch of the front end suspension bits.
Insurance wanted to write it off, saying it wasn't worth what it would cost to fix, but i couldn't do that, i couldn't give up on Ty yet, not after all he had done for me, and that brings me to now.
As it currently sits, my 4runnner is stripped, interior gutter, body off the frame, and the frame stripped of every component. (pics to follow)
And so begins the rebuild, when it is all done, Every part of Ty will be refinished, he'll be a far more capable offroad rig, as well as being a pretty much brand new daily driver as well.
- Toyota 2jzgte
- Precision Turbo 5862 Turbo
- 950 cc Injectors
- AEM EMS V2
- 93 oct and E85 Tunes
- Top Mount Intercooler
- Summit Racing Fuel Cell
- Fuelab External Pump and Filter
- Stainless Steel Hardline Fuel Lines with -aN Fittings
- A340E Auto Transmission
- Inchworm Prerunner Adapter
- Dual Gear Driven Transfer Case with 2.28 Crawl Box, 4.7:1 Rear, 23 and 30 Spline
- 64" WMS Diamond Front Housing, 9.5" LC Center, Mini Truck Outers, Longfield Birfs, Taco Brakes
- 62" WMS Diamond Rear Housing, 9.4" LC Cener, Full Float, Taco Brakes
- Front and Rear ARB Air Lockers
- 5.29 Gears
- 4wheelunderground 4 Link
- Axle Moved Back 8-10"
- King/FOx 16" Coilovers
- King/Fox 2x3" Air Bump Stops
Front Suspension and Steering
- 4wheelunderground 3 Link
- King/Fox 2x16" Coilovers
- King/Fox 2x3" Air Bump Stops
- Custom Shock Hoop Braced across Engine Bay
- TG Six Shooter Knuckles and High Steer Arms
- PSC Hydro Assist
- TG Pump
- Dual Batteries Mounted Below Floor (where spare tire was)
- Front and Rear Winch Mounts
- Quick Release Door Hinges
- Lexan Tailgate Window, Side Windows, and Back Seat Door Glass
- Wheel Arches clearanced
- Rock Sliders
- Factory Spare Tire Carrier Mounted where there was none before
There's a bunch i'm sure i forgot, or just didn't write down, but i'm excited to do it all.
Pictures to come!
This ad is not displayed to registered members. Register your free account today and become a member on Yotatech!
Last edited by niall; 01-24-2013 at 11:35 AM.
Reason: Change of Plans