86-95 Trucks & 4Runners (Build-Up Section) Post your build-ups here

AssYriaNrocKer's 1995 4Runner Build-up Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 04:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
O.K. ladies and gentlemen here we go! started prepping the cargo area today...Had to remove some sound deadening material and after about an hour of looking up some old threads I decided to go with the dry ice method. Basically you use the dry ice to freeze and chip away the material. Worked pretty darn good to! Its prob. way easier to do this in cooler weather because the stuff just turn to gum in the heat.

It's fun to play with...

Removed the side panels to...prob. not necessary but I'm trying to make this look good and don't mind the extra work. I like digging into my truck

and then some sanding!

The truck is SO dirty! Went for a quick rinse after I was done....
Going to get at it again tonight hopefully all goes well.

-RONI-

Old 08-21-2011, 11:13 AM

A little more prep and it was ready to be laid on!! Removed all the rubber drain plugs and the small D shackles, taped the edges and I was off to brushing and rolling.

Kit came with 1gallon, one roller with 2 skins, 1 2"cutting brush = $89.99 at Checker's.

Smells great!!!!

first coat

and after letting it sit over night got everything back in. It's dry but I wont be using it for another 2-3 days. Needs about 4 days to fully cure.

In the end...I love it! I'm very satisfied with the texture, It's very coarse. The thicker you lay it on the rougher it becomes. It was a pretty easy install and my favorite part about the whole thing is if I get a dull spot, crack, or anything I can just slap some more on! Big thumbs up for this mod.

-RONI-

Old 08-21-2011, 11:27 AM

Oh yeah ....WEAR GLOVES....

-RONI-

Old 08-21-2011, 11:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That came out look killer. Good job.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:52 AM

wow that looks hella better even your hands love it
Old 08-22-2011, 02:21 PM

Thanks guys

Yeah it's just now starting to peal off my hands...nothing was getting it off so I just left it...I'm a painter anyways lol (not even the crazy thinner from work helped!)

-RONI-

Last edited by AssYriaNrocKer; 09-06-2011 at 05:35 PM.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:45 PM

Installed a CB radio today...

Not too hard...haven't heard anything on it yet though...?...going to this cb shop so they can take a look at it make sure all is in working order.

-RONI-

Old 09-06-2011, 05:33 PM

Okay so got the CB radio all checked out by the guys at Kustom CB & Stereo and everything checked out great! I was surprised to find out I did it all correctly.lol Got the SWR set with the antenna and also got the CB peak tuned for max performance. Big difference with the peak tune.

Happy with the outcome and suggest a CB radio for everybody

Easy install with great results.

-RONI-

Old 09-07-2011, 06:30 PM

Dude, your truck is awesome! I love the look of the 15x10's with 31's. I had that same combo on my 89 4runner. I am about to put that combo on my "new to me" 4runner. I have the wheels, just waiting to find a good deal on some tires.

Anyways, I really want to see the OME springs on your truck. I want to put a set on mine and I want to see what they look like. If you put the rear springs on first could you snap a quick picture of it for me? Keep up the good work, and keep the good information and pictures coming!
Old 09-08-2011, 02:20 PM

Cleaned it up a little yesterday. Bought a rubber "door protector" from auto zone for 4bucks and used it to make the CB install look a little nicer I was unable to use the bracket that came with the CB to mount it so I made sure it was a nice tight fit. It's holding super tight so...hopefully it stays that way when I'm on the trail! (I think it will hold fine)

It's fun to listen to the crazy people on the air waves!hahahaha

VV PIX VV

-RONI-

Old 09-08-2011, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Robert_david6
Dude, your truck is awesome! I love the look of the 15x10's with 31's. I had that same combo on my 89 4runner. I am about to put that combo on my "new to me" 4runner. I have the wheels, just waiting to find a good deal on some tires.

Anyways, I really want to see the OME springs on your truck. I want to put a set on mine and I want to see what they look like. If you put the rear springs on first could you snap a quick picture of it for me? Keep up the good work, and keep the good information and pictures coming!

Well I'm glad someones reading this stuff haha...Thanks man. I bought those rims for 160$ off Craigslist (They came with BFG All Terrains). I get a few people that think the rims stick out too much but I think It's perfect. Just barley has room to stuff in the wheel well.

It ends up cutting the tire up and I hate that...so Either today or tomorrow I will be rolling my fenders with a "fender roller". I've never even seen a fender roller before so we will see how that goes.

Dude I'm so excited for the OME suspension. Haven't gotten around to ordering it yet.... I'm a procrastinator for surrrreeeee! But it will be very very soon!! I will def. be taking a bunch of pics don't worry

-RONI-

Old 09-08-2011, 03:07 PM

Your 4runner looks great man! I'm really liking the roll on bedliner, turned out really well, might have to give it a shot.
Old 09-08-2011, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by AssYriaNrocKer
Well I'm glad someones reading this stuff haha...
Huh...what... did you say something??

Lookin good bro!! We need to get our butts out on the trails sometime soon - I'm thinking about heading out sometime Saturday. And if I dont end up going, BLKNBLU is talking about a wrenchin day at his place - I'm down for either!
Old 09-08-2011, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by 87 Deathtrap
Your 4runner looks great man! I'm really liking the roll on bedliner, turned out really well, might have to give it a shot.
Thanks. Go for it man!

Originally Posted by lofreqjeff
Huh...what... did you say something??

Lookin good bro!! We need to get our butts out on the trails sometime soon - I'm thinking about heading out sometime Saturday. And if I dont end up going, BLKNBLU is talking about a wrenchin day at his place - I'm down for either!

LOL Whats up jeff!

I will be helping put the finishing touches on TRDevelopment's 3VZE install in his 1st gen. this Saturday. I need to stop screwing around and order the dang suspension so I can go out man. With TRDevelopment's truck runing we will have another trail buddy!

-RONI-

Old 09-08-2011, 07:35 PM

Well I'm glad someones reading this stuff haha...Thanks man. I bought those rims for 160$ off Craigslist (They came with BFG All Terrains). I get a few people that think the rims stick out too much but I think It's perfect. Just barley has room to stuff in the wheel well.
Yeah man, I am a fan of the wide wheels and tires. I think it make the truck look real tough. I don't really post here to much, but I always keep up with the threads, especially when its a sweet 2nd gen!!
Old 09-08-2011, 07:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looking good, man. I like the CB install. Pretty clean.

You need to tuck your exhaust up more! That tailpipe is gunna get SHMASHED!
Old 09-09-2011, 01:50 PM

Thanks dude

I know, I know it's hella low...thinkin about just choppin it somewhere

-RONI-

Old 09-09-2011, 02:00 PM

Received 101 Likes on 79 Posts
just cut it after the rear axle. no biggie, and it wont get in the way
Old 09-09-2011, 02:08 PM

I know, I know it's hella low...thinkin about just choppin it somewhere
Take a hack saw to it and slap a turn down on it. Heck take it one step further and just cut the entire exhaust off!!! There's nothing like listening to a 22re with no exhaust, sounds like a UPS truck!!
Old 09-09-2011, 03:31 PM

This will be done deff.

as soon as I find someone with a hack saw lol Need someone to weld on my Trail Gear turn signals to!

If I crush the pipe I wouldn't mind replacing it any way

-RONI-

Quick Reply: AssYriaNrocKer's 1995 4Runner Build-up Thread