84-85 Trucks & 4Runners (Build-Up Section) Post your build-ups here

Restoring the Screen Used 85 SR5 Xtra Cab 4 x 4 From Back to the Future II and III

Old 05-02-2014, 04:01 AM
MTR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry about the extended time since a post! We have been very hard at work on the truck and it is coming along quite nicely. The frame is restored and put back together, The drivetrain is installed and the paint is going on. We have 99% of the interior parts restored/located. We have been maintaining a facebook page (Marty's Truck Restoration) but here are a few pics for Yota Tech peeps.....
Attached Thumbnails Restoring the Screen Used 85 SR5 Xtra Cab 4 x 4 From Back to the Future II and III-img_8771-1280x853-.jpg   Restoring the Screen Used 85 SR5 Xtra Cab 4 x 4 From Back to the Future II and III-img_8861-1280x852-.jpg   Restoring the Screen Used 85 SR5 Xtra Cab 4 x 4 From Back to the Future II and III-4-22-14-visit2-640x480-.jpg  
Old 05-03-2014, 05:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow looks nice!!
Old 05-05-2014, 03:48 AM
MTR

Originally Posted by kornhuskerwizard
Wow looks nice!!

Thanks! More pics to come this week!
Old 05-05-2014, 09:40 PM

I hate you guys!

Old 05-06-2014, 03:25 AM
MTR

Originally Posted by BK2TFUTURE
I hate you guys!

Thanks, I think? lol!
Old 05-06-2014, 05:54 AM
Super Moderator
Staff

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Be right back, I just wet my panties...
Old 05-06-2014, 06:09 AM
MTR

Originally Posted by kawazx636
Be right back, I just wet my panties...

You will need more than one pair when you see the truck finished! I will be posting a few pics tonight or tomorrow which show the truck painted.....it looks sweet
Old 05-06-2014, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by MTR
Thanks, I think? lol!
Man. You guys have the actual truck. Wanna trade for my 87 ?

Any plans for the 30th anniversary????
Old 05-06-2014, 07:14 AM
Super Moderator
Staff

Originally Posted by MTR
You will need more than one pair when you see the truck finished! I will be posting a few pics tonight or tomorrow which show the truck painted.....it looks sweet
Just let me know before you post the pictures so I bring a few extra pairs to work with me that day...
Old 05-06-2014, 09:17 AM
MTR

Man. You guys have the actual truck. Wanna trade for my 87 ?

Any plans for the 30th anniversary????

Sure do, the real deal! Absolutely a dream come true for me. We are definitely coming out to Hollywood for the "Were Going Back" celebration in October of 2015. All sorts of plans for the truck including allowing people, for a donation to TeamFox, to sit in the bed with Claudia Wells (the original Jennifer Parker) with a sleeping bag and have their picture taken. Should be b.a.! You should come by and check it out!
Old 05-06-2014, 09:18 AM
MTR

Originally Posted by kawazx636
Just let me know before you post the pictures so I bring a few extra pairs to work with me that day...

Sure thing!!!!! Fair warning, some time after supper eastern time tonight I should have a few up, check them out!
Old 05-06-2014, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by MTR
Sure do, the real deal! Absolutely a dream come true for me. We are definitely coming out to Hollywood for the "Were Going Back" celebration in October of 2015. All sorts of plans for the truck including allowing people, for a donation to TeamFox, to sit in the bed with Claudia Wells (the original Jennifer Parker) with a sleeping bag and have their picture taken. Should be b.a.! You should come by and check it out!

I'll definately be there and bringing my truck too. Maybe there will be a replica section to park at.
Old 05-06-2014, 10:15 AM
MTR

I'll definately be there and bringing my truck too. Maybe there will be a replica section to park at.

That sounds great! Come check it out for sure.
Old 05-06-2014, 03:58 PM
MTR

So, here they are! Pics of the truck painted and looking great. I like this finish a lot better than the orange it was a year ago! What do you all think? Now it is down to the nitty gritty. Finish up the interior, bolt up the trim and bumpers, get the drivetrain finished off. We are getting there! Hope to be done in about a month or so.
Attached Thumbnails Restoring the Screen Used 85 SR5 Xtra Cab 4 x 4 From Back to the Future II and III-img_8979-1280x853-.jpg   Restoring the Screen Used 85 SR5 Xtra Cab 4 x 4 From Back to the Future II and III-img_8980-1280x853-.jpg  
Old 05-06-2014, 04:05 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
How do you actually know this was the one in the movie? besides what someone told you? Is there documentation? title in movie studios name? I just wonder...who is to say it IS the ONE? Other than buying from someone who says it is?

Totally respect the build...just haven't seen where it is definitively THE one.
Old 05-06-2014, 04:24 PM
MTR

Originally Posted by HighLux
How do you actually know this was the one in the movie? besides what someone told you? Is there documentation? title in movie studios name? I just wonder...who is to say it IS the ONE? Other than buying from someone who says it is?

Totally respect the build...just haven't seen where it is definitively THE one.
We have rock solid provenance that includes a stack of paperwork going back to the original owner who owned a company that leased vehicles to movie studios. Included is a work order from a shop in CA that was for the work to modify this truck for its screen use. This is billed to Universal (actually to "Paradox" which was Universal Studios inside code name for the films) and has the plate number of the truck listed on it. The vin number is also listed on this form and others. One note of interest is that on this repair/work order there is a listing for "frame repair". The truck was in a small accident after it was stolen (the first of two times) just before it was to be used by the studio. This frame repair is evident (drivers front) on the truck. One of the items replaced was a damaged drivers side brake backing plate. If you look closely at one of the very famous pictures of the truck lined up to race Needles Ford you can clearly see the factory sticker on this backing plate. The icing on the cake is a note on the sun visor thanking the original owner which was written by written and signed by Michael J. Fox. We are absolutely certain that the truck is the original one! Thanks for your questions.
Old 05-06-2014, 04:28 PM

Well I guess that answers my question then. lol.

Its a miracle it survived.
Old 05-06-2014, 04:35 PM
MTR

Originally Posted by HighLux
Well I guess that answers my question then. lol.

Its a miracle it survived.
I agree! The original owner used it as a daily driver both before and after the shoot. He then sold it on to another individual in 1999 who owned it through 2009. He is the one who painted it orange and changed out the seats and steering wheel with blue stuff……damn Denver Bronco fan (((( Fortunately after it was stolen the second time it was recovered undamaged in Mexico. That is truly a miracle!!!!
Old 05-06-2014, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by MTR
I agree! The original owner used it as a daily driver both before and after the shoot. He then sold it on to another individual in 1999 who owned it through 2009. He is the one who painted it orange and changed out the seats and steering wheel with blue stuff……damn Denver Bronco fan (((( Fortunately after it was stolen the second time it was recovered undamaged in Mexico. That is truly a miracle!!!!
Didnt mean to give you a hard time. I blame my state motto. "Show me" makes us all skeptics.
Now I know though...I can get into your build. If I were a single young man...I would make use of this truck to ruin the reputations of women in every town I traveled to...lol.

"Hey baby...want to play back to the future tonight?"
Old 05-06-2014, 04:44 PM
Super Moderator
Staff

Very nice! It's so glossy it looks soaking wet! Is that a single stage black or clear coat??

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Restoring the Screen Used 85 SR5 Xtra Cab 4 x 4 From Back to the Future II and III