Vehicles - Parting Out Parting out a vehicle, post it here

Check the date of the thread/op's last activity

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 03:35 AM
Fossilized
Staff

Received 448 Likes on 293 Posts
Check the date of the thread/op's last activity

***PLEASE CHECK THE DATE THE THREAD WAS STARTED AND LAST ACTIVITY BY THE MEMBER POSTING THE THREADS***
We have been trying to get the classifieds cleaned up but a lot of members are digging up old threads where the original poster has not been around for months.

If the thread has been inactive for a few months, chances are you will not get a reply

-->to check a members last activity, scroll over their user name and click on 'view public profile' this will show you if they have been active recently.
The following users liked this post:
BigBluePile (02-13-2022)
Old 02-06-2022, 06:51 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
PLEASE, for God's sake or for that matter, anyone trying to read this section...DELETE THE DEAD posts! Unbelievably difficult to slog through all these dead 10-year-old classified posts. I appreciate the space, but holy hell is this format difficult to read. Tiny white on black tiny font does not help. I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds this format very difficult to look at. Here is a link to classified parts site that is doing it better. Photos, clear, search, filtering, simple https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/. Again, thanks for the site, but it's time to upgrade.
Old 02-06-2022, 12:44 PM
Fossilized
Staff

Received 448 Likes on 293 Posts
Originally Posted by westfalia
PLEASE, for God's sake or for that matter, anyone trying to read this section...DELETE THE DEAD posts! Unbelievably difficult to slog through all these dead 10-year-old classified posts. I appreciate the space, but holy hell is this format difficult to read. Tiny white on black tiny font does not help. I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds this format very difficult to look at. Here is a link to classified parts site that is doing it better. Photos, clear, search, filtering, simple https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/. Again, thanks for the site, but it's time to upgrade.
Unfortunately the site owners don't want us deleting threads, some BS about google metrics. I have heard from the forum's owners in a couple of years. My guess is that they know forums are dying and aren't gonna dump resources or $$ for something with a low to no return on their investment. there is only a couple of mods left, we try to either close or move them to the classifieds graveyard when we find them. I know the samba is a great site. I have had over 30 VW's over the years...never one with a radiator though.
The following users liked this post:
BigBluePile (02-13-2022)