Notices
Vehicles - Parting Out Parting out a vehicle, post it here

WTB[MidWest]: Bench seat or replacement cover

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2017, 06:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bench seat or replacement cover

Hi, I'm going through my '95 4x4, and the seat is pretty beat up. My son used it to deliver pizzas for years, so it's pretty stained and has a funky smell to it. I'm afraid to just put a seat cover over the existing cover, but can't seem to find a replacement seat cover anywhere. I want to remove the existing cover and replace it with a new cover, clips, etc. The seat is fine structurally.

Any thoughts or ideas? Worst case, I'd buy a gray bench seat in good condition.
Old 01-09-2017, 07:52 PM

Received 94 Likes on 66 Posts
I have posted these before. They look great for 49.99 plus $10 shipping. These are gray and they have other colors. I don't have a bench seat so never purchased one and no one has returned and given us a review. Please, if you get them take pictures.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/A25-Triple-Stitched-8mm-Thick-Pickup-Truck-Full-Bench-GRAY-GREY-Seat-Covers/111761926964?rt=nc&_soffid=200&_soffType=SaleAndClearence&_trksid=p5731.m3795

You can also get custom covers from www.wetokole.com but they are made of wet suit material and IMO are uncomfortable in the summer. They are much more expensive too.
Old 01-09-2017, 07:56 PM

Received 94 Likes on 66 Posts
P.S. for a funky smelling seat you can rent a Rug Doctor rug cleaner from a grocery store and get the stair tool too. You can clean the seat. When I cleaned bucket seats they took about ten days to dry out. The dirty water was indescribable. The seats didn't originally look very dirty but they were filthy. Some people also take the seat out and power wash it.
Old 01-10-2017, 03:46 AM

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, the link is to a cover that goes over the existing seat. I guess worst case, I can go with a good cleaning, a ton of Febreeze and one of those.
Old 01-16-2017, 06:57 AM

Just did mine

Not sure if this would work for you as I don't know what the 95' seat looks like. But this vendor on eBay sells new upolstery for 4x2 and 4x4. I even went to JoAnn's linens and purchased extra foam to put under it. Now my seat looks and smells brand-new.
Old 01-16-2017, 07:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dude just go to the junkyard and get two gray second gen 4runner seats, they bolt right in (double check that, but I believe they do) OR buy a Ford ranger seat from like a 2002 ranger and bolt it to your Toyota rails. The runner seats have good lumbar support and you can install an ammo can for a console. You have so many options. Also prelude seats and Hyundai Tiburon seats are popular.