YotaTech Forums  

Go Back   YotaTech Forums > Other Modes Of Tranportation > Motorcycles
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Motorcycles Motorcycles of any kind including ATVs

Welcome to Yotatech!
Welcome to Yotatech,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-19-2010, 02:54 PM   #1
Personal Sales Rating: (0)

Polaris 500 oil change

anybody know what kinda fluids my buddy's automatic '97 Polaris Sportsman 500 4x4 will take?

i have no idea about 4wheeler fluids...and don't wanna pay out the for Polaris Dealership fluids...or a tune up from the dealer.. lol

and does it take regular automotive coolant?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Yotatech!

2001 Dodge 3/4 ton cummins, 6speed, QCSB, 35's on 18's, straight piped, cattleman front bumper. CAI, and superchips tune.
camo31_10.50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 11:44 AM   #2

I always use Polaris fluids and filters just like i use toyota replacement parts for the 4runner. Yeah you may pay more but when your 10 miles or more back in the woods wheelin or hunting the last thing anyone needs is to find that cheaper after market stuff dident work correctly. I feel ya, oil and filter for Polaris is like $65. Mine is still under warranty so I do what they suggest so that I keep it under warranty, I am curious what others are using so I will do some asking around and post back.
4runnerRandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:33 AM   #3

i appreciate it dude!

i'm really lookin more for like....the weight of it lol

like my toyota runs 10W30...what should the polaris run?

2001 Dodge 3/4 ton cummins, 6speed, QCSB, 35's on 18's, straight piped, cattleman front bumper. CAI, and superchips tune.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:04 PM   #4

I called the local Polaris dealer, Grand Prix Motor Sports here in Littleton and I found that their oil is a synthetic 0-40, I have never heard of such a thing but thats what the guy said. Mabey its special and thats why I have to take out a second mortgage for an oil change. Haha Im going to google and see who else makes that type of oil. Soory im not more help.
Old 03-24-2010, 04:53 PM   #5

jeez 0-40? lol thanks alot dude!!

Old 03-24-2010, 06:48 PM   #6

I saw Mobil 0-40 synthetic in a 5 quart container for $23.50 @ walmart when I was there with the family tonight. Thants a ton cheaper than Polaris oil.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:25 AM   #7

i only run polaris oil in polaris bikes because i hear they are very touchy, they want there 0-40 synthetic. also DONT use automotive coolant because it will eat your waterpump. use coolant for a quad.
i dont own a polaris but i know people the do and i have fixed to many of the to own one. lol i ride a honda......and a kawi and a suki and a yamaha...... we basicaly have everything but polaris. lol if that tells you anything.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:25 AM
Yotatech
4WD Truck

Paid Advertisement

Tags
03, 040, 4wheeler, 500, 98, 99, capacity, change, changing, coolant, drain, kind, oil, plug, polaris, sportsman

« STi ATV | My rides »