Notices
The Classifieds GraveYard Where old classifieds threads go that are too good to let go

*SOLD*1988 Toyota 4x4 Xtra Cab Pickup with 8289 Miles. Really.

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 05:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
*SOLD*1988 Toyota 4x4 Xtra Cab Pickup with 8289 Miles. Really.

*****Now all cleaned up, pics here: https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f149...l#post51495714 *********

I feel a bit bad registering to list this truck, but I was referred here from NASIOC.com because this is a bit of a weird truck.

So before I give you the pics, let me give you a bit of a story.
My father bought this truck new in 1988 (or 1987, I don't remember). He has used it for a few mountain trips, a very rare in-town trip.

He didn't drive it much, mainly drove his accord.

About 4 years ago he had an aortic aneurism, then about 11 surgeries over the next year culminating in the removal of his right leg. He's doing much better now, so this isn't mean to be a sob story. Thing is, driving a manual transmission with a prosthetic leg is a pretty horrible idea. He priced out hand controls and he isn't willing to pay 12k when he could get a new truck with an auto.

I don't want it. I love the truck, it's amazing... thing is I would hurt it. I know I'm just not the right owner for this pristine bit of toyota's history.

Another thing, my pops is one of the most anal, ocd people you'd ever meet. the shape of this truck vouches for that. The TOYOTA decal on the tailgate was removed when he bought it, that and the dash-mat, seatcovers, and bedliner were all done at purchase, other-wise it's bone stock.

I read the directions, location and price.
We are both in Albuquerque, NM.
I'll tentatively put the price at 15k...
...I have no clue at all for price. Friends have said everything from 5k to 15k... so a big part of my post is, what is fair, what is right, what is reasonable?

The pics. (lot of crap in the garage, and really bad weather today, so I had to do the best with keeping it in the garage)

8289miles.

[

All the pics I grabbed today ULed at the jpg from the camera... if there are any you want bigger tell me, I have the raw's too.

http://turboninjas.com/gallery/Frien...k/TruckMarked/

Last edited by MattSEG; 07-10-2010 at 09:50 PM.
Old 07-04-2010, 05:13 PM

Old 07-04-2010, 05:14 PM

added a few more pics, friend suggested I mark them too..
Old 07-04-2010, 05:38 PM

It's an SR-5 which really makes the value go up, but 15k? Hmm Maybe.

I'd suggest having it professionally detailed, checked out by a Toyota Dealer, show documents of miles and then list it on E-Bay with proper good quality pictures.

To the right collector you MIGHT get 15,000.00 (wasn't that thing something like 13K new LOL)

There is a 84 Toyota tow truck that has super low miles like 30k it's been for sale now for about 2 years. He started back when the economy was good at about 13K it's now down to about 8K It's here locally in Seattle.
Old 07-04-2010, 05:44 PM

I really have no idea, just threw that price out there.

I intend to get it detailed and get more/better photos of it. I think my dad said it was 16k, but I have no idea.

Thanks for the info, your response is the sort of advice/info I was really shooting for.

...oh yeah, my dad called and said he has the original manuals, etc with it.

-Matt
Old 07-04-2010, 09:17 PM

To be clear that is probably one of the lowest mileage Toyota's of that vintage (84-88) in EXISTANCE. I'd bet there are less than a 100 SR-5 X-Cab Toyota trucks of those years with under 10,000 miles. Thats rare !!!

The interior color isn't great, but over all that is one heck of an example. From what I can see it's an SR-5 with no other options.

Yes any material would help, manuals, original sales slips, original window stickers, photo copy of original title. Getting help listing it might also be a good idea. When something is out of the ordinary sometimes its best to really seek out help.

You want two things. 1: Get as much money as possible. 2: Hopefully sell it to a collector who will take care of it properly.

God I hope it doesn't have any rust on it.
Old 07-04-2010, 11:46 PM

It's an NM car, so I seriously doubt there is any rust... fortunately it's an issue we don't have. http://turboninjas.com/gallery/d/49858-1/_MG_4967.jpg might be a good image to get a peep at that. http://turboninjas.com/gallery/d/49864-1/_MG_4969.jpg may show too.

You are right about what we are looking for, good home for the right price. Rather take a little less for the better home honestly.

I know he has the manuals, but I will ask about the other stuff.

Where do you suggest I ask for help?

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it!
Old 07-05-2010, 04:56 AM

Received 120 Likes on 59 Posts
God I want that thing.
Good luck with the sale.

There's actually a kid on here with an early 90ish ex cab pickup that's got similar milage. Something like 6k on his?
Y'all are lucky.

Old 07-05-2010, 09:28 AM
Contributing Member

really, get it out of the garage, clean it up and take some good pictures outside, it will make a difference it how people see it.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:01 PM
Fossilized
Staff

Received 448 Likes on 293 Posts
Originally Posted by coops2k
really, get it out of the garage, clean it up and take some good pictures outside, it will make a difference it how people see it.
X2. The quality of your pictures are not doing it any good. Is there a reason you can't get it out of the garage? Put some effort into this sale, it will help you out in the long run.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:08 PM

Received 74 Likes on 44 Posts
elblako has the other pickup. Sweet find.

I would be all over that thing if I had the cash. I would say 9 or 10k, though. No A/C, power windows, power mirrors, sunroof or cruise. Only thing SR5 I see is the cluster.

Still gives me 3/4 chub though. Good luck with the sale!! Sorry to hear about your dad.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:30 PM

Fyi guys I pulled the price out of my rear. I started the thread with no price and was told to add one. I really have no clue what it's worth, which is why I came to you guys.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by kiyobrown
Only thing SR5 I see is the cluster.

SR-5 was a package, then you added other options to it. like power windows, sunroof, etc.

It's an SR-5 for sure, But just a base SR-5 which gave it,
SR-5 door pannels, Full cloth, that matched the seats
SR-5 bucket seating fully adjusable drivers side
SR-5 center console
SR-5 chrome wheels
SR-5 guages
SR-5 map/interior illumination pod
SR-5 steering wheel

It also should have had SR-5 stripes, which a few people did have removed, or ordered it deleted.

Usually rear slider was an option I'm not sure if it was an add on or if it might have just come as part of the SR-5 package in 88. The same goes for the "Wing" windows, they were an option depending on model and year, but were probably part of the base list of features in the SR-5 package in this case.

Depending on year "Chrome appearance package" was an option, but I'm almost positive by 88 it was included in the "SR-5 package" at no additional charge.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:34 PM
Fossilized
Staff

Received 448 Likes on 293 Posts
you have a price to start from. If someone is serious about buying it they can PM an offer...I don't see a problem with it...It might sell. If you get no serious offers you can always drop it a bit...Don't give this thing away
Old 07-06-2010, 12:53 PM

Received 74 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by Trainwreckinseattle
SR-5 was a package, then you added other options to it. like power windows, sunroof, etc.

It's an SR-5 for sure, But just a base SR-5 which gave it,
SR-5 door pannels, Full cloth, that matched the seats
SR-5 bucket seating fully adjusable drivers side
SR-5 center console
SR-5 chrome wheels
SR-5 guages
SR-5 map/interior illumination pod
SR-5 steering wheel

It also should have had SR-5 stripes, which a few people did have removed, or ordered it deleted.

Usually rear slider was an option I'm not sure if it was an add on or if it might have just come as part of the SR-5 package in 88. The same goes for the "Wing" windows, they were an option depending on model and year, but were probably part of the base list of features in the SR-5 package in this case.

Depending on year "Chrome appearance package" was an option, but I'm almost positive by 88 it was included in the "SR-5 package" at no additional charge.

Good post. I always forget those little things were all options. And the buckets went right by me seeing as I have a 4runner, don't worry too much about benches in those.
Old 07-06-2010, 02:03 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i just got aroused.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:24 PM

+1 on the "need pics of it clean"
Good luck with the sale!
Old 07-06-2010, 04:00 PM

Thanks for all the good info guys.

I'll do my best to get some cleaned up pics asap.

Quick Reply: *SOLD*1988 Toyota 4x4 Xtra Cab Pickup with 8289 Miles. Really.