Notices
The Classifieds GraveYard Where old classifieds threads go that are too good to let go

1987 Toyota Pickup Rock Crawler, 33" Swampers, 4" Lift, Indiana

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 08:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1987 Toyota Pickup, IFS, 33" Swampers, 4" Lift, Trail Toy, Indiana, $2200

This is my Toy truck. Located in West Lafayette, Indiana (zip code 47906). Asking $2,200 as it sits right now. The pictures show it the best I can. Here is a quick run down of the truck...

The truck has about 143,000 miles on it. It is a carbureted 4 cylinder (22R), with a 5 speed manual transmission. The transfer case is a gear driven case, with stock Toyota axles underneath. The axles have a 4.10:1 gear ratio. The rear axle is welded, which provides a permanently locked axle. The front tires are 33" Dunlop Mud Rovers and the rear tires are 33" TSL Super Swampers. The truck has the factory independent front suspension, with a 4" lift in both the front and the rear. The lift is a Pro Comp lift, with Edelbrock shocks. The price of the lift kit alone, with shocks, is about $1700.

The factory bed is gone, replaced with a bed made out of pressure treated lumber. There is a 33" spare tire mounted on a rim. The truck does NOT come with the tool box in the pictures. The button in the pictures labeled “start” is actually the horn. The starter is wired up normally to the key. The covered switch is the line lock, and the first uncovered switch is the fog lights. The second switch is not being used, and can be wired to anything you want.

The battery is a 1 year old Duralast Gold battery from AutoZone with about 800 CCA. The truck has rear brakes that are about 1 year old, as well as an electronic JEGS line lock for the front end (same equipment used by drag racers to lock the front tires while doing burnouts). This can be used on the trail, or as a parking brake around town.

The truck comes without a radio, but with all the wiring and speakers to have one. It has an extra set of doors that don't have any glass in them (great for off-roading only or summer driving). ALL the fluids have been replaced in the last year, and an oil and filter change were done last week. The front bumper has come off, but is still included with the truck. CB radio is not included, but will come with all the wiring to add your radio and antenna and be ready to go.

Title and plates are current, and ready to be signed over to a new owner. Please feel free to e-mail me with any questions, and I will get back to you the same day. jcousins at purdue dot edu

Last edited by j_cuz; 09-10-2008 at 08:27 AM.