Tires & Wheels Anything about tires and wheels

Places to buy tires and rims - Helpful and those to avoid

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 05:30 PM
Banned

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Places to buy tires and rims - Helpful and those to avoid

Removed

Last edited by waskillywabbit; 02-10-2013 at 01:53 PM.
Old 08-15-2009, 05:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I recently got a set of 33x10.5x15" BFG MT KM2s from www.onlinetires.com for $159.xx each shipped. I ordered one at a time over the course of 4 weeks, as I'm really terrible at saving money, so it was just easier for me.

The first one I ordered online, and my card was not charged and I did not hear anything from them for almost a week. I called, talked to a very helpful guy and we got it straightened out. He suggested that I call the orders in from then on. I did, and had no more problems whatsoever. On all but one occasion they'd ship the day after I'd order, and would arrive two days after that (CA to TX). The one time they didn't, he warned me on the phone when I ordered that they were waiting for another shipment, and it would be a few days.

Anyway, highly recommend, just call in instead of using the web!
Old 08-21-2009, 02:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well right now at my tire shop (americas tire co.) we have a special that if you buy a set of BFG's any type or size you will get a 70 dollar rebate, not trying to market or anything but i think thats a good deal. im pretty sure its nationwide, and its called discount tire in every state but california i think so look for those i guess
Old 09-08-2009, 05:56 PM

I think discount tire has the same quality tire as anybody else, but from my experience their customer service is terrible. I bought a set of wheels that for some reason did not have the center caps, but I was assured that they would have them within 2 weeks max. 2 years, 8 trips to discount tire, and 5 different idiot employees took down my number went by, and still no center caps.
Sorry for the rant but I think discount is a joke.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:50 AM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Bought the Trxus at 4wheelparts.com and my Nittos at Discount Tire. No problems with either place, good prices and free shipping to their stores in WA.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:52 AM
Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
i've bought the last 2 sets of tires from Discount Tire.... they will have my business for life. i've been so impressed with their warranty and customer service.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:30 AM

I've always bought through americas tire (discount tire outside of cali) and always had great service. I've trashed so many tires that i got replaced for practically nothing. They didn't even ask me why my tires were worn out with so few miles...
Old 09-12-2009, 03:42 AM
totally a bro
Staff

Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts
i like discount... if i find the same tire else where they usually price match for me. Good enough for me.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:53 AM

Tire package.com is a way good place to save some cash!!!
Old 10-21-2009, 10:21 PM

I bought a set of TSW rims and BFGoodrich tires for my Audi at Discount Tire. Had them shipped to the shop in Bellingham, WA for free. After over a year I hit a razorblade on a front tire and sliced it really bad; beyond repair. Took it to the shop and a new tire would've been like $150, but the dude at the counter sold me the warranty instead for $120 bucks for all four tires. So I got a new tire under warranty and a warranty on all others for less than what another single tire would've cost. Pretty pleased. I'd buy more tires from them for sure.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:01 AM

As with many tire places, it depends on the quality of people working there. I had a great experience at Costco and bought some BFG's with the limited $70 rebate. Great deal and I couldn't find anyone who could beat the price here in CO.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:18 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
ive had good luck with 4wp
Old 11-19-2009, 02:17 AM

Thumbs up I recomend Tire Rack!

I bought some Goodyear TDs for my Gen3 4runner, LOVE THEM! Tire rack had them on backorder and when i had questions about my order everything was taken care of super fast and the support was in ENGLISH! not from India but like in CA!

WOULD BUY AGAIN! If you are wondering about where to buy, goto tirerack!
Old 11-19-2009, 05:37 AM

I agree.

I just bought some Goodyear Eagle F1's for my wife's Mazdaspeed3, and not only was it a very good deal, but they arrived in 2 days.
Old 11-19-2009, 06:35 AM
Contributing Member

Discount Tire here will match their own on-line prices and Tire Rack's which is great since I'd rather do my whole tire deal with live people and a shop that I can return to if I have any problems,rotations or repairs.

That's not to say Tire Rack isn't good but I'm not so much into dealing with shipping and such and you still have to pay a shop for install.
Old 11-19-2009, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by X-AWDriver
Discount Tire here will match their own on-line prices and Tire Rack's which is great since I'd rather do my whole tire deal with live people and a shop that I can return to if I have any problems,rotations or repairs.

That's not to say Tire Rack isn't good but I'm not so much into dealing with shipping and such and you still have to pay a shop for install.

Tire Rack is awesome for a 'one-stop-shop' review database, but I agree with X-AWDriver, I too still prefer to buy from a brick-and-mortar store.

I bought my new Silent Armors from Discount, and they matched tire rack...and not to mention I did not have to pay for shipping. If I ever have problems with the tires, I do not have to deal with shipping it back.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:57 PM

Just bought tires again (for my father-in-law) from discount. They again matched tirerack. Just like last time they said they would have to add shipping. Just like last time, I haggled with them again...I bought their warranty, and they dropped the 'shipping' cost.

I love to do research from Tirerack's website. I love to buy from Discount/Americas.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by kawasakimoto_7
well right now at my tire shop (americas tire co.) we have a special that if you buy a set of BFG's any type or size you will get a 70 dollar rebate, not trying to market or anything but i think thats a good deal. im pretty sure its nationwide, and its called discount tire in every state but california i think so look for those i guess
This is correct. Discount Tire and America's Tire is the same company. I work there too. We have lots of deals and mail-in rebates (that you can now do online) and will price match almost anybody, including TireRack.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:36 PM
Contributing Member

I've had the best luck calling around to my local Discount Tire Co. locations and trying to bargain with them a bit after getting a name and going in in-person. I've often been able to get a better-than-price-match price, the "tire disposal fee" waived, and a special pro-rate deal on my old tires. I have had both good and bad experiences with Discount, but most have been positive.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by rimpainter.com
I've had the best luck calling around to my local Discount Tire Co. locations and trying to bargain with them a bit after getting a name and going in in-person. I've often been able to get a better-than-price-match price, the "tire disposal fee" waived, and a special pro-rate deal on my old tires. I have had both good and bad experiences with Discount, but most have been positive.
We do what we can to make customers as satisfied as possible. Tires automatically comes with a pro-rated warranty, so if they wear out before the mileage warranty is up, a certain amount of money is automatically taken off a new set. Also, we offer road-hazard warrant which covers the tire 100%. So if your out wheeling and puncture a sidewall or even two, we replace the tire for free. All you pay for is renewing the warranty, which is usually $15-20, depending on the tire.

Quick Reply: Places to buy tires and rims - Helpful and those to avoid