Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Tires & Wheels Anything about tires and wheels
Sponsored by:
Click Here

Welcome to Yotatech!
Welcome to Yotatech,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-12-2005, 10:15 AM   #21
Personal Sales Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaonbb
UPDATE: So far I've got a few hundred miles and loving every one of 'em These thgin are even better than I had hoped. Whisper quiet, rides almost as good as the A/S tires I ad before in terms of comfort. I can now say first hand the snow traction is great. We just got hit with 20" in SE Denver. Drifts over 4' were not match for my new Daytons! (Oh ,and the e-lock, low range and 4x4 didn't hurt either I guess ;-)

Found a friend who's running these in Madison, WI for the last two years. Said they are wearing great, even, etc. Anyone looking for a good, affordable tire shoud go no further!
thanks for the update--keep it coming. we didn't get your snow up here in ft.collins, but i'm leaning to these tires come winter as revos could run me almost 600 locally. for me, lots of crawling over loveland pass, but 25 + 70 to get there so road noise and snow handling important.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Yotatech!

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history--with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."--Mitch Ratliffe, "Technology Review"
javadoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 01:09 PM   #22

Location: 100 miles offshore as much as possible, & Springfield Oregon USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel_Freak
uh, what is so great about those??? they make my AT's look like Mudders...BFG AT's are alot more agressive, and the MT K/M's are to die for... No sale, I'll be going with 33x10.50 BFG MT K/M's... there's not even any factory siping on those MT's...

Price! That's what. They are MUCH cheaper than BFGs etc. They are basic technology (old skool) no fancy compounds, no fancy carcass construction, no frills, typically old standby tread patterns, no money spent on R&D. Built well though, just decent reliable tires at a decent price - face it that's all 90% of us really need isn't it? If they were similar in price to Goodyears, BFGs etc then they not be a smart buy.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:52 PM   #23
Threadstarter [OP]

Well put...not that you can put a price on safety and all of the other reasons we buy tires, but for a '97 w/135k (and lots of recent work...water pump, t-belt, starter, etc) they just seemed like a good fit for my $$$ situation. I actually think the tread design is pretty sweet also...I'd but them again. My bud in Madison has almost 25k on his set and said they are wearing great...hoping for the same!
iaonbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 02:13 PM   #24

Location: 100 miles offshore as much as possible, & Springfield Oregon USA
Don't get me wrong, I do not think they are "inferior" in any way. They are just not "cutting edge" and as I said, these are trucks, do we really need the ultimate compound or carcass construction? Nah. But I just checked and from a couple sources those Daytons are HALF the price of BFGs. HALF! That's amazing. Good deal if you ask me.
Old 10-12-2005, 02:40 PM   #25
Threadstarter [OP]

again...very well put flamedx4.
iaonbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 03:11 PM   #26
Contributing Member

As far as I am concerned, the BFG's don't hold a candle to these if you are looking for value. I guarantee they will out-perform the BFG's on road, ride smoother, and are much quieter.
Like Flamed said- Everyone doesn't need the latest greatest technology. Some people are looking for good value in a tire.

Oh yeah- How much are the BFG's??lol

http://www.yotatech.com/f79/terryjma...rofile-103826/
TLCA # 17870

Last edited by terryjmatthew; 10-12-2005 at 03:13 PM.
terryjmatthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 07:04 PM   #27

$114 per tire when I got mine.
1994 4Runner SR5 V6, 2nd HG, Downey headers and custom crossover, Aisin manual hubs, full OME suspension, Optima Red Top, Carsound hi-flow cat, Magnaflow with 2 1/4" pipe, K&N drop-in, Yakima rack, F/R diff breathers, BF Goodrich A/T's, ARB Bull Bar, "Highway Blaster" horns, more to come......
photomike72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 08:26 PM   #28

Send a message via AIM to mehret
Quote:
Originally Posted by snap-on
anybody running the new coopers?

I had a buddy who got the new Cooper Discovers, and he ended up selling them 2 weeks later. He said they dont compare to the older models
Old 10-12-2005, 08:26 PM
Yotatech
4WD Truck

Paid Advertisement

Tags
at, bf, comparison, dayton, goodrich, ii, mt, nc, review, reviews, sale, timberline, tire, tires, tyres