The Off-Road Gourmet Food, what to cook, how to cook, share your trail side meals with us

Omaha Steak

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 02:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Omaha Steak

Damn it! i just fell victim to the Omaha Steak add at the bottom of the forum. I guess at least now i will be celebrating my new winch bumper over the smell of finely seared rare beef.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:12 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
They are good...No Great! I get a delivery of sirloins, Ribeyes, and beef tips delivered every other month. Very good steaks and they are top quality.

I only get it because we get to pick out our company X-mas present and I always go for the Omaha Steak package!!!!
Old 04-18-2011, 03:44 PM

I had those one time..... Awesome ! Haven't seen them around here in quite a while. They are good steaks.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:17 AM

They have some great steaks try making a marinade using soy sauce,barbque sauce,teriaki sauce,ginger,onion salt,salt,peper and cayenne peper put it in a zip lock bag let the steak mainate for a min of 24 hours and cook over medium flame until cooked to how you perfer
Old 10-12-2011, 04:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You guys are funny. You would be better off and save money buying some good prime cuts from Costco or your local butcher. Omaha steaks are a bunch of injected premarinated overpriced crap steak. The reason it seems to be so good is because they are soaked in a flavoring tenderizing solution for a pretty long time. Then flash frozen.... They are solutionized select and choice cuts. The steaks weigh in AFTER being solution Soaked. So you pay double the price of what a prime cut costs, for meat you could buy on sale at a grocery store and do the same thing to for a tenth of the price. I know the drill. I used to retail this stuff for a living. And we used to eat it at my house until we realized how much of a waste it is.

If you get them free then cool. But unless you are filthy rich and want to waste money and be able to say... "Hey I am rich and buy omaha steaks"... There is no point in blowing money on cheap quality, pretenderized, preseasoned meat. Save yer money for yer truck and go eat GOOD PRIME. You will be able to afford a 6 pack with it too. LoL

Just a heads up to all those that thing Omaha has GOOD or QUALITY steaks. They really aren't very good if you have ever eaten a decent steak to compare to....That's what they are is decent. If you compare to a steak you could buy for less money and better quality. BTW, Omaha steaks are not "juicy". All that moisture is not from the meat. It is artificial solution and flavoring your tasting... Knowing that. Wouldn't eat make you just wana go buy some ALL natural good meat.. And know what is going on it to make it tasty... Rather then chemicals you cannot pronounce.

I would only buy it if it came with a hottie in a bikini to feed it to me for 75% off their retail prices.. LoL

I couldn't imagine what would happen if you took a GOOD cut and soaked it in their solutions? It would probably fall apart into the grill it would be so damn tender. No knife necessary... But a regular crap steak in their juices (omaha) just cooks up like a normal ole steak.. Haha. Just alot juicier... Cuz the juices are frozen in the whole time. Rather then a store bought steak that has bled out for days and has no juice left in it.throw it in a juicy tenderizing solution.... all better...Omaha style

Most people like Omaha's because regular grocery store steaks are disgusting and heave been purging their juices for a whole day or more sometimes. And they turn out like grissly beef jerky. Trim the fat and throw it in a solution for several days tho.. And you have an Omaha steak. =D

Last edited by 4x4climber; 10-12-2011 at 05:56 AM.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:40 PM

It was a one time purchase, they were on sale, my mistake. I am no stranger to cooking, bbq-ing or smoking meat bought from local butcher; wasnt looking for a lecture on the benefits of costco bulk buy.
P.S. none of what i bought was premarinated, just raw meat.