Diesel Swaps Diesel engines

TD Swaps, Does anyone know status?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2013, 11:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ya his work is top notch. I talked to him on fb real cool guy. Getting anxious to get my kit.
Old 06-25-2013, 06:24 AM

I've been waiting 5 months now for a Full kit that i ordered. I no longer get email reply's to my questions or phone calls back when i leave a message. I'm looking to get a refund and personally would not recommend his services or lack of. I can understand health problems and problems with suppliers and being a one man show (been there done that). But no response to customers is a bit much. Personally if you placed a order recently i would get your money back because you will most likely get nothing in the near future. I'm going to wait a for a reply from him but if like normal i get no response i will start taking action into getting a refund.

If i hear back or something arrives in the mail i'll post it on here.
Old 06-30-2013, 03:40 AM

i just went threw the same ordeal with brian i gave him around 2 months before i started a dispute threw pay pal in my opion hes a joke if u havent got your parts yet you should do your best to get your money back
Old 07-19-2013, 09:28 AM

Got a package in the mail finally. Some parts missing and i've been waiting for 2+ weeks to see anything in regards to the second package. Going threw what i have in the "full kit" its not what i would have expected. Should have gotten a basic kit and delt with hose's and mounts my self (in hindsight should have ordered from somewhere else). Instructions are very basic with a couple of close up photo's not alot of help but handy for reference.

It only took over 6 months to get half a kit.
Old 07-27-2013, 10:37 AM

I'm not sure why people mentioned the quality of the kit is good. I've had to re drill the power steering mount and the Oil pan is not usable. Oil pan drain plug is warped (in the shape of an oval). For the headache of nothing lining up so far I'd try and get my money back but i doubt there will be any reply. Hopefully the adapters were built by someone else.

Jump ship while you can.
Old 07-27-2013, 09:38 PM

Wait till u turn ur steering wheel. on my ifs v6 truck the tie rod is in almost constent with my oil pan. It hits so bad that it moves my engine when i get close to lock on my steering. beacuse he put the motor mounts too far back. Plus all the same problems that moro mentioned . i don't even think he has ever completed a ifs 4x4 swap much less a v6. This guy is a cold peace of u know what. I advise not to use td swaps ever. I'm gonna have to do a sas or something to get over this. problem.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:05 PM

Just recieved my "complete" kit after 3 months of waiting. No instructions and no belts in the box. No respnse to email or text. The mounts and othere brackets look nice if anyone has some pointers that has installed his kit that wols be great. Also is it neccesary to balance the toyota flywheel to match the mercedes flywheel? Thanks in advance.
Old 10-08-2013, 04:27 PM

Still waiting on my kit been since may.
Old 10-08-2013, 04:54 PM

I had to have my flywheel balanced. but that might of been caused by me plug welding the stock holes instead of pressing in a dowl and tack welding away from where u have to drill. most people say that thay are both nutral balance. as for the kit. i had to grid out the powder coat from all of the holes and slots where a bolt goes through. the bellhousing adaptor was off on the Mercedes side, had to beat the hell out of it to get it onthen the counter sunk bolt holes were off enough that some of them wouldn't sit flush. My v6 radator wouldn't fit in stock location, so i used the Mercedes one from my doner car. with the r series tranny u eather have to install a body lift or un bolt and jack the cab up every time u seprate the engine and trans. Hope this helps u out. ill post the belt numbers that I'm using in a bit. good lk with ur build.

Last edited by waltt; 10-08-2013 at 05:03 PM.
Old 10-16-2013, 08:45 AM

Finally got my kit in havent tried test fitting the adpter yet. Does anyone have the instructions
Old 10-16-2013, 09:02 AM

Moro has a copy that he has been able to send.
Old 10-16-2013, 07:23 PM

Pm me I have instructions that I will forward you.
Old 10-17-2013, 06:11 PM

Test fit my adapter plate an it fits perfect minus the dowel pins. Motor mount on driver side needs to be trimmed a little bit.
Old 10-24-2013, 11:26 AM

How is everyone getting the om617 flywheel mount off? So I can put the new one in
Old 10-24-2013, 11:29 AM

There's a threaded hole in the center just run to Bolt in it'll push it out.
Old 10-24-2013, 04:27 PM

If your talking about the aluminum plate tht the mercedes bell housing bolts to I just used a rubber mallet and it popped right off.
Old 10-24-2013, 04:31 PM

Do I hammer the new one into the factory flywheel mount

Last edited by draggin209; 10-24-2013 at 05:37 PM.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:48 PM

I used the flywheel mounting bolts to suck it up, i might have used longer bolts. i only. used three of them and sucked them up a little at a time to bring it in even and true. should b pretty easy.
Old 10-25-2013, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by waltt
I used the flywheel mounting bolts to suck it up, i might have used longer bolts. i only. used three of them and sucked them up a little at a time to bring it in even and true. should b pretty easy.
That what I did and use a mallet to get it over the dowel pins. I figure the tighter the fit the better since hopefully I won't have to remove it
Old 12-13-2013, 05:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would just like to add my recent experience with TDswaps. I'm not doing this to bitch, just to be informative to people who are trying to decide on what purchases to make. I'm not a mechanic, so I have to coordinate everything between Brian and the shop I'm using.

After several calls, emails, and text messages, I finally got Brian on the phone about 2 and a half months ago. He told me that he had a V6 swap kit in stock and he could ship it that week. So I took my 4runner and the donor car to my mechanic so they could get started. The first package arrived only one week late, so that wasn't too bad. The rest of the parts arrived in just under 8 weeks from the day I paid him. The worst part about it is the excuses. He always has an excuse for everything. He blames his wife for not sending stuff. It's always something.

Now, don't get me wrong. Brian is very friendly and helpful on the rare occasion that you get him on the phone. But my truck is sitting in a machine shop and they charge me by the hour! He promised to help answer questions when we needed him to, but now I spend several hours a day reading these forums to try and explain to the mechanics how to make things work.

Everybody's situation is different, and I wouldn't be as impatient if this was just a hobby I was doing in my garage. Just be warned that if you have a strict timeline, you are going to be disappointed. As far as the quality of the parts themselves, the mechanics haven't complained yet, but then again, we're still not finished yet.

Quick Reply: TD Swaps, Does anyone know status?