All Other Toyota Swaps I4, I6, Lexus V8

2JZGTE Swap kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 12:00 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My euro lexus 2JZ-GE stock had 250 hp before the turbo, manifolds etc.
It all comes down to this: is having 100 hp more for about the same fuel consumption worth the investment and the amount of work?
I think so, but adding a turbo on a 2JZ-GE versus using the 2JZ-GTE? (like I did)
No, all components and miscallaneous stuff do not add up the higher price for a stock GTE engine.
Prepping the fuel injection system and a new turbo will cost you that difference to begin with.
So I found later on in the swap
Old 02-01-2008, 01:05 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 4runner4ever
I've been driving mine for a while also.
Great fun, never problems, lots of torque at low rpm and amazing power from 4000-4500 up to 7000 rpm. Best engine I ever had. 16-22 mpg depending on the funfactor. Can't begin to explain how much better these engines are than the 7M series (previous swap).

Got challanged from a guy in a new Lexus RX a short time ago. He never stood a change. After the first shift I'm gone, 78 miles per hour under 8 seconds before I shift into third...
And still haven't fitted the bigger injectors....
Did 113mph easy this afternoon in 4th to loose a VW Golf, bet he was surprised too: hillbill:

Here's the swap, there's a vid in there also.

https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f116...bo-swap-86354/
Glad to see that you got it all together, I remember reading your build up when you were messing around with the bell housing and stuff,

I like these swaps and will maybe one day try it, depending on wether or not my truck stays a daily driver, or turns into a play toy, and how much $$$ I have when the 3.0 dies

If I ever do it, I am just going to get a half cut with a 2jz-gtte, and leave it stock. From reading up on this and other types or swaps, the mechanical stuff is usually the easy(er) part, and the wiring and little crap dings your wallet to death, so why not start out with a whole front end? it's either a $2k motor and tranny on a pallet that probably has a hacked wiring harness, and you wont know if it will run until you stab it into your truck, or a $3500 half cut that all you have to do is put a battery in and give it a fuel supply, and you know if you'll have issues before you spend time putting it in, and you'll know if any issues after installing it were there before

just my two cents on the whole swap process, you 4runner is def. one of the nicest I've ever seen, and with a stock(?) solid front axle to boot!
Old 02-01-2008, 01:27 PM
Contributing Member

Thanks, it indeed turned out to be a good project.
The reason I did it his way and not go half cut is:
a: the engine was fresh out of a perfect running low milage lexus which got a 2JZ-GTE swap.
b: I have a good contact, the owner of a supra tuning shop. He has everything and knows everything. Really.
c: I can do everything myself and are independent of help from others

O yeah, the solid axle is from a LC70 with coils. This complicated the swap forcing me to make a new sump from scratch. Another few hundred bucks but it definately was worth it.
Old 02-01-2008, 01:40 PM

Thanks, it indeed turned out to be a good project.
The reason I did it his way and not go half cut is:
a: the engine was fresh out of a perfect running low milage lexus which got a 2JZ-GTE swap.
b: I have a good contact, the owner of a supra tuning shop. He has everything and knows everything. Really.
c: I can do everything myself and are independent of help from others

O yeah, the solid axle is from a LC70 with coils. This complicated the swap forcing me to make a new sump from scratch. Another few hundred bucks but it definately was worth it.
yeah, that's not a bad way to go, over here it's a little harder to find 1j's or 2j's, they import cars with them so it's not to impossible (probably wouldn't be too bad with guys swapping in the gte's all the time)

but finding a 2jz-gte that is in an actual vehicle or just pulled out of one i.e. one that hasn't been imported, pretty much not going to happen unless you find a guy with a twin turbo supra, run into him and buy his car from the insurance company after they total it

yeah, it's always good to have someone around that you can call in a jam and be like "what the hell is this thing?" and they know what you are talking about before you even finish
Old 02-01-2008, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by b.miller123
It works awesome!

The only tape that I have is an adapter that goes out to my ipod, like the old school ones that everyone got for thier CD players before cd-decks were common,

Maybe I should hit up the pawn shop or soemthing, get some C&C Music Factory or Marky Mark and The Funky Bunch
HAHAHAHAHA...
Dude, whats the party without some DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince.
But C&C heh? hahha. C'mon and Sweat. LOL
Dont forget about Vanilla Ice dude...
Hey, I got a discman for sale, it fits in the console, it dont skip either...
Old 02-01-2008, 03:15 PM

I've been driving mine for a while also.
Great fun, never problems, lots of torque at low rpm and amazing power from 4000-4500 up to 7000 rpm. Best engine I ever had. 16-22 mpg depending on the funfactor. Can't begin to explain how much better these engines are than the 7M series (previous swap).

Got challanged from a guy in a new Lexus RX a short time ago. He never stood a change. After the first shift I'm gone, 78 miles per hour under 8 seconds before I shift into third...
And still haven't fitted the bigger injectors....
Did 113mph easy this afternoon in 4th to loose a VW Golf, bet he was surprised too: hillbill:

Here's the swap, there's a vid in there also.

https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f116...bo-swap-86354/
NICE!!! The only thing holdin me up is how im gonna get it into my tacoma...
Old 02-02-2008, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Taco3rzXP|2E
HAHAHAHAHA...
Dude, whats the party without some DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince.
But C&C heh? hahha. C'mon and Sweat. LOL
Dont forget about Vanilla Ice dude...
Hey, I got a discman for sale, it fits in the console, it dont skip either...
Yeah, my mom had one of those discman's, It was one of the early early ones, it was about an inch and a half thick and bigger around than anything out these days

I only thought of c&c cause there was something on tv the other day, one of those flashback shows like i love the 80's or whatever
Old 02-02-2008, 07:06 PM

Interested
Old 02-03-2008, 07:20 PM

hey, just an update, but 2jzgte hasn't been online since december 11, 2006. if anyone is trying to get a hold of him, you should try contacting the Idaho Speed Center in Boise, ID. you can use the yellow pages online to get their number. thought this might help some people.
Old 02-03-2008, 07:21 PM

ok, just checked...here's their web page:

http://www.idahospeed.com/
Old 02-03-2008, 07:26 PM

sorry, one more...they've got a price on the next one...seems crazy expensive but i think it is the whole swap.

http://www.idahospeed.com/toyota2jz.html
Old 03-31-2008, 11:48 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
i'm interested in doing this swap, where would i find more info?
Old 03-31-2008, 12:59 PM

very interested. let us all know when you get the kit with pricing and everything. thanks for takin the time dude!
Old 03-31-2008, 04:09 PM

They is closeded now
Old 04-22-2008, 08:45 PM

So when and where can we see the finished price of this swap?????? Very Very cool!!!!!
Old 04-23-2008, 07:03 AM

wow...the speedcenter is closed. so much for a kit on this swap.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:28 AM

wow ur tuck is amazing um couple quick questions is it possible for a 86 toyota pickup to get a 2jz second how do u switch tranny and + to 4x4 i can get a 2jz with tranny for cheap how do i switch tanny and dif ya know the goods lmao pls msg back need help
Old 09-16-2009, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by yodamudstar
wow ur tuck is amazing um couple quick questions is it possible for a 86 toyota pickup to get a 2jz second how do u switch tranny and + to 4x4 i can get a 2jz with tranny for cheap how do i switch tanny and dif ya know the goods lmao pls msg back need help
maybe you should learn how to read first before you move on to more complicated stuff.
Old 11-22-2009, 10:33 PM

when are you guys gonna have that kit ready? cuz youve got a buyer right here!!!
Old 11-23-2009, 04:54 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
lexus 2 jz man swap q?

Originally Posted by Greg_Canada
I would not put a w56 behind a 2jz-tte, maybe a 2jze, but not the turbo.
Oh and w56 will go behind a 7m-ge, an r-series trans resides behind the 7mgte...

But yes, ballpark pricing would be great...

Also, how much work is it wiring it in?
WAY off topic but U seem to know whats what with bellhousings and trans combos for the 2jz. my question is what bellhousing do i need to get a 7mgte r series trans in behind my lexus IS 300 2jz. I already have the complete transmission but not sure if the 7m bellhosing will bolt up... If not, what year make and models would work or do i need a special adapter. also what flywheel / clutch throwout bearing combo works? the 2 jz or 2 jzgte?

Quick Reply: 2JZGTE Swap kit