3.4 Swaps The 3.4 V6 Toyota engine

URD 7th and fuel line connection with swap

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 11:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
URD 7th and fuel line connection with swap

After running the larger injectors with a split second fuel controller I am stepping up (I hope) to the 7th from URD. Ran into an issue tonight, braided fuel line to connect in is too short. This information might already be out there and don't blast me if it already is but what did you other swappers do for this problem? I was thinking of trying to find another one out there somewhere but wanted to finish it up this weekend. Thoughts?
Old 06-01-2014, 08:01 PM

Got it on now is running awful

Fixed the fuel line and no issues with leaks but now runs terrible with the preloaded map from Gadget. I put on the 2.2 pulley and running the supra MAF. So I think it is a matter of manipulating the fuel maps. Does anyone have this setup (URD 7th, 2.2 and supra maf)? Or does someone at least have a 7th with the 2.2 pulley maps they could shoot me to start from. The car starts up and then it immediately runs horrible and finally quits.. It is going lean and being starved.. That is what it sounds like anyway. Can someone shoot me a map to start the tuning off with?
Old 06-01-2014, 08:15 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Was it running well before you added the 7th and Supra maf?

You might ask this in the 95.5-04 section. A few knowledgeable S\C'ers over there.

Last edited by vasinvictor; 06-01-2014 at 08:25 PM.
Old 06-01-2014, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by vasinvictor
Was it running well before you added the 7th and Supra maf?

You might ask this in the 95.5-04 section. A few knowledgeable S\C'ers over there.
Yes it was running great. I had the fuel timing controller with the supra injectors and supra maf. Changed back to stock injectors with the urd 7th and the 2.2 pulley. I can't believe the supra maf and the 2.2 pulley would change the base map that urd sent. But I guess it just needs that much more fuel.

Good point.. I probably should stop this thread and switch to a new thread in the 3rd gen and tacoma section..
Old 06-01-2014, 09:04 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I wouldn't suspect you'd need that much more fuel to make it run decent. I would suspect a wire or two got crossed in the maf. Not sure if you rewired it or if its plug and play but somethings not right.

Also not sure what your power goals are but I'm running 14-15lb boost thru factory maf and using tiny 1.5" charge pipe. Your stock maf is not restrictive at your power levels.

Last edited by vasinvictor; 06-01-2014 at 09:07 PM.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by vasinvictor
I wouldn't suspect you'd need that much more fuel to make it run decent. I would suspect a wire or two got crossed in the maf. Not sure if you rewired it or if its plug and play but somethings not right.

Also not sure what your power goals are but I'm running 14-15lb boost thru factory maf and using tiny 1.5" charge pipe. Your stock maf is not restrictive at your power levels.
I had the supra maf running prior to the switch. I have no problem switching back. I think you are probably right on the wires. I must have missed something there when I switched from the split second unit to the urd controller. I will have to hunt it down after work tomorrow.
Old 06-02-2014, 11:58 AM

Issue Resolved

Resolved the issue this morning. I realized after victors post that with the 7th injector controller it does not control or manipulated the mass air flow and therefore the Supra MAF will require additional electronics to run correctly. The FTC i had on there did control through the MAF so it was just a plug and play. I verified this through Gadget. She runs beautiful now and the boost is amazing with the 2.2 vs stock pulley. And I am sure the 7th helps over the supra injectors. It is fun to drive.. Thanks for your help!!

Now I just need to figure out how to do the heater control valve. Supercarger is so big that I can't open all the way to let flow out. Has anyone changed it out so that it is thiner or moved somehow out of the way so it is free to move in and out?